No music played on rocky top during practices

so insensitive..don't these kids have rights? where is Jesse when we need him?

Most of 'em have headset devices to use when it is appropriate. Piping it in adds no value to practice.

GO BIG ORANGE

There are a few things:

The music during practices may have had something to do with wrong angles by the defensive backs all season long. They had tunes, hummed or otherwise, competing with visual cues.

The film of receivers showed the coach yelling “go!” With the expectation that the reciever would only go when they saw his foot move to simulate the motion of the ball during a snap. What I learned is that our receivers will never false start, ever. Because they are not listening to the snap count.

Also, for the quarterback, all the timing routes are triggered off the tactile sensation of receiving the snap. As long as the center snaps at the same speed each play, timing routes will work well.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for the article Orange defense.

WATCH: Jeremy Pruitt has the perfect response when explaining why Vols no longer play music during practice

Oh man, this is music to my ears --

“I don’t think they play music during football games. I’ve never heard it, maybe they do. I like to coach, and I like for the people to be able to hear me when I do coach,” Pruitt said.

---

22. Use your head. 75 percent of football is above the neck.

On the practice field, a Coach fills their minds with coaching (not music).

I bet at the end of a Butch practice they went through the soul train dance line with Butch leading the way.

This reminds me: what kind of vehicle does Coach Pruitt drive (regularly); and what type vehicle was he driving on the recent recruiting trail?

This reminds me: what kind of vehicle does Coach Pruitt drive (regularly); and what type vehicle was he driving on the recent recruiting trail?

I have no idea but I'll play along.
a 2005 F150

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Nope.

He’ll be as despised as Dooley and Butch if he doesn’t win. And the hatred for Fulmer will be even greater for bringing him in.

And if he does win/win big is he a VFL :)

I bet at the end of a Butch practice they went through the soul train dance line with Butch leading the way.

giphy.gif

Stupid to ask the question and stupid statement IMO ... yes they do play music at football games and other sporting events. Maybe he plans to ban the marching bands from Neyland. The crowd also gets very very loud at football games. I'm assuming he is going to ask for perfect silence during the games so the players can hear him yell out instructions from the sideline.

I understand the intent of what he is saying, but you can bet at some point he will pipe in sound / noise at practice to prepare the team for communication on the playing field. If not, be prepared for many miscues around the snap when it is really really loud.

Regardless if he is not successful it will not matter what he does - it will be all wrong.

And if he does win/win big is he a VFL :)

He is a coach. He will be all for the team as long as he is here. But let's be honest he will not be here long term.

If he is not successful - we'll fire him. If he is successful - he will be a prime candidate for when Saban retires at Bama.

VN Store

Back