CBS: Fulmer sees himself in Pruitt.

I actually like Pruitt's approach in being very quiet and giving our next to no info. That is very hard to do in 2018.

I agree that it could backfire as the media can turn on a coach/program but I hope Pruitt and staff are quietly going about their business and building UT's foundation on granite and not slogans.

Reactions: 1 person
I just hope our opponents come to think of Pruitt as Dr. EVol.
He's already got the hairdo.
All he needs now is a hairless coon hound, a mini-me that can become our new mascot...

And

One Million Dollars.gif

Then we better prepare for some athletic guys who are prone to trouble and better pray like heck we can find amazing coordinators.

This doesn't help.

The quote from the article was because Pruitt has coached at several different positions throughout his career, just like Phil.

And I would imagine that's a good thing for any coach.
I'm sure context won't slow the insult brigade down but hey, some find it important.

Reactions: 10 people
So true! Pi$$ed me off about 6 different times in that article.

Me too; he did his best to cast aspersions.

But overall a good read - thanks Special Ed!

"It's amazing what can happen when no one gets the credit".

Fulmer and Pruitt, the dynamic duo. Let's get it on!

Reactions: 2 people
Dennis Dodd’s a known idiot, though.

Yes he is. Who can forget last year’s “Butch Jones is actually one of the most underrated coaches in the country” piece he authored. Read more like Jones actually wrote it and Dodd put his name to it.

Last edited:
Then we better prepare for some athletic guys who are prone to trouble and better pray like heck we can find amazing coordinators.

That was a winning formula for many years under Phil. Here’s to hoping Pruitt has a similar run.

Phil will go nuts when Pruitt starts to pound the rock.

And, then follow that up with a lot of looking at the film.

Hope ol dennis knows tn fans could give a rats a$$ about his opinion of our fan base. Just another hit piece from a keyboard warrior who knows nothing about from which he speaks.

Reactions: 3 people
I enjoyed the read and thought it was a well thought out and well written piece. I only take exception with two statements:

'The speculation was over the top for Tennessee fans who traditionally overvalue their program'. I find this statement to be insulting. We don't 'over value' anything. The Tennessee brand has great inherent value.

'Remember, this is a fan base that was convinced Jon Gruden was a possibility.' This is also insulting. The fan base had plenty of reason to think Gruden would consider Tennessee and he did absolutely nothing to dispel that idea. I watched him several times on MNF and he was very careful to mention Tennessee as often as possible. He was playing the game to up his ante for a pro gig, but no Vol fan was foolish for buying into his shtick. He sold it well and it was a reasonable concept, based on his past relationship with the school.

You mean Pruitt said "Get in my belly Phil"????

Keep making fun of the HALL OF FAME coach that won 10 games every year and won our only NC in the last 67 years and competed for the SEC every year, even the year before he was told to go won the East, the Fulmer curse lives on, boy thats funny winning 4 to 6 games a year is real funny most of the fans got what they deserve a 5 or 6 win football program and let me tell you what is really funny we are below Vandy and KENTUCKY in football talent boy i think i will laugh my azz of.:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:and you know what it will take at least 3 years before this team has a chance to win 6 games:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Reactions: 3 people
I enjoyed the read and thought it was a well thought out and well written piece. I only take exception with two statements:

'The speculation was over the top for Tennessee fans who traditionally overvalue their program'. I find this statement to be insulting. We don't 'over value' anything. The Tennessee brand has great inherent value.

'Remember, this is a fan base that was convinced Jon Gruden was a possibility.' This is also insulting. The fan base had plenty of reason to think Gruden would consider Tennessee and he did absolutely nothing to dispel that idea. I watched him several times on MNF and he was very careful to mention Tennessee as often as possible. He was playing the game to up his ante for a pro gig, but no Vol fan was foolish for buying into his shtick. He sold it well and it was a reasonable concept, based on his past relationship with the school.

Dodd is big on the “Tennessee isn’t nearly as good a program as their fans think it is” narrative. Heard him say it more than once on the radio, and now he puts it in print too. He thinks we’re maybe the 7th or 8th best program in the SEC.

VN Store

Back