Pruitt wants UT to be 'most accessible program' to high school coaches

Spot on and makes a lot of sense.......I'm starting to get a little optimistic, which is saying a lot since I have a serious case of "battered Vol syndrome."

Reactions: 5 people
Better relationships with high school coaches can only be a positive. Especially with how loaded the state is becoming on a yearly basis.

Reactions: 2 people
This has Fulmer written all over it. He was one of the most accepted coaches by high school teams at one point in time. And it paid dividends for him.

Spot on and makes a lot of sense.......I'm starting to get a little optimistic, which is saying a lot since I have a serious case of "battered Vol syndrome."

I must still be married to Ike because all I see is a fluff piece that should be obvious to everyone (not named Derek Dooley)....

I thought there was a time when Butch was doing this. It was around the time he was making a deal about inviting VFL's to come back. Anyway, it only makes sense to build that pipeline, develop familiarity and trust with the HS coaches. They could be the first identifier of a talent that recruiters may not have seen. Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
Oh Bull ****. :no: High School Coaches need to understand their place in the pecking order. They should count it a privilege to come around here. ...

dooley-bio-5.jpg

I have a friend tht is a GA for ASU... And knows and has been around Pruitt, Saban, dan Lenning, and Smart along with everyone that runs in their circle. He has said nothing but great things about Pruitt. He was just up there last week watching practice and going over defense install. Pruitt is a great guy and I can't wait to get up there next week and see for myself. This is great news.... And has already been put into effect about three weeks after he got here...

Reactions: 3 people
This has Fulmer written all over it. He was one of the most accepted coaches by high school teams at one point in time. And it paid dividends for him.

Yep. He definitely has that natural people skill of making others feel they are valued.

Serious question here. When a wholesale coaching change takes place. How does the new staff go about building those relationships back? Kiffin replaced everybody. Dooley and Butch kept some. Butch was here 5 years and seemed to improve those relationships. But CJP has cleaned house 100%. CRG was around for a little longer. But, who has the e-mails, phone #s, team/coaches lists etc? Does that kind of thing stay in house with the Football Operations staff and get passed on to the next staff?

That's a large territory of contacts. Seems like a real important thing to keep that line of communication open immediately when the new staff lands.

Serious question here. When a wholesale coaching change takes place. How does the new staff go about building those relationships back? Kiffin replaced everybody. Dooley and Butch kept some. Butch was here 5 years and seemed to improve those relationships. But CJP has cleaned house 100%. CRG was around for a little longer. But, who has the e-mails, phone #s, team/coaches lists etc? Does that kind of thing stay in house with the Football Operations staff and get passed on to the next staff?

They bring their own relationships and contacts. Most of Pruitt's staff, including Pruitt himself, have a ton of experience recruiting in the SEC.

Every coach says this. Let's hope Pruitt keeps his promises. Coaches at Liberty told me a few years ago they couldn't get TN coaches to campus. This was when Ole Miss was there and offered several players. And the Liberty coaches were/are TN fans. Damn shame TN and Jones let that happen to an instate high school that regularly produces good talent.

Last edited:
The best thing you can do is make sure everyone set an appointment and you run off former players

Most all of us have BVS Atlanta. But I, like you, am optimistic....cautiously optimistic, with an emphasis on cautiously.

Reactions: 3 people
Add to it, Guidance Counselors....Bring in the Academic side of it, as well....One thing you can say about Jones....he did raise the APR, but it the emphasis faded in the last couple of years....

Face every kid is not going to make to the real world of the NFL, best have a back up plan. The burden of pulling semester hours and football can be gruesome....Attend an Academy it is the equivalent of pulling a 30 hour Semester. You don't have anytime to think.

I can't image what kids are experiencing in today's times.....only way I was able to do so was zero cell phones and patient parents.

You may be missing the point. Many things are obvious, but that doesn't mean they're getting done.

I was a volunteer assistant HS coach for several years. Colleges offering coaching clinics were commonplace at every level (from JUCO to D3 to non-Power 5 schools to SEC schools). I'm not going to feel more or less optimistic about a hire for following standard operating procedure in place at every level of college football.

Last edited:
Add to it, Guidance Counselors....Bring in the Academic side of it, as well....One thing you can say about Jones....he did raise the APR, but it the emphasis faded in the last couple of years....

Face every kid is not going to make to the real world of the NFL, best have a back up plan. The burden of pulling semester hours and football can be gruesome....Attend an Academy it is the equivalent of pulling a 30 hour Semester. You don't have anytime to think.

I can't image what kids are experiencing in today's times.....only way I was able to do so was zero cell phones and patient parents.
You know how he did that? He payed the kids to go to class....

VN Store

Back