Will McBride Bridle The Job?

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
I don't know much of anything about the QBs yet to arrive on campus or any who aren't particpating in practices as yet. I like the Guarantano Galloper. I think if he's coached up while not being discouraged from creating plays, we can have a very remarkable QB. Perhaps a Dobbs-Ainge hybrid. I sort of want to see that happen and think it can. Depends on the coaches. To this day I believe if the pro coaches hadn't tampered with Tebow's throwing motion, he'd have been a championship QB. Now, I know that puts both a bad taste in some folks mouth while also making some guffaw like braying mules. But the guy won and went downhill when he tried modifying his throwing as coaches demanded. That's why I said if Guarantano is coached up without discouraging his playmaking ability he'll be special. I got the feeling both he and Dormady were discouraged from running by their former coach. We saw the sad sack result of that.

Anyway, I'm going to stick my neck out 8 miles and 3 yards. Don't be surprised, juco transfers or not if ole Will McBride sneaks in as either starter or co-starter. If that OL can be made halfway decent half of the time, I think the Will to win may pleasantly shock a doubting fanbase. We will endure some "huh, who dat?" games. Now, I admit I don't know anymore and very likely a lot less than the majority of you. I just got a sneaky feeling this guy, quiet as he seems, has a chip on his shoulder. And that it's lit with a smoldering ember fanned by more pride than he lets on. Thing's gonna flare up if the Galloper and the supporting cast of QBs don't quite please the Helton-Pruitt gang. They put the Will in, he might not be coming out again for a good while. The Bridle will take control.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
Tim Tebow's release was always terrible and he was never fit to play quarterback long term in the NFL. I don't care that he won one playoff game either.

Reactions: 6 people
I think Mcbride is a baller for sure. He played decent (as a true freshman 2 months into what was supposed to be a redshirt year. Remember JG got one of those years to learn from Dobbs and Debord.

With all that being said, Chryst gets the job. Pruitt recruited him to run his pro style offense.

Mcbride will transfer and blow up at a smaller school, like Riley Furgeson is my prediction.

Reactions: 5 people
Why is the backup QB always the most popular?

A preacher was preaching on "Perfection" one Sunday. He quoted the passage that said "there is none perfect, no not one..." and to emphasis his point with a raised voice he shouts, "If you know anyone who is perfect let them rise and speak."

After a moment a frail slender man stood up and said, "Preacher I am not perfect but I do know someone who is. According to my wife her ex-husband is."

It seems the ex boyfriend, girlfriend, boss or back-up quarterback are always the one desired.

Reactions: 3 people
Tim Tebow's release was always terrible and he was never fit to play quarterback long term in the NFL. I don't care that he won one playoff game either.

And if you read my post without the Tebow hate, you'd know that wasn't even the point of the post. Rather, an example of why I hope OUR QBs natural playmaking ability wasn't coached out of them.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think McBride gets the respect he deserves. I recall last summer that the coaches and media were complimentary of him and I even predicted correctly that he would be the first offensive player to lose his black stripe (back when that was a thing). When he did get a chance to play in some games, I was really impressed with his poise.

I would not be surprised if he won the starting job, assuming Pruitt is serious when he says it's anyone's job for the taking.

Reactions: 8 people
Why do we honestly even try to judge our QBs on the last 2/3 of last season. When the defenders show up in your face before the ball reaches you on a shotgun snap, then it matters not. I'm only half joking.

If CJP and company can't fix that atrocious OL(somewhat), then they need to put Callaway or Jennings back there in the Wild Smokey and just roll with it.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know much of anything about the QBs yet to arrive on campus or any who aren't particpating in practices as yet. I like the Guarantano Galloper. I think if he's coached up while not being discouraged from creating plays, we can have a very remarkable QB. Perhaps a Dobbs-Ainge hybrid. I sort of want to see that happen and think it can. Depends on the coaches. To this day I believe if the pro coaches hadn't tampered with Tebow's throwing motion, he'd have been a championship QB. Now, I know that puts both a bad taste in some folks mouth while also making some guffaw like braying mules. But the guy won and went downhill when he tried modifying his throwing as coaches demanded. That's why I said if Guarantano is coached up without discouraging his playmaking ability he'll be special. I got the feeling both he and Dormady were discouraged from running by their former coach. We saw the sad sack result of that.

Anyway, I'm going to stick my neck out 8 miles and 3 yards. Don't be surprised, juco transfers or not if ole Will McBride sneaks in as either starter or co-starter. If that OL can be made halfway decent half of the time, I think the Will to win may pleasantly shock a doubting fanbase. We will endure some "huh, who dat?" games. Now, I admit I don't know anymore and very likely a lot less than the majority of you. I just got a sneaky feeling this guy, quiet as he seems, has a chip on his shoulder. And that it's lit with a smoldering ember fanned by more pride than he lets on. Thing's gonna flare up if the Galloper and the supporting cast of QBs don't quite please the Helton-Pruitt gang. They put the Will in, he might not be coming out again for a good while. The Bridle will take control.
The Dobb Goblin guy is back...:banghead2:

Reactions: 1 person
Why is the backup QB always the most popular?

Especially one that completes 42% of his passes and clearly can’t play anywhere near the high SEC level that we would need him to. If McBride ever plays here, we’re completely screwed.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back