This says so much, (off season observation)

Nocleats

"I could've turned my head when the ball was being snapped and not watched the play, and then look back around, and I could've told you what happened without looking at the down and distance, all based off body language," JPruitt..

This x 10! Tis team over the last 6 years or so has been exactly that. From acting like "they just won the Super Bowl" against Vandy to hands on the hips against Fl and SC and even vandy and app state..

Body language and more importantly a consistent poise and swagger.
Hopefully the correct teaching, coaching, and confidence in their coaches and the system will get us there.

Reactions: 7 people
"I could've turned my head when the ball was being snapped and not watched the play, and then look back around, and I could've told you what happened without looking at the down and distance, all based off body language," JPruitt..

This x 10! Tis team over the last 6 years or so has been exactly that. From acting like "they just won the Super Bowl" against Vandy to hands on the hips against Fl and SC and even vandy and app state..

Hopefully the correct teaching, coaching, and confidence in their coaches and the system will get us there.

Hmm.
To be fair...

No team (Bama, Clemson, TOS...)
None of them are going to show great body language if they give up big plays...

I’m reminded of the NFL great Ray Lewis telling his teammates to put “smiles on they faces” because the other team was leading, but not by much. The defense kept doing its job and the Ravens won that game. I see Bituli clapping after reps and I think about how the players need to take ownership of the team. And the players gotta decide to do it themselves.

I know Trey Smith and Guarantano we’re both stepping up after the season, and you need the alpha of alphas to show up. Especially on the defense. I couldn’t tell you who the pack leader is there.

I’m reminded of the NFL great Ray Lewis telling his teammates to put “smiles on they faces” because the other team was leading, but not by much. The defense kept doing its job and the Ravens won that game. I see Bituli clapping after reps and I think about how the players need to take ownership of the team. And the players gotta decide to do it themselves.

I know Trey Smith and Guarantano we’re both stepping up after the season, and you need the alpha of alphas to show up. Especially on the defense. I couldn’t tell you who the pack leader is there.

Warrior

Bituli

Need Tuttle to be the 1st level Alpha...

Watch out for Q Sapp...
He looks to be the most improved player...he's 6'2 225 right now and is still fast.

Reactions: 2 people
Really? I don't remember hands on hips. I always thought that was one of the good traits of Butch's teams - no hands on hips. I'm not saying I'm an authority on hands on hips. I guess I missed it. Or had my head under the pillow.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok I’m back

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person

I agree, it sounds better coming from Pruitt. But, let's be honest, if Butch said we needed better body language, he'd be roasted...guess who and how the message is delivered matters!

Jones sucks.

He was consistently awful to watch on the sidelines and his mentality spilled down to the players.

There is a reason he has never been able to do anything but ride Kelly's coattails and luck into a job here because of poor leadership.

Says it all that he is an intern now. If I ever see Pruitt tuck his arms into his armpits I think I will vomit.

I'm not sure if I'm convicted of what we want to expect from our team on this issue.

I think I would want them to show their emotion as anger. Get mad about it. I'm fine with that. Don't lose focus on the task at hand. Don't let one mistake be the cause of other mistakes.

Nothing wrong with players being mean between the lines. I don't think players should try to injure other physically. Mentally? Yes. TKjr said it best. Take their soul.

How should a player react over a mistake? I've got youngsters getting to the age of competitive sports. I may coach again. It's been a while. Maybe I'll be better this time around.

At least the players continued to sprint at the end of quarters to the other end after being down by 30 LOL

It isn't the body language. It is the mental and emotional state communicated by it.

Odd how many people recognize it now.

I agree, it sounds better coming from Pruitt. But, let's be honest, if Butch said we needed better body language, he'd be roasted...guess who and how the message is delivered matters!

It's the accent.

Jones sucks.

He was consistently awful to watch on the sidelines and his mentality spilled down to the players.

There is a reason he has never been able to do anything but ride Kelly's coattails and luck into a job here because of poor leadership.

Says it all that he is an intern now. If I ever see Pruitt tuck his arms into his armpits I think I will vomit.

Says a lot too that Saban is paying him less than a school teacher. Tells me that Butch called and begged for any job Saban could make for him.

Says a lot too that Saban is paying him less than a school teacher. Tells me that Butch called and begged for any job Saban could make for him.

Nah. He’s just getting the market value for the job he’s doing. Mike Locksley was making the same as Butch his first year at Bama as an offensive assistant, and now he’s making much more as their OC.

Butch is a bad HC and all. I’ve been as big of a critic of him as anybody these past 2-3 years. But he’s taking a job with such a low salary purposely in order to stick it to UT and get as much buyout money as he can (while also having an opportunity to learn from the best in the business) IMO.

At least he knows where to go to learn how to coach at a championship level. Maybe he will learn something while there, sadly on our dime. Meanwhile, we got someone ready to graduate the school of saban, not a first year intern charity case.

VN Store

Back