Daniel Hood on Pruitt compared to Butch

Titans Fan

Good stuff from Hood.

“It is not like Butch (Jones) telling the media, painting things with a rainbow color brush … The biggest thing about it now, is that it is about football now.”

"I think with Butch, a lot of the things they were doing were coaching basic effort and then trying to fix technique and with this staff you have a standard of effort that you have to provide and they are working on coaching technique all the time."

VFL Daniel Hood: Jeremy Pruitt's UT program 'a no gimmick show'

Reactions: 16 people
Man everything I read about Pruitt fires me the f*** up. We have a ball coach now boys and girls. Bright days ahead.

Reactions: 5 people
“This staff is all about the coaching portion of it. I think with Butch, a lot of the things they were doing were coaching basic effort and then trying to fix technique and with this staff you have a standard of effort that you have to provide and they are working on coaching technique all the time.

astute observation.

Reactions: 1 person
Man everything I read about Pruitt fires me the f*** up. We have a ball coach now boys and girls. Bright days ahead.

While I agree, does not mean a guaranteed fix.

SEC is full of ball coaches, Butch style was the exception in the league, not the norm.

We don't all of a sudden have something no one else has, we finally have what everyone else has had.

Reactions: 19 people

SEC is full of ball coaches, Butch style was the exception in the league, not the norm.

We don't all of a sudden have something no one else has, we finally have what everyone else has had.

good post.

Reactions: 2 people

Liked

And before you go there, I have no problem with Hood and any opinions he wants to share. I've forgiven him, whether it matters to anyone or not.

It is a disgrace that Daniel Hood played football at the University of Tennessee and thats my opinion.

Your last statement remains to be seen

Your last statement remains to be seen

not really. you look around the league at the current head coaches, and their level of success they've had, what their backgrounds our, their basic fundamental philosophy about football (except maybe Malzahn) either as HC's or as assistants/coordinators, and i'd say he's exactly right....we've finally got what all these other programs have had....for a while now.

not really. you look around the league at the current head coaches, and their level of success they've had, what their backgrounds our, their basic fundamental philosophy about football (except maybe Malzahn) either as HC's or as assistants/coordinators, and i'd say he's exactly right....we've finally got what all these other programs have had....for a while now.

Except we don’t have on the field results yet. That was my point.

Good stuff from Hood.

“It is not like Butch (Jones) telling the media, painting things with a rainbow color brush … The biggest thing about it now, is that it is about football now.”

"I think with Butch, a lot of the things they were doing were coaching basic effort and then trying to fix technique and with this staff you have a standard of effort that you have to provide and they are working on coaching technique all the time."

VFL Daniel Hood: Jeremy Pruitt's UT program 'a no gimmick show'

Wait this is saying the same thing two ways....

Hood saying the Jones staff had to coach effort and Pruitt saying he doesn't like the body language tells me the team still has a ways to go to change the culture.

VN Store

Back