Books are Open-Proj SEC wins

secking

Books are open to bet on regular seasons wins. My prediction as well.

AL-10.5 over
GA-10.5 under
AU-9 push
MSU-8 push
LSU-7.5 over
A&M-7 push
UF-7 over
SC-7 over
MO-6.5 under
KY-6 over (easy money)
OM-6 over
UT-5.5 over
AR-5.5 under
VU-5 under

Yours?

With the exception of AL and GA, and given the coaching changes, I’d say there are a few good gambles on there. Unfortunately, I believe UT will be lucky to get to any bowl game.

With the exception of AL and GA, and given the coaching changes, I’d say there are a few good gambles on there. Unfortunately, I believe UT will be lucky to get to any bowl game.

I wouldn't say we'd be lucky to make a bowl game, that's a reach for me. We are returning some good talent however, don't think I'm sayin we go to the sec championship by any means. I think 6 wins is definitely doable and likely especially if we can get the most out of out oline. That is a big IF though but I see six wins

Reactions: 2 people
That's not far off.

I'd personally put the Vols at 6 even, maybe 6.5 on an optimistic day. Think we can get 3, maaaaaaybe 4 wins out of West Virginia, Florida, South Carolina, Kentucky, Mizzou and Vandy.

Which sounds really bad if you're time traveling from the Fulmer years. But shockingly optimistic if you watched every game last year and remember them clearly.

I think there's a bit of a bounce-back in our favor even before CJP and crew get to work. I think every team operates within a range of possible competencies. On a good day, they're at the top of that band, and on a bad day, they're at the bottom of it. So you pick the center line of the range, and rank that team compared to others based on it.

I think last year, we happened to play all the close games (except Ga Tech) at or near the bottom of the band. You'd expect any team to bounce around within its band, and get some games on a high point and others on a low. I think we happened to be in the lower part of the band for all the key games that would make the difference between 4-8 and 9-3. That is, the Kentucky, Vandy, Florida, USCe, and Mizzou games. If the law of averages had worked more evenly, we'd have won 2 or three of those games, and ended the regular season 6-6 or 7-5. I think that's how good the team "really was."

So we're hopefully a bit better than that this year. But not much, because there's a lot of bad to undo, a lot to fix, and very little time to fix it all.

So, yeah. 6-6 or maybe a little better is my guess. The Vegas books, at 5.5, aren't too far off, just a bit more pessimistic than me.

As for the rest of SEC, I'd bet the over on Arkansas, push on Florida, and agree with you on all the rest.

Go Vols!

We have a brand new coach who has never been a coach,no matter how good wr may feel about him. We have talent but that talent was all tainted and ruined by the previous bumbling idiot. No matter how good the talent it is hard to reprogram bad behaviours and practices that were taught by our previous ham headed coach.

UT has a pretty difficult secw draw this year and trhey play UGA and USC on the road.

I'd say we get 3 wins MAX in the SEC and 3 wins non conference.

I'd be happy honestly with 6 wins if one of those wins was a game we truly had no business winning (Bama,Auburn,UGA). I just want one UT coach to lead us to a massive upset victory. That hasn't happened in years.

Reactions: 1 person
I can't imagine taking the "under" on 5.5 wins. Anything that could have possibly gone wrong went wrong last year. Actually, some things went wrong that were impossible to go wrong. Yet, we still eeked out 4 wins. I just have to believe we'll do better than last year on the simple mindset that last year we hit the floor and then found a trap door that no one even knew existed. I think the true floor is 5 wins, so if you bet the "under", you're banking on a "floor" season. I don't think we'll go significantly higher than 5.5 wins, but surely we can get to 6... right?!

AL-10.5 over
GA-10.5 under
AU-9 push
MSU-8 push
LSU-7.5 over
A&M-7 push
UF-7 over
SC-7 over
MO-6.5 under
KY-6 over (easy money)
OM-6 over
UT-5.5 over
AR-5.5 under
VU-5 under

Yours?

Well this can’t possibly be right. Those guys are a buncha idiots, we’re winning at least 10 games

-D4H and/or Nationdumb

Reactions: 4 people

AL-10.5 over
GA-10.5 under
AU-9 push
MSU-8 push
LSU-7.5 over
A&M-7 push
UF-7 over
SC-7 over
MO-6.5 under
KY-6 over (easy money)
OM-6 over
UT-5.5 over
AR-5.5 under
VU-5 under

Yours?

Ky. jelly does not win 7 games.

AL-10.5 (Over 11)
GA-10.5 (Over 11)
AU-9 (Push)
MSU-8 (Under 7)
LSU-7.5 (Over 9)
A&M-7 (Over 8)
UF-7 (Over 8)
SC-7 (Over 8)
MO-6.5 (Over 7)
KY-6 (Over 7)
OM-6 (Under 5)
UT-5.5 (Over 6)
AR-5.5 (Under 5)
VU-5 (Under 4)

See y'all in Memphis this December...

For reference this was before the 2017 season:

•Alabama: 10.5 (Over -120, Under EVEN)
•Auburn: 9 (Over EVEN, Under -120)
•Georgia: 9 (Over +110, Under -130)
•LSU: 9 (Over EVEN, Under -120)
•Florida: 8 (Over EVEN, Under -120)
•Tennessee: 7.5 (Over -120, Under EVEN)
•Texas A&M: 7.5 (Over -110, Under -110)
•Kentucky: 7 (Over EVEN, Under -120)
•Arkansas: 6 (Over -110, Under -110)
•Missouri: 6 (Over -110, Under -110)
•Vanderbilt: 6 (Over -130, Under +110)
•Ole Miss: 5.5 (Over -110, Under -110)
•Mississippi State: 5 (Over EVEN, Under -120)
•South Carolina: 5 (Over -110, Under -110)

4 SEC teams projected to win at least 9 games, according to Las Vegas

AL-10.5 over
GA-10.5 under
AU-9 push
MSU-8 push
LSU-7.5 over
A&M-7 push
UF-7 over
SC-7 over
MO-6.5 under
KY-6 over (easy money)
OM-6 over
UT-5.5 over
AR-5.5 under
VU-5 under

Yours?

Amazing how uf has not recruited any better per say than we have yet they are picked to have much better season

The past two seasons, we should have never lost to Vandy, SCAR, Mizzou or Flo(last year). Our talent was and still is better (Flo = push on talent).

I think we win the games we should this year which includes Vandy, Mizzou, SCAR. I think KY takes a small step back this season mainly due to loss of dynamic QB. WV, and Flo will be toss-ups. Other OOC games, we go 3-0 rather easily. So that puts us at 7 to 8 wins not withstanding a major upset like Aub, Geo or AL.

Another thing going for us is that we will be a much more Pruitt seasoned team for the back half of the schedule, so we will grow and play better ball and be the better team from SCAR through Vandy portion of schedule.

Also, we only leave the state 4 times and one of those games is a neutral site at Charlotte (fan edge TN 4>1).

I'm sticking with my 7.5 prediction plus a bowl win.

Amazing how uf has not recruited any better per say than we have yet they are picked to have much better season

Softer schedule: @MissSt and LSU home vs @ Aub and AL at home. At trending down FSU vs trending up WV.

4 suspended players back. They probably spent the last 18 months bulking up.

Mullen more experienced as HC than Pruitt. Grantham more experienced DC than Sherrer. With that said, I like our coaching staff much better.

I believe they returned more players too.

The past two seasons, we should have never lost to Vandy, SCAR, Mizzou or Flo(last year). Our talent was and still is better (Flo = push on talent).

I think we win the games we should this year which includes Vandy, Mizzou, SCAR. I think KY takes a small step back this season mainly due to loss of dynamic QB. WV, and Flo will be toss-ups. Other OOC games, we go 3-0 rather easily. So that puts us at 7 to 8 wins not withstanding a major upset like Aub, Geo or AL.

Another thing going for us is that we will be a much more Pruitt seasoned team for the back half of the schedule, so we will grow and play better ball and be the better team from SCAR through Vandy portion of schedule.

Also, we only leave the state 4 times and one of those games is a neutral site at Charlotte (fan edge TN 4>1).

I'm sticking with my 7.5 prediction plus a bowl win.

Wbo we playing in the bowl game?

VN Store

Back