S'all goooooood.

iluvsmesumdooley

I feel like I've been a little unfair to the UT football program lately. I'm thinking about backing off the negativity and just accepting things for what they are now. But not without one more negative shot - lol!
The sad truth is that UT is now one of the SEC's lower programs. This was confirmed with the hiring of an inexperienced head coach and AD. This is something that a top-flight program like Alabama would never do in a million years. It shows where we are in comparison to them - light years behind.
We are not going to challenge Alabama for SEC supremacy as long as Nicky is the head coach of those thugs. We are not even going to challenge the SEC with Smart recruiting the way he is and with what Mullen is about to resurrect at Florida. We might take down the other East teams, but only because they are mediocre as well.
But in the long run, is 8-4 0r 6-6 really that bad? Some teams would love to be consistently at that level. Heck, I wish WE were at that level consistently. We are not. We had the absolute worst football team in the SEC last year, and I think - instead of talking insanely about SEC titles - we need to focus on the 8-4 mark. It would be a remarkable job by a coach like Pruitt if he could achieve this. So I will be overjoyed if we are able to get this and go to a bowl like the Outback.
Some of you will slam me for saying this. That's okay. But let me ask you - do you pay for the games? Do you love filling the stadium? Because, if you do, you are the reason we are mired in mediocrity. There is no incentive to hire a top-flight coach because you're paying anyway. I don't blame the administration one single bit for settling for Pruitt. They did the smartest thing they could do. To tell you the truth, I hope they amp up ticket prices so we can renovate Neyland even more. Why? Because you're going to pay it. We all know it. You love it. You can't get enough of it.
And I am fine with it. It's still my school, for better or for worse. But please - I beg you - lay off the title talk and don't go squalling about firing Pruitt if he is going 8-4 or 7-5. Why? Because nobody better is ever going to come. As long as you scarf up season tickets, the powers that be are happy.
I'll see y'all in Neyland when the tickets are being sold for $5 apiece. I still like football, and I am looking forward to going.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel like I've been a little unfair to the UT football program lately. I'm thinking about backing off the negativity and just accepting things for what they are now. But not without one more negative shot - lol!
The sad truth is that UT is now one of the SEC's lower programs. This was confirmed with the hiring of an inexperienced head coach and AD. This is something that a top-flight program like Alabama would never do in a million years. It shows where we are in comparison to them - light years behind.
We are not going to challenge Alabama for SEC supremacy as long as Nicky is the head coach of those thugs. We are not even going to challenge the SEC with Smart recruiting the way he is and with what Mullen is about to resurrect at Florida. We might take down the other East teams, but only because they are mediocre as well.

How is it that Hallmark hasn't hired you?

Reactions: 3 people
But in the long run, is 8-4 0r 6-6 really that bad? Some teams would love to be consistently at that level. Heck, I wish WE were at that level consistently. We are not. We had the absolute worst football team in the SEC last year, and I think - instead of talking insanely about SEC titles - we need to focus on the 8-4 mark. It would be a remarkable job by a coach like Pruitt if he could achieve this. So I will be overjoyed if we are able to get this and go to a bowl like the Outback.
Some of you will slam me for saying this. That's okay. But let me ask you - do you pay for the games? Do you love filling the stadium? Because, if you do, you are the reason we are mired in mediocrity. There is no incentive to hire a top-flight coach because you're paying anyway. I don't blame the administration one single bit for settling for Pruitt. They did the smartest thing they could do. To tell you the truth, I hope they amp up ticket prices so we can renovate Neyland even more. Why? Because you're going to pay it. We all know it. You love it. You can't get enough of it.
And I am fine with it. It's still my school, for better or for worse. But please - I beg you - lay off the title talk and don't go squalling about firing Pruitt if he is going 8-4 or 7-5. Why? Because nobody better is ever going to come. As long as you scarf up season tickets, the powers that be are happy.
I'll see y'all in Neyland when the tickets are being sold for $5 apiece. I still like football, and I am looking forward to going.

Just a couple of things: I would think that a Vol fan with Dooley in his moniker in 2018 would be as unconditional a supporter as you could be. The part I placed in bold is just wrong. What experience did Bill Battle have when they hired him as AD? How about Mal Moore? What experience did either Mike DuBose or Mike Shula have as a head coach when they were hired by Alabama? Yes, they hit the mother load with Nick Saban by dumb luck (they had offered Rich Rod in December of '06) and that makes up for every other mistake made including Mike Price.... but your statement is still wrong, nevertheless. Alabama has made a ton of mistakes - just as we have. You only have to get it right once. We'll see.

Tennessee went the route of hiring an experienced AD in Dave Hart and an experienced head coach in Butch Jones (albeit at a mid-major program). Every indication at the moment is that Alabama's DC in December of 2012 (Kirby Smart) would have been a better path to travel.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The sad truth is that UT is now one of the SEC's lower programs. This was confirmed with the hiring of an inexperienced head coach and AD. This is something that a top-flight
program like Alabama would never do in a million years. It shows where we are in comparison to them - light years behind.

Ever heard of Mike Shula ? Tennessee isn't the only program to hire inexperienced guys. Just hope we have more success with ours. In my opinion, we have a better than even shot that it will at least stabilize the program and get us back on the right path. We have had several fairly successful coaches that never won a National title. If we have reasonable expectations, I think we will be happy with Pruitt. If we have to have a champion within two or three years or else then I believe we have settled into a rut of coaching changes we may never escape. Majors got about 14 or 15 years if I remember correctly. I know he was a favorite son with a longer leash, but crap, we gave Butch 5.

You're the opposite of D4H, Nationdom, and Orange Defense and yet you're as annoying as they are.

Reactions: 7 people
Why’s this a thread?

3423222.gif

Reactions: 4 people
i feel like i've been a little unfair to the ut football program lately. I'm thinking about backing off the negativity and just accepting things for what they are now. But not without one more negative shot - lol!
The sad truth is that ut is now one of the sec's lower programs. This was confirmed with the hiring of an inexperienced head coach and ad. This is something that a top-flight program like alabama would never do in a million years. It shows where we are in comparison to them - light years behind.
We are not going to challenge alabama for sec supremacy as long as nicky is the head coach of those thugs. We are not even going to challenge the sec with smart recruiting the way he is and with what mullen is about to resurrect at florida. We might take down the other east teams, but only because they are mediocre as well.
But in the long run, is 8-4 0r 6-6 really that bad? Some teams would love to be consistently at that level. Heck, i wish we were at that level consistently. We are not. We had the absolute worst football team in the sec last year, and i think - instead of talking insanely about sec titles - we need to focus on the 8-4 mark. It would be a remarkable job by a coach like pruitt if he could achieve this. So i will be overjoyed if we are able to get this and go to a bowl like the outback.
Some of you will slam me for saying this. That's okay. But let me ask you - do you pay for the games? Do you love filling the stadium? Because, if you do, you are the reason we are mired in mediocrity. There is no incentive to hire a top-flight coach because you're paying anyway. I don't blame the administration one single bit for settling for pruitt. They did the smartest thing they could do. To tell you the truth, i hope they amp up ticket prices so we can renovate neyland even more. Why? Because you're going to pay it. We all know it. You love it. You can't get enough of it.
And i am fine with it. It's still my school, for better or for worse. But please - i beg you - lay off the title talk and don't go squalling about firing pruitt if he is going 8-4 or 7-5. Why? Because nobody better is ever going to come. As long as you scarf up season tickets, the powers that be are happy.
I'll see y'all in neyland when the tickets are being sold for $5 apiece. I still like football, and i am looking forward to going.

Billy 2.gif

Reactions: 2 people

giphy.gif

Don't beat yourself up. I literally don't think I've ever seen you post, so I can't imagine your negativity bothered anyone.

iluvsmesumdooley

Nope.

I've dug a fair number of holes in my life (been there, dug that) and think I recognize when someone else has dug one. Though I don't think my hard won advice will be accepted (cheerily or otherwise), I'd say the old
saying "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging" probably applies.

Get a new account.

:hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: jim43
Thoose who do not pay to see games sure like to diss those who do. Without paying supporters you would have to follow Saturday wrestling

VN Store

Back