Sounds Good

fatvol

Was just watching the "1st Day in Pads" video on 247. I've just gotta say that it was great to NOT hear Jones' Sgt. Carter like voice on that stupid megaphone!!! Thanks for listening :)

Reactions: 5 people
I did find it funny tho when he would say "Mich Abernathy, c'mon, you're loafin' ".

This and the Butchisms and the trash can and the charts and the rappers and the Jersey colors and the megaphones etc, are all secondary stuff. If Jones weren't in over his head and had won the East two or three times, and had us in the playoff once, we would be A-OK w/ every bit of that stuff.

Reactions: 8 people
I did find it funny tho when he would say "Mich Abernathy, c'mon, you're loafin' ".

This and the Butchisms and the trash can and the charts and the rappers and the Jersey colors and the megaphones etc, are all secondary stuff. If Jones weren't in over his head and had won the East two or three times, and had us in the playoff once, we would be A-OK w/ every bit of that stuff.

Pretty much.

It's just like if Pruitt loses for the next 3 seasons, people will decide they hate his weird Southern-isms. Charlie Weis at Notre Dame is the classic example. People gushed on how he was the perfect cultural fit for ND when he was winning. When he started losing, he was a fat slob who coasted on Belichick's coattails.

Some of the Butch-isms were pretty stupid ("champions of life", "5-star hearts"), but I don't think anyone would've cared if he had won an SEC title last season instead of going 4-8.

Reactions: 8 people
Pretty much.

It's just like if Pruitt loses for the next 3 seasons, people will decide they hate his weird Southern-isms. Charlie Weis at Notre Dame is the classic example. People gushed on how he was the perfect cultural fit for ND when he was winning. When he started losing, he was a fat slob who coasted on Belichick's coattails.

Some of the Butch-isms were pretty stupid ("champions of life", "5-star hearts"), but I don't think anyone would've cared if he had won an SEC title last season instead of going 4-8.

Well yeah

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty much.

The fact is he did win anything

Pretty much.

Yep. Some of it reaked of desperation. I'll swear if he had spent as much energy in xs and is and real leadership as he did marketing, he would have had a statue down there by the General.

Yeah, there are many holding their applause on CJP. But as can be expected there are plenty who have jumped on the bandwagon with both feet already. As soon as the guy blows a big game or two, then the "Bama Jeremy" label will come out.

I think the key around here is that you better win. LOL.

It feels great to have a real and genuine coach, not someone who spews cliche's and gimmicks to distract from the dumpster fire that is the end of Butch Jones' tenure.

Pretty much.

Of course. If Miami went 4-8 with a bunch of turnovers last year, what do people think of the Turnover Chain? Sure, it's a better idea than a garbage can, but it gets made fun of if they are losing.

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty much.

Hopefully we can replace that with "5-Star Hits" (non-targeting mind you!)

But he didn’t, not remotely...so we aren’t.

Of course. If Miami went 4-8 with a bunch of turnovers last year, what do people think of the Turnover Chain? Sure, it's a better idea than a garbage can, but it gets made fun of if they are losing.

Not to mention that monstrosity that Georgia came up with. Those spike pads were easily one of the dumbest gimmicks I've ever seen. Georgia went to the national title game, so no one complained, but imagine how irate the Bulldog fans would've been if they had gone 5-7 and they brought out the stupid spike pads after a turnover.

That shrill screaming Jones voice is something I enjoy not hearing. I also enjoy not hearing how tough we are how much better we've got and all the other bs he fed the fans. I like the Pruitt approach strictly business about getting as good as we can get with what we have and the time we have.
The bonus seems to be no more crappy Orange White games and circus shows. We can now hopefully see something that actually resembles a game.

VN Store

Back