Question about Currie texts and emails

Were the supposed insiders completely fake?

• Total voters

Reformed Reader

Do you think that the release of the Currie emails and text discredit the supposed Volnation insiders (eg., ATL, Beaver, John Reed)?

Supposed insiders reported that Currie was meeting with Gruden. There were insiders saying that Haslam sent his plane to meet him, and etc. Based on the texts and emails released that none of this happened. It seems that the entire Gruden storyline was a complete hoax.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I think you have me mixed up with someone else RR, or you are back to your trolling self again. Like the time you reported that you had "a friend" who coaches for a high school that Gruden had just visited he had all these pro Vol things he supposedly said. Then someone outed you when an article stated that Gruden had yet to visit that high school but was scheduled to. Nice try buddy. :eek:k:

Reactions: 5 people
Yes, I think you can pretty much call BS on the Grumors!!!

Of Course, this whole debacle was the result of putting a Bunch of Sports Hating (except for Polo) Wine and Brie Cheese, Academics in charge of a D1 SEC Football Coaching Search!! :blink::blink:

Reactions: 1 person
Didn't follow those threads, but anybody who actually thought Gruden was coming should message me. I have a few investment opportunities they might be interested in.

You have to admit though, if it was trolling, it was some pretty detailed and specific trolling that didn't sound entirely ridiculous. Particularly from ATL.

Reactions: 2 people
Beaver was 100% a troll and I got attacked every time I said it. I personally think Atlanta is a troll too but his sheep will defend him till their death.

Beaver was 100% a troll and I got attacked every time I said it. I personally think Atlanta is a troll too but his sheep will defend him till their death.

ATL struck me as a guy who might actually have been in touch with some boosters who were attempting to gin up support for going after Gruden, but made all the details up with a very vivid imagination. He was very good at making what he was saying seem reasonable.

A lot of **** was slung from so called “insiders”.

Trust me, the real people making decisions and involved ARENT here.

I never bought into the Gruden rumors. I did buy into what Currie said, to not believe anyone unless it came from him.

Also I knew Kiffin would never be offered the job again. Not that anyone ever had to tell me that. Just common sense. Don't believe me then check my stats.

LMAO!

You can't discredit absolute fiction. It never was credited.

Our fanbase thoroughly embarrassed themselves during this coaching search. From start to finish...

And the locals that still troll Butch daily on social media, are continuing the embarrassment.

Do you think that the release of the Currie emails and text discredit the supposed Volnation insiders (eg., ATL, Beaver, John Reed, C.W. McVol)?

Supposed insiders reported that Currie was meeting with Gruden. There were insiders saying that Haslam sent his plane to meet him, and etc. Based on the texts and emails released that none of this happened. It seems that the entire Gruden storyline was a complete hoax.

Who woulda thunk it? At least we still have the mighty works of Rodriquez Wilks and Paul Bain to hang our collective VFL hats on!

I think you have all the information you'll need about your supposed insiders. Outside of Skeeter and Fingers, we had the "Check My Stats" guy. Those three actually were / are accurate.

You have to admit though, if it was trolling, it was some pretty detailed and specific trolling that didn't sound entirely ridiculous. Particularly from ATL.

Neither did it the first time we were 100% utterly trolled. Remember the "Hart blew the Gruden hire at the 11th hour" charade that got canonized through the entire tenure of Jones? That was the raw materials used to prime the the pump on the 2nd hoax.

Honestly, this was an excellent social experiment that some grad Student should do research on and draw conclusions from. I'm proud to say I went to the Gruden threads and tossed in a few "Soon" reasonings of my own. Utterly fascinating.

Now we've got a handful of dunces around here who still blame Currie and Gruden for causing this. You can't make this stuff up!

I still can't believe so many people actually fell for that s*** again.

They didn't. Just a hand full of village idiots who post as multiple people did.

Kinda like so many wanting Kiffin. A few morons with multiple accounts voting heavily from Mom's basement.

Do you think that the release of the Currie emails and text discredit the supposed Volnation insiders (eg., ATL, Beaver, John Reed, C.W. McVol)?

Gruden was never going to coach here. Several people tried to say that and were completely blasted. But on volnation there a couple of things you can count on....endless champs of the off season threads and Grumors.

Ainge from day 1 said there was zero truth to the Gruden rumors and got ripped for it. In fact, looking back he was right on the money about the whole process and the firing timeline for Butch.

Then you had other former players like Haynesworth pushing the narrative that Gruden was in play and that he had seen proof. So was someone trolling Haynesworth?

Maybe Gruden's agent was putting out fake info to get Gruden's name out there. It certainly got him a lot of hype and resulted in big money for a guy that hadn't coached in a long, long time.

VN Store

Back