Coach Pruitt comment

Tennman47

You have got to like this.

Jeremy Pruitt following Spring Practice No. 10: “When you lineup on the goal line – heck we may not line up with wide receivers. We want to play how we want to play.”

Reactions: 9 people
That was the moment I concluded Butch was really worse than Dools... any least Dools had a good OC...

You can make the case that Butch was actually the worst coach we’ve had in 5 decades. It’s debatable but there’s a case to be made.

That might actually be a good offseason thread - who was worse, Dools or Butch and explain why.

Reactions: 10 people
You can make the case that Butch was actually the worst coach we’ve had in 5 decades. It’s debatable but there’s a case to be made.

That might actually be a good offseason thread - who was worse, Dools or Butch and explain why.

Dooley actually had an offense who could put up points.

His ego eventually took over and lost the team.

Butch was way too stubborn to be coaching in the SEC.

His Big East offense got exposed quickly after Dobb’s departure to the NFL.

Reactions: 4 people

Dooley had a better offensive scheme but the lasting damage of the famous no OL and alienated high school coaches, ouch.

Dooley better game coach but caused more long term damage imo.

Reactions: 8 people
Dooley had a better offensive scheme but the lasting damage of the famous no OL and alienated high school coaches, ouch.

I’ll never forget a ref during a timeout during the Missouri game actually showing Tiny how to properly line up on the offensive line. That’s what we got with Dools

Reactions: 5 people
That was the moment I concluded Butch was really no better than Dools

LOL. Me too. I had some doubts (OU game etc), but still believed. When that ball was lobbed up there with a defender in coverage I came unglued. Gave up right there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

You must have not been at Dooley’s game against Missouri at Neyland in his final season. He wouldn’t use his timeouts worth a darn and couldn’t make in game adjustments for s$$$.

You must have not been at Dooley’s game against Missouri at Neyland in his final season. He wouldn’t use his timeouts worth a darn and couldn’t make in game adjustments for s$$$.

You and Fade are right, I worded it incorrectly the second time. What I said in the first part of my post, he had a better offensive mind... but fell apart when the pressure was on.

Reactions: 2 people

Let's don't & say we did. Time to move on.

Reactions: 4 people

No debate, its Dooley. Not even close. Butch won usb9 games two years in a row after Dooley destroyed our program.

Reactions: 3 people
Are you serious? We don't even know for sure who will be on the offensive line by the time the season starts.

And that could be a good thing if we had a pack of studs fighting it out to be starters....but I think the intent of the poster was to ask who on this roster can line up and make a yard at the goal line against an SEC DL? With Smith and Hall out indefinitely the answer may unfortunately be no one.

Reactions: 1 person
Has he seen our offensive line yet?

Thats actually an interesting point.

Is it lack of talent?
Poor development?
Poor scheme?

The last 2 are fixable with what you have on the roster. It won't be fixed in the spring and probably not by the first of September. JMO, but the last 2 together was a lot bigger issue than the first.

That was the moment I concluded Butch was really no better than Dools

At least Butch won 9 games in a season. Twice. And was a better recruiter. They had a very similar level of in-game coaching ability.

It's easy to be a prisoner of the moment, but Butch was a much better coach than Dooley. That shows you how bad Dooley was, not that Butch was good.

VN Store

Back