Taylor switching positions

secking

Taylor has been recruited to play quarterback, wide receiver and safety. The Vols recruited him as a receiver. “Tennessee has been recruiting me as a wide receiver, others wanted me as defensive back. I want to play wide receiver and Tennessee is telling me that is were I’ll play, Tennessee has had great receivers.”

April 10, 2018-Pruitt announces freshman Alontae Taylor switched positions from wide receiver to defensive back.

That didn’t take long. They may play him both ways, but if Taylor’s goals is to reach the NFL, his greatest upside is at defensive back. He has the tools to be a shut down corner if they leave him at DB.

Reactions: 1 person
Give him a chance at WR.

If he can't run routes or hold on to the ball, the bench will let him know a position change is best for all.

Reactions: 2 people
GoodSmallFlyingfox-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: 11 people
April 10, 2018-Pruitt announces freshman Alontae Taylor switched positions from wide receiver to defensive back.

That didn’t take long. They may play him both ways, but if Taylor’s goals is to reach the NFL, his greatest upside is at defensive back. He has the tools to be a shut down corner if they leave him at DB.

Shut down.. really?

Give him a chance at WR.

If he can't run routes or hold on to the ball, the bench will let him know a position change is best for all.

He really struggled in the All American practices at WR. Playing QB in HS, he will have to learn a new position regardless, might as well put him where he fits best at DB

Give him a chance at WR.

I think they did...

I don't think it's a case of catching and running....to the contrary...

The kid is gifted and could help in several positions, but this is the place he could help the team the most...jmo.

Byrd should play both -- why did he get put back at WR ?

Because fans don't decide where players play. It took 1 practice for CJP to see he wasn't a cornerback and a little longer to see he wasn't a safety. Even CBJ got this one right. Let it go.

Keep doubting Cam Sutton. He's a clone of 90s All-Pro CB Eric Allen. His rise to NFL stardom starts this year. He will be a great starting CB on a Steelers team that wins the Super Bowl this upcoming season.

The prophet has spoken. As he has spewed, so it may flow.

In reality, I think Cam will prove to be one heck of a CB or whatever position they play him. But that's what I think, making no claim to divine or supernatural ability or connection. Unlike that other guy. :biggrin:

Give him a chance at WR.

Agreed. You have to honor your promises that you make on the recruiting trail, or the word will get out and our recruiting will suffer for it. JMO

VN Store

Back