Currie texted Wolken "Our people are wacko" and Why Not?

So out of touch.

He thought he could get it to go thru

He didn't know he was going to get fired for it.

What a turn of events.

Until now I thought he called us wackos before we found out about who he was going to hire.

Reactions: 1 person
"Neither chancellor Jimmy Cheek nor his wife ever made a UT donor cry, as far as I know. There are no Persian rugs or gas grills to remember him by. And he lasted more years than Gilley, Shumaker and Petersen combined."

Who can forget Cheeks "Booger Gate" scandal?

Takes a special kinda of arrogance to name call your customers like Currie did. Nothing like holding the people who ultimately pay your salary in contempt....guess he actually didn’t grow up/mature from his first stint in Knoxville nearly a decade earlier.

He had Haslam’s backing and I think he thought he was untouchable....which is also why he felt he could tell Charlie Anderson, the Athletics Chairman, Board of Trustees member and mega donor to pretty much go pound sand when he requested a simple update on how the coaching search was progressing.

The whole thing was an embarrassing mess, but it was well worth it imo since he’s gone and Coach Fulmer is running the AD....like he should’ve been doing from the beginning.

Reactions: 9 people
I think Wolken is the one that called the University of Memphis administration a complete failure for firing Tubby Smith and hiring Penny. This guy is nuts

Vol Fans certainly can be whackos. One of the most rabid fan bases in the country.
You gotta admit fans imposing their will on University administrators during a coaching search is a bit wild. I'm glad we did it, but just saying...

Reactions: 4 people
I think Wolken is the one that called the University of Memphis administration a complete failure for firing Tubby Smith and hiring Penny. This guy is nuts

Wolken called the Memphis administration a failure because his only source within the athletic department (Bowen) is a figurehead AD (the President calls all the shots). Had the Memphis President used Wolken to start the anti-Tubby propaganda instead of Gary Parrish, he would have sung a different tune.

Wolken hates everything UT related. He was so eager to see Schiano hired since he knew it would blow up in UT's face....

An AD that is hand selected by a family under FBI investigation/family that owns the 1-31 Cleveland Browns is shocked the fanbase is upset when he leaks to a UT hater a toxic hire with a career losing record that has some Sandusky stink tied to his name.....

And the fans are whacko?

Reactions: 17 people
An AD that is hand selected by a family under FBI investigation/family that owns the 1-31 Cleveland Browns is shocked the fanbase is upset when he leaks to a UT hater a toxic hire with a career losing record that has some Sandusky stink tied to his name.....

And the fans are whacko?

Great way to put it.

The best thing to come out of this whole fiasco is all of this crap to become public. Wolken gets a little egg on his face. Currie is exposed for the incompetent d-bag that the Kansas State people knew he was. And the good guy boosters can get some cred for actually looking out for the best interest of the program.

Reactions: 2 people
With all due respect, Greg Schiano has FAR MORE credibility as a coach outside of this state than Jeremy Pruitt. Our behavior just added to our status as a laughing stock. Now, all that being said, I like the Pruitt hire ok for right now. Going to reserve judgement though until he actually coaches for a few games

Reactions: 3 people
With all due respect, Greg Schiano has FAR MORE credibility as a coach outside of this state than Jeremy Pruitt. Our behavior just added to our status as a laughing stock. Now, all that being said, I like the Pruitt hire ok for right now. Going to reserve judgement though until he actually coaches for a few games

That explains all the colleges lining up to hire Schiano....

Reactions: 21 people

Pruitt backed out of Miss St cause he thought he had a “chance” at Tennessee. No one, except Haslam and Currie has tried to hire Schiano as a head coach.

Reactions: 6 people
With all due respect, Greg Schiano has FAR MORE credibility as a coach outside of this state than Jeremy Pruitt. Our behavior just added to our status as a laughing stock.

And a known ceiling that evidently is not high enough to overcome his scandalous associations. Pruitt at least represents potential for greatness.

Most of the other boys don't agree with you. If he had been involved in covering up girls the media would have him swinging from a tree. I am not a pedophile so he has ZERO credibility as far as I'm concerned.

VN Store

Back