Tuttle Looks Ready

Coach Punk

I’m not actually a coach
Lab Rat
[twitter]980133389411016704[/twitter]

Looks as in shape as I’ve ever seen him. From the field reports, he’s taking to the nose tackle spot like a fish to water. He could have a monster season. And if the other guys on the line live up to their billing, we could be some very happy Vols.

Kongbo, Tuttle, and Phillips, along with newcomers Emerson, JUCO Gooden, and some of the other Freshman...and with the new coaches, gonna be back to what we consider normal: dominant.

Reactions: 11 people
Our defense will be ELITE next year and Shy Tuttle will be a big reason why.

I have a good feeling about Kongbo, Tuttle, Phillips, D. Taylor, Bituli, Kirkland, Buchanan, and Warrior next year.

All 8 should have great seasons.

Reactions: 7 people

I have a good feeling about Kongbo, Tuttle, Phillips, D. Taylor, Bituli, Kirkland, Buchanan, and Warrior next year.

Tuttle
Warrior
Bituli
Sapp

Byrd
Sham

Taylor

Reactions: 2 people

Yeah we all remember you saying we would have a top 10 defense nationally. And the #2 in the SEC. yeah that worked out.

If, and its a big if, we ever field an elite defense again it probably wont be for another 3 years.

Reactions: 9 people
Yeah we all remember you saying we would have a top 10 defense nationally. And the #2 in the SEC. yeah that worked out.

If, and its a big if, we ever field an elite defense again it probably wont be for another 3 years.

You guys are making the mistake that our previous failures were player related. They weren't. We've always had enough talent to be dominant defensively for the last 3 years. We just had a gym teacher for a head football coach.

As long as Jeremy Pruitt is the defensive coach he's been billed up to be, we should see a massive improvement in our defense. In terms of TALENT we are LOADED along the front 7. Our defensive line and linebackers are ELITE. Our only weakness right now is in the secondary. If a couple of DBs can emerge to play alongside Buchanan and Warrior in the secondary, we should have one of the most talented defenses in the country. And if Jeremy Pruitt is a competent defensive mind, he should be able to get our guys to play up to their potential.

I believe the following players on defense have NFL talent:

DE Jonathan Kongbo
DE Kyle Phillips
DT Shy Tuttle
LB Daniel Bituli
LB Darrin Kirkland Jr.
LB Darrell Taylor
CB Baylen Buchanan
S Nigel Warrior

Add to those names the likes Matthew Butler, Greg Emerson, Austin Smith, Quart'e Sapp, and Theo Jackson, who also have NFL potential, and you're looking a very loaded defense.

The talent is here already. Its on the coaches to get them to play up to their abilities.

Reactions: 8 people

There’s nothing ELITE about anything on this team. But posting absurdity seems to be your favorite pastime.

Reactions: 12 people
It's time to Shock The World!!! Well, at least Vandy anyway.

Agree. Vandy has scored 87 points and racked up right at 1,200 yards of total offense the last 2 seasons....if Tuttle and company can somehow, some possible way hold that mighty Vandy offense under 40 points and 500+ yards of offense this year, it’ll be a huge step forward.

Reactions: 5 people
There’s nothing ELITE about anything on this team. But posting absurdity seems to be your favorite pastime.

Just pass on by his bull ish Fade....you know he’s just looking for some attention by posting that absolute absurdity. This is the 4th straight year he’s posted crap like that and there’s surely much more to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Agree. Vandy has scored 87 points and racked up right at 1,200 yards of total offense the last 2 seasons....if Tuttle and company can somehow, some possible way hold that mighty Vandy offense under 40 points and 500+ yards of offense this year, it’ll be a huge step forward.

As bad as the defense has been, the offense has been even worse the last two season against them.

Reactions: 3 people
You guys are making the mistake that our previous failures were player related. They weren't. We've always had enough talent to be dominant defensively for the last 3 years. We just had a gym teacher for a head football coach.

So why, despite that, did you still pick Tennessee to win the national title last year?

Just pass on by his bull ish Fade....you know he’s just looking for some attention by posting that absolute absurdity. This is the 4th straight year he’s posted crap like that and there’s surely much more to come.
That "absurdity" has caused several posts since he made his first statement in this thread. As is the case with many threads like this one that were going nowhere (dull), he has breathed life into the conversation. As his commits usually do. Rave on "N4"!!!

As bad as the defense has been, the offense has been even worse the last two season against them.

We’ve averaged 29 points a game the last two seasons vs Vanderbilt. 29 points should’ve been more than enough points for two fairly comfortable wins vs those two bad Vandy teams. So, it’s in no way true to say that the offfense has been worse than the defense the last 2 years bad Vandy....and it’s not even close.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

That is a disgusting thing to say, but yeah.

If you say crap like this 10 years in a row. And finally it happens. Remember you cant say i told you so just because drugs made you say it every preseason.

That "absurdity" has caused several posts since he made his first statement in this thread. As is the case with many threads like this one that were going nowhere (dull), he has breathed life into the conversation. As his commits usually do. Rave on "N4"!!!

I’m not convinced that Freak isn’t paying D4H to spew his blithering idiocy in an agreed upon number of threads each day or week. But you’re right, his level of dumbassery does bring a multitude of posters out of the woodwork, crawling over each other to dispute his ridiculous, unfounded, illogical and ultimately wrong assertions.

VN Store

Back