2018 ESPN PFI is out: expected wins

Can't wait till the season starts and we make the FPI look stupid once again.

This team is winning 9-10 games next year. No doubt in my mind.

Reactions: 6 people

Come on man. When have we proven them to be wrong by being better in football than predicted? Not any time in the last decade if I had to guess. Expecting 10 wins in year 1... only you. Only you.

no doubt. the 8 nobodys speak for themselves and after looking at Auburn and all they are losing that game is going to be close. i wont call it a lock like the other 8 but 9-10 is very doable.

Reactions: 1 person
Easy to find them favorites in 8 games, easy schedule.

View attachment 155471

I think they will be underdogs vs LSU, GA, TN, Fla St and Miss St. They should be underdogs vs S.Car too but it's at the Swamp. I can see TN being 1-3 pt faves at home vs Fla. I could be way off on that, just will depend on how each played their first 3 games and injuries. We will benefit from playing a ranked ( most likely )W.Va. Although I'm not near as high on them as many seem to be. They play zero defense and padded their offensive numbers vs some really bad teams and horrible Defense's. They struggled and lost to teams who play some defense.

Jeremy will lose less than 10 home games over the next decade. Neyland will be feared. people will know from every corner of the earth.

I will be encouraged if this staff wins 6 games this year. 5 to 6 wins is where i'm at. At least 5, hoping for 6 and a bowl bid.

Last edited:
7 wins isnÂ’t unrealistic. Goal should be a winning record in year one (incl bowl) would be a good start

Reactions: 3 people
7 wins isnÂ’t unrealistic. Goal should be a winning record in year one (incl bowl) would be a good start

Year one really is change the culture, change the attitude, and set the field for a run year two. Talent is still on the roster.

Come on man. When have we proven them to be wrong by being better in football than predicted? Not any time in the last decade if I had to guess. Expecting 10 wins in year 1... only you. Only you.

My mindset on this is simple. We have talent on this team. According to the 247sports 4-year composite rankings, we have the 11th most talented roster in college football. We now have a coach that isn't a moron. And with a good strength and conditioning coach, we will no longer be besieged with injuries. Thus, we should finally play up to the talent of our players.

And based on our talent profile, we are a 9-10 win team with the game against Auburn being the swing game. Only Alabama and Georgia have talent profiles CLEARLY better than us.

VN Store

Back