The Orange and White game may be worth watching this year

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
....with Pruitt announcing he'll play 1v1 and 2v2.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 6 people
It will be better for everyone. Players, coaches, and fans. It should be more physical and telling of how the projected starters mesh. Iron sharpens iron. Let the best play against the best as much as possible. This year it will be worth watching. That said it is a practice. Take everything with a grain a salt.

Reactions: 4 people
I like it, better than whatever we had the last few years.

I came across this from the Beacon the other day when packing for a move. Sideways photo.

IMG_1427.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Fix attachment.

Attachments

• 22FF3405-440E-48D9-9342-BF03E6F2AF07.jpeg
    22FF3405-440E-48D9-9342-BF03E6F2AF07.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: 3 people
Looking forward to it.

And maybe it'll be an opportunity to show recruits what we're all about before the season gets going.

Anyway... I'm bringing the kids, looking forward to a great day.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm seriously considering it. Haven't been to an Orange White game in 50 years.

Does anyone know if there's a charter bus package departing from Chattanooga for the game?

It would be awesome if we could pack Neyland.

That would really make the recruits sit up and pay attention to who really is the best fanbase in the country.

1st year under Pruitt and staff will be getting lots of attention anyway so a great showing by us fans will seriously add to it.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Never made the trip for the O&W game, but i'm coming this year. Just feels like a pivotal moment for the Vols and I wanna be there!

Reactions: 2 people
watched some of Auburn's spring game, not impressed. i'm glad that we're actually making this 'a game'.

....with Pruitt announcing he'll play 1v1 and 2v2.

Thoughts?

We haven't seen this in years. Practicing best vs best will only make them better.

Are they going live with the QB's too?

I presume that the # 1 defense will be the Orange and the # 1 Offense the White.

I am really looking forward to it.

I like it, better than whatever we had the last few years.

I came across this from the Beacon the other day when packing for a move. Sideways photo.

View attachment 155644

That was really cool. I remember going to it. Guinness was there to make sure the count was "official." I can't remember if the tickets were purchased at Pilot or Weigel's.

This is great. Wish I could be there.

The more I think about CBJ, the more I begin to wonder if he just really didn't like actual football games. The guy was passionate about every trapping of football, but game days, not to great. Maybe he should have declared and named every game a bowl.

It will be better for everyone. Players, coaches, and fans. It should be more physical and telling of how the projected starters mesh. Iron sharpens iron. Let the best play against the best as much as possible. This year it will be worth watching. That said it is a practice. Take everything with a grain a salt.

completely agree

My last O&W game was either 80 or 81 and I Johnny Majors signed a mini football for me. I have no Idea where that is?

Of course he was a star running back for Huntland High where his dad was coach at the time which didn't sit well with top rival Moore County (Lynchburg) where they were from.

Reactions: 1 person
First Orange and White game I have looked forward to in a while. The number one defense vs the number one offense is awesome.

YEEEESSSS!!! :rock::rock:

picture.php

That was really cool. I remember going to it. Guinness was there to make sure the count was "official." I can't remember if the tickets were purchased at Pilot or Weigel's.

That was a good time. GA seating for students at least if I remember correctly.

VN Store

Back