Home Field Advantage

I'm ready for us to be able to put some more present day highlights of us whipping people's asses!! GBO!!

Thanks so much for this post. I showed it to my 2 Grandsons. After watching it the 7 year old said now I totally understand "This is MUCH MORE than just football it is our life." I think he gets it now. Thank you so very much.:rock:

Reactions: 1 person
Must watch. - Vol Network- IMG

It's worth watching just to hear the best to ever call a game, IMO.

Several thoughts...

1. What a great tradition this program has, it’s just phenomenal....it’s what made me love Tennessee football since I was a very young kid

2. Every hair on the back of my neck is standing straight up after watching that video...was in Neyland for several of those highlights.

3. Please, burn all the Smokey gray uniforms today, don’t ever bring em back....ever.

4. When is the last time our team was worth an ish? Jeez, it’s been forever. Please be the right guy Jeremy Pruitt

5. John Ward is the greatest ever...God I miss that guy, Vol football simply isn’t the same without him.

Reactions: 8 people
I would've put the line they ended it with at the beginning, but it was still awesome.

This literally made me cry. I just buried my grandfather. He took me to my first UT game. I went every home game with him for years. Then my brother would go with us, and he and I would alternate if we couldn't get extra tickets.

He loved Tennessee Football. He had been going since Neyland was on the sidelines. I've been going since Battle was on the sidelines.

God almighty, I loved that man, and this video embodied everything both he and I loved about UT football.

Reactions: 11 people
Several thoughts...

1. What a great tradition this program has, it’s just phenomenal....it’s what made me love Tennessee football since I was a very young kid

2. Every hair on the back of my neck is standing straight up after watching that video...was in Neyland for several of those highlights.

3. Please, burn all the Smokey gray uniforms today, don’t ever bring em back....ever.

4. When is the last time our team was worth an ish? Jeez, it’s been forever. Please be the right guy Jeremy Pruitt

5. John Ward is the greatest ever...God I miss that guy, Vol football simply isn’t the same without him.

Yea, I agree with all.

And about the uniforms. I never really cared if we wore the grays or not. After watching that, I agree, hope we never see anything but orange and white. So hope we see orange/orange this season.

#Smokethegray.

Reactions: 4 people
My glasses fogged up. I realized I was at 90% of those games. Also realize my kids, both students at UT now, haven't seen much of these good times.

IT'S TIME TO GET THIS BACK. CJP, we are looking to you. Please deliver.

Reactions: 2 people
Yea, I agree with all.

And about the uniforms. I never really cared if we wore the grays or not. After watching that, I agree, hope we never see anything but orange and white. So hope we see orange/orange this season.

#Smokethegray.

Definitely want to see Orange/orange......and then white/orange, orange/white, white/white.....just no more Smokey gray imo.

Also, I’d like to see us wear orange jerseys when we play Bama in their crimson jerseys...for the sake of tradition.

Reactions: 3 people
I loved the way it ended. I'm not sure the PA guy even says "Pay these prices and pay no more" these days.

What are the origins of that? Well, here is a screen snap of a 1961 program (which, if you are interested can be found at: The Tennessee Football Programs: Digital Collection)

Notice the bottom line!

Will never forget the first time I heard Bobby Denton and thinking....did he just say what I think he did? Haha. It was a great thing though, anticipated and enjoyed him saying it every time I went to Neyland.

Ah, the glory days! We must protect this house,make it a living Hell for all invaders. If that vid doesn't inspire you you don't have a pulse.

Reactions: 1 person
This literally made me cry. I just buried my grandfather. He took me to my first UT game. I went every home game with him for years. Then my brother would go with us, and he and I would alternate if we couldn't get extra tickets.

He loved Tennessee Football. He had been going since Neyland was on the sidelines. I've been going since Battle was on the sidelines.

God almighty, I loved that man, and this video embodied everything both he and I loved about UT football.

Got tears welling up in my eyes right now. That IS Tennessee Football!!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back