Former Bama player says Saban, Pruitt were put on Earth to coach football

That’s right, he was born to beat Smart, Mullen, and that South Carolina guy. Born to give Alabama and Auburn fits.😬🧐🧐

Reactions: 5 people
The alabama worship is strong in volnation

No kidding. I sooo want to believe and get all excited. But then I think how if we go 2-10 in 2018, these same fans will be on here talking about how we should have known when he couldn't even decide what position certain players should play back in the spring.

Oh, please let him be successful!

Reactions: 4 people

Come on man. Saying you hope Pruitt is “half as good as Nick Saban”, who is arguably the greatest coach in the history of college football, and, by doing the math, would equal Tennessee racking up a ton of wins and 3 national titles isn’t “worshipping Alabama”....it’s rightfully acknowledging how successful Alabama’s head coach is and wishing that type of success here at Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people

Those aren't negative waves. If Pruitt leaves for Alabama in 4-5 years, it means 1) Dabo for some reason didn't get/want the job and 2) Pruitt returned Tennessee to national prominence.

Let's get real though. This whole board needs to get real. Nobody really knows how good Pruitt is, and we likely won't know for a few years. Butch didn't get totally exposed as a mediocre at best head coach until the second half of his 4th year, although there were cracks in the foundation visible in year 3.

No kidding. I sooo want to believe and get all excited. But then I think how if we go 2-10 in 2018, these same fans will be on here talking about how we should have known when he couldn't even decide what position certain players should play back in the spring.

Oh, please let him be successful!

You hit the nail on the head after watching all of the spring games we are at the bottom in the SEC in talent, it will take a good coach 3 years to even thinking about winning 8 games this team is a 4 or 5 win team at best no QB below average OL no depth on the DL, so thats what JP is dealing with all of us the FANS need to sit back and give JP time its hard to get top recruits to come here when you are winning 4 and 5 games, first of all he has to show he can coach then the recruits will come but this is going to be a long hard season you can't judge JP by the Wins this season if so he needs to leave now he has to show the top recruits he can coach and we are heading in the right direction our QB of the future is a junior in highschool now growing peach fuzz on his upper lip so it going to take time we don't have a QB on this team that is even a decent backup much less starting in the SEC it gets old every year saying wait till next year but as a fan of 50 years and in bad health i have already know that i won't see a SEC or ANOTHER NC l in my life time will get behind and give JP time it will take at least 5 years before this team can compete for the East, it sad to think that we are below Vandy and Kentucky in talent but we are its going to be a trying time on the FANS we will see the real VFL FANS, BUT AS A VOL FAN OF 50 YEARS I WILL BE ROOTING FOR MY BE LOVED VOLS TILL THE LAST BREATH all i can say is GO VOLS and BUCK BUCK BUCK AND BUCK BAMA and little saint nick.:rock:

Reactions: 1 person
We will. Unless he decides to leave for bama in 4-5 years.

Depends on his success here. If in five years he's built his own powerhouse and started a dynasty, why move back to Bama where he would follow in the footsteps of a living legend and potentially not live up to expectations? Make no mistake, the expectations of Bammers will be extreme in that aftermath.

Any coach that follows Saban is in for a rough ride. Of course, that can be said about most coaches of that caliber. Who was the coach in Neyland's active duty years? And who took his place when he retired? Answer without a Google search.

Point being, if a coach builds a program into his or her own image and puts their stamp on it, why go somewhere else to start over and take the chance on losing everything?

Nope, Dabo has that job locked up

See above. Dabo isn't going anywhere. Why leave Clemson which he's built up over 15 years into his program just to coach at Alabama? School loyalty? He IS Clemson football.

Not to mention he's making darn good money at Clemson as well. Which I'd bet they would match penny for penny with whatever Bama offers.

You hit the nail on the head after watching all of the spring games we are at the bottom in the SEC in talent, it will take a good coach 3 years to even thinking about winning 8 games this team is a 4 or 5 win team at best no QB below average OL no depth on the DL, so thats what JP is dealing with all of us the FANS need to sit back and give JP time its hard to get top recruits to come here when you are winning 4 and 5 games, first of all he has to show he can coach then the recruits will come but this is going to be a long hard season you can't judge JP by the Wins this season if so he needs to leave now he has to show the top recruits he can coach and we are heading in the right direction our QB of the future is a junior in highschool now growing peach fuzz on his upper lip so it going to take time we don't have a QB on this team that is even a decent backup much less starting in the SEC it gets old every year saying wait till next year but as a fan of 50 years and in bad health i have already know that i won't see a SEC or ANOTHER NC l in my life time will get behind and give JP time it will take at least 5 years before this team can compete for the East, it sad to think that we are below Vandy and Kentucky in talent but we are its going to be a trying time on the FANS we will see the real VFL FANS, BUT AS A VOL FAN OF 50 YEARS I WILL BE ROOTING FOR MY BE LOVED VOLS TILL THE LAST BREATH all i can say is GO VOLS and BUCK BUCK BUCK AND BUCK BAMA and little saint nick.:rock:

maxresdefault.jpg

There’s nothing wrong with respecting greatness, no matter how much you hate the particular team. No way in hell I want Bama to keep winning, but I respect and admire everything Saban has been to accomplish consistently for going on 10 years. It won’t last forever.

My orange DNA doesn’t allow for that but let’s be real here , you know like everybody claims to be when talking about where we actually are as a football team . I don’t think it’s alabama worship when you look around the country and say , “ok we are going to build an elite program so who do want to base our model off of “? We you are honest with yourself and out the fan hatred aside I bet the answer to that will never be vandy, Kentucky , Kent state or sister Mary’s school for blind . If you want to be successful in anything you look at the ones that are the most successful and do what they do .

You got it all wrong. There's no gump worship. Sure Saban is a great Coach. He won a NC at LSU. Being from there, having played there, and having coached there is the primary issue that fans have had with CHP. That and he isn't Gruden or some other home run hire. He wa nothing but a DC.

Now he is the Vols Head Football Coach. If you consider yourself a fan of Vol Football you want CJP to be very successful for as long as he is our HC.

I'm back in on the O&W game. Wooooo!

My orange DNA doesn’t allow for that but let’s be real here , you know like everybody claims to be when talking about where we actually are as a football team . I don’t think it’s alabama worship when you look around the country and say , “ok we are going to build an elite program so who do want to base our model off of “? We you are honest with yourself and out the fan hatred aside I bet the answer to that will never be vandy, Kentucky , Kent state or sister Mary’s school for blind . If you want to be successful in anything you look at the ones that are the most successful and do what they do .

Vol fans don't have to look anywhere but home. Neyland isn't just the name of our Football Stadium.

Pat did it with the Lady Vols.

Unscored upon defense is the high water mark. Did our defense out score out opponents that year?

VN Store

Back