Coach Pruitt Updates Kirkland Status

Hopefully for good this time. Seems like every time we get a star lb, he gets hurt

Reactions: 8 people
Kirkland has been injury prone. Vols will do good to get 4 games out of him this year.

Glass half full.... Minor procedure allows full participation in conditioning going forward. Hedging against further injuries.

Reactions: 2 people
The fact that they had to go back in and do another procedure after his meniscal repair is somewhat concerning to me. The doctors normally don’t go back in for a “clean up” procedure after that unless there is lingering persistent pain or swelling. Then they go back in to try and figure out what’s causing it. Hopefully they did, because he’s a difference maker on the field when healthy.
I wish him a speedy recovery and hope the best for him and his health.

Reactions: 3 people
The fact that they had to go back in and do another procedure after his meniscal repair is somewhat concerning to me. The doctors normally don’t go back in for a “clean up” procedure after that unless there is lingering persistent pain or swelling. Then they go back in to try and figure out what’s causing it. Hopefully they did, because he’s a difference maker on the field when healthy.

I understand what you’re saying but what makes me confident is that Pruit isn’t a liar like Butch is...if he says it’s just a cleanup I believe it...by the end of his tenure here Butch could have said water was wet and I wouldn’t have believed him

I understand what you’re saying but what makes me confident is that Pruit isn’t a liar like Butch is...if he says it’s just a cleanup I believe it...by the end of his tenure here Butch could have said water was wet and I wouldn’t have believed him

I didn’t mean to come across as doubting the type of procedure Pruitt says he is having or anything.
Im just saying that with Kirkland’s injury past, and the fact they are having to do another procedure on the same knee that they normally don’t do and knowing he had to still be having issues for them to do a second surgery, I hope this one fixes what was still causing his symptoms. It should, but you never know...

Hopefully for good this time. Seems like every time we get a star lb, he gets hurt

Not a star lb. A star lb is consistent and dependable, which Kirkland is not. We have not had one of those in years. Maggitt was closest thing to one.

Reactions: 1 person
Do we know its the same knee? I haven't heard which one yet.

Is it possible that because of the bad coaching and bad schemes we ran, that our best players got hurt trying to cover to much or playing to much. We didn't seem to develop depth until it was forced by injury. Maybe now the coaching will lead to better play from all involved and not lean so hard on a few players.

Reactions: 1 person
A clean up surgery is not a big deal lol. Having 2 ACL reconstructions, a LCL repair, posterolateral corner reconstruction, and meniscus repair, a clean up surgery is like getting a scrape lol.

Scar tissue builds up and it’s good to go in and clean it out, it’ll feel a lot better. Yes scar tissue will still form, but not as much as right after a traumatizing injury.

Not a star lb. A star lb is consistent and dependable, which Kirkland is not. We have not had one of those in years. Maggitt was closest thing to one.

AJ Johnson, I feel, was more of a “star” at LB than Maggitt. I liked Maggitt a whole lot though.

Is it just me or does it seem there are more injuries to the knees since they don't use knee pads now like they used to? Just wondering?

VN Store

Back