Success doesn’t come without sacrifice.

Coach Punk

I’m not actually a coach
Lab Rat
[twitter]983160938080751616[/twitter]

Quart’e Sapp looking more shredded than a head of lettuce. Gets me hyped!

Reactions: 5 people
[twitter]983160938080751616[/twitter]

Quart’e Sapp looking more shredded than a head of lettuce. Gets me hyped!

Looks to be in great shape, his shoulders are serious!

But keep in mind, every team in the SEC has dude after dude who looks just like that. Every team works out, every team thinks they’ve got the magic in their current or new Strength and Conditioning coach, every team has a handful of genetically gifted players. In Bama’s case, that’s most of the team.

I’m guilty of it too. I see some of UF’s players and I’m like “wow, we’re gonna pound some people this year.” Then I see pictures like this of UT players, or UGA players or SC players and I quickly remember, oh, it’s the SEC and every team has dudes.

Reactions: 8 people
If Kirkland comes back healthy this year, I’m not sure Sapp sees the field above Ignont or Bituli, but he’s probably gonna be a key part of the 2019 defense.

Moving forward, I’m really excited to see what he can do with a better defensive staff.

Reactions: 1 person
Can we all agree that Thigpen actually sucked at coaching up the linebackers? Am I wrong saying that? I just think that these guys are just at another level getting these guys ready to play big time football. I think Thig was getting a pass because he was such a good recruiter.

Reactions: 3 people
Can we all agree that Thigpen actually sucked at coaching up the linebackers? Am I wrong saying that? I just think that these guys are just at another level getting these guys ready to play big time football. I think Thig was getting a pass because he was such a good recruiter.

He was overrated as a recruiter as well

Reactions: 4 people

But keep in mind, every team in the SEC has dude after dude who looks just like that. Every team works out, every team thinks they’ve got the magic in their current or new Strength and Conditioning coach, every team has a handful of genetically gifted players. In Bama’s case, that’s most of the team.

I’m guilty of it too. I see some of UF’s players and I’m like “wow, we’re gonna pound some people this year.” Then I see pictures like this of UT players, or UGA players or SC players and I quickly remember, oh, it’s the SEC and every team has dudes.
Maybe so.but at least this year, it appears and sounds as if things have changed in the S&C program this Winter. I was over there Thursday and was very pleased about how things are going over there. They now look and act like they belong on an SEC field.

Everyone is be wowed by our S&C coach and how the players look.. He has been on the job 2 months.. Relax

Everyone is be wowed by our S&C coach and how the players look.. He has been on the job 2 months.. Relax

Did he say anything about our strength and conditioning coach?? Think he was just complementing a young man on working hard and hopefully contributing this year and that was about it. So RELAX

One good sign, whether it's S/C or practice philosophy, or both, is that we've not seen the rash of injuries in spring we've typically seen. Thank goodness Butch is at Bama making $35K as an intern, instead of barking out "butchisms" on microphone over the music.

Did he say anything about our strength and conditioning coach?? Think he was just complementing a young man on working hard and hopefully contributing this year and that was about it. So RELAX

Maybe .. maybe not

he's definitely changed his body....he looks completely different. good to see.

Too soon, lets see what these coaches do with them, then we will know if its coaching or talent..

If Kirkland comes back healthy this year, I’m not sure Sapp sees the field above Ignont or Bituli, but he’s probably gonna be a key part of the 2019 defense.

Moving forward, I’m really excited to see what he can do with a better defensive staff.

Kirkland will have a ton of catching up to do. Sapp was already showing promise under previous staff. He'll play even with a healthy Kirkland. No way you need your MLB plating every snap and taking that abuse.

Every year we get these threads about guys that look better than they ever have, blah blah blah. I mean it seems like an annual tradition now to take note of how good Kongbo looks in pads.

IF our linebackers can stay healthy they will be the strongest group on the defensive side of the ball. Kirkland, Bituli, Ignot, Sapp, and the freshman JJ Peterson. On paper they should be the standout group.

I guess, but then there's always a Codyboobs exception. Of course, he did block a crucial kick with one of his pendulous bosoms.

He was overrated as a recruiter as well

Agreed he was over rated.

But, to be fair, he did coach up AJ (at least later on) Kirkland, Bituli and dare I say Mr Jumper who was a very serviceable walk on.

Maybe. I think, in hindsight, that an unstable S&C program leading to a high injury rate was the greater problem. And since Thig only had two backers on the field 75% of the time? I throw a lot less shade at him than I might at Martinez. I can't hate the base 4-2-5 enough, especially when you go up against SEC running backs and O Lines.

I still think Thig, Gillespie, and perhaps Warren were coaches that served us well. But you can't do all that great when the HC isn't running things the right way.

Every year we get these threads about guys that look better than they ever have, blah blah blah. I mean it seems like an annual tradition now to take note of how good Kongbo looks in pads.

How good they look in pads is D4H's job. As to Kongbo, I am just glad he figured out how to put his pads on.

IF our linebackers can stay healthy they will be the strongest group on the defensive side of the ball. Kirkland, Bituli, Ignot, Sapp, and the freshman JJ Peterson. On paper they should be the standout group.

At least we have still have one coach for every two linebackers we have on the field.

The only thing paper related I care about for them is they have enough once a day. If they get coached up, they should be good where it matters; on grass.

Gotta love football..where critiquing/drooling over a young mans physique is totally normal..

VN Store

Back