Text messages show just how delusional

wmcovol

Many within the administration and coaching staffs (majors, Cronan, Hoke, etc) at Tennessee are. Currie was an “airplane in free fall” regarding the coaching search. It was clear he didn’t have a plan(Haslam had a plan) and had to be replaced. He couldn’t attract a top candidate because of his past relationship issues with Bill Snyder.

In private business, he would have been fired while in California. No contract buyout of $2.5 mil. The damage he (and these other misguided fools) did to Tennessee’s brand is still being felt today.

Reactions: 13 people
Many within the administration and coaching staffs (majors, Cronan, Hoke, etc) at Tennessee are. Currie was an “airplane in free fall” regarding the coaching search. It was clear he didn’t have a plan(Haslam had a plan) and had to be replaced. He couldn’t attract a top candidate because of his past relationship issues with Bill Snyder.

In private business, he would have been fired while in California. No contract buyout of $2.5 mil. The damage he (and these other misguided fools) did to Tennessee’s brand is still being felt today.
Not sure about that ..words inside of contract law are very very powerful

Reactions: 5 people
... The damage he (and these other misguided fools) did to Tennessee’s brand is still being felt today.

The demise began with "Summer's Eve" Hamilton and was aided by Hart. Currie was the culmination of the reign of outside fools. Currie gets 100% of the recent blame but is only a pawn in the overall game led by the H family.

Reactions: 14 people
Really showed how utterly clueless they all were about the condition of, and climate surrounding the football program. It's like they don't live in the real world.

Reactions: 8 people
The demise began with "Summer's Eve" Hamilton and was aided by Hart. Currie was the culmination of the reign of outside fools. Currie gets 100% of the recent blame but is only a pawn in the overall game led by the H family.

Agree on when it began but it crashed with the complete debacle of Curries “Let’s make a Deal” tour. He should have never been hired and was not prepared to replace CBJ in case season went south WHICH IS JOB 1 as an AD. These bureaucrats around the Dept are clueless but well paid. Like Wash DC, then don’t want their gravy train disrupted.

Reactions: 9 people
Everyone knew it was a mess up there. No one could of expected or imagined this kind of mess though. Most elementary schools are ran better than our athletics program it looks like.

Reactions: 2 people
Really showed how utterly clueless they all were about the condition of, and climate surrounding the football program. It's like they don't live in the real world.

Culture, good or bad isn't accidental. When it is toxic it's hard to turn without cleaning house and making sure you've got the right folks and patience in place to move forward. I think we are making progress. I like how Pruitt and co are just keeping their head down working.

Reactions: 3 people
What these messages don’t reveal - at least that I’ve seen - is how we were lead down the path of getting Schiano in the first place. It’s mostly just the frantic aftermath. The only thing I saw was about one of the trustees who said that they had a call with Gene Smith. But I’d like to know the lead up even to that.

Reactions: 5 people

Not enough attention was given to the Snyder angle. I read that very early in the process Bill was telling anyone and everyone not to work for Currie.

Reactions: 6 people
Not enough attention was given to the Snyder angle. I read that very early in the process Bill was telling anyone and everyone not to work for Currie.

He also had an ugly with the women’s basketball, see Leticia Romero, that outraged even their fan base. Just curious, I went to some of their fan sites when we hired him. Pretty much celebrating his being gone. We have made many bad hires - Presidents, Chancellors, ADs, coaches for years now. Where does the buck stop? I would say BOT. Some of you say the BOT is run by one person/family. Think all of this has any impact on the current attempt to restructure of the BOT?

Reactions: 3 people
Culture, good or bad isn't accidental. When it is toxic it's hard to turn without cleaning house and making sure you've got the right folks and patience in place to move forward. I think we are making progress. I like how Pruitt and co are just keeping their head down working.

Agreed. Question is, can he and Fulmer, 2 huge changes in the right direction, be enough to turn this incredibly dysfunctional and toxic situation around. Still a ton of the idiots around/in place that made Vol athletics into the cesspool that it is. Barnes has done phenomenally well to overcome.....with Fulmer’s help, can Pruitt??

If true, Currie was reaping at Tennessee what he sowed at KState. We know Currie has maturity issues during his first stint at UT on Hamilton’s staff....he was evidently a petulant prick. He goes off to KState and evidently took that same attitude with him...and we saw it ultimately manifest itself again during his second go-round at Tennessee. He may be a smart, bright business guy, but he ain’t got the necessary people skills to be a top notch D1 AD....and hopefully he’ll never get another opportunity.

Reactions: 1 person

To be fair - it is hard to not have a delusional AD when you have a delusional fan base

- One that spreads rumors as truth - just to try to get someone fired
- One that truly believed Gruden was an option
- One that convicted a potential head coach and slandered him in public and on display on the rock just because of association
- One that pitted two men (Blackburn and Fulmer) against each other in the AD search
- One that hounded the new chancellor day in and day out when she was first hired

I could go on and on.

I feel some in the fan base like to put the blame on the AD because it takes the focus off the craziness in this fan base.

Trust me - if Pruitt starts making mistakes - this fan base will tear him apart just as quick as they did the last one. And they will also tear apart Fulmer for hiring him and Davenport for hiring Fulmer. It is probably just a matter of time before that starts.

Reactions: 13 people
Agreed. Question is, can he and Fulmer, 2 huge changes in the right direction,

We haven't played one football game yet. No one has any idea if these changes are in the right or wrong direction.

If we lose badly in the first game - you still going to wear those rose colored glasses?

Not sure about that ..words inside of contract law are very very powerful

Yes. I would say that the poster has always been an at-will employee, which means he or she can generally be let go at any time without further compensation.

Not a knock, because the great majority of the population are in this category.

But, an AD, just like higher level officers in corporations, operates under an employment contract that outlines what hapoens when emplyment is terminated by either side. This is where buyouts come into play.

To be fair - it is hard to not have a delusional AD when you have a delusional fan base

- One that convicted a potential head coach and slandered him in public and on display on the rock just because of association
- One that pitted two men (Blackburn and Fulmer) against each other in the AD search
- One that hounded the new chancellor day in and day out when she was first hired

I could go on and on.

I feel some in the fan base like to put the blame on the AD because it takes the focus off the craziness in this fan base.

Trust me - if Pruitt starts making mistakes - this fan base will tear him apart just as quick as they did the last one. And they will also tear apart Fulmer for hiring him and Davenport for hiring Fulmer. It is probably just a matter of time before that starts.

And every other university in America with a passionate fan base would be and act exactly the same. It amazes me that some people think we’re unique!!!

Reactions: 24 people

I could go on and on.

Holy sheet man. You're a True Negavol. You spewed hate even when you were pumping sunshine. Lol, its actually sad, but entertaining.

Reactions: 18 people

I could go on and on.

sad but true

I could go on and on.

Don't you have something to spend that 2mill on Mr. CURRIE

He also had an ugly with the women’s basketball, see Leticia Romero, that outraged even their fan base. Just curious, I went to some of their fan sites when we hired him. Pretty much celebrating his being gone. We have made many bad hires - Presidents, Chancellors, ADs, coaches for years now. Where does the buck stop? I would say BOT. Some of you say the BOT is run by one person/family. Think all of this has any impact on the current attempt to restructure of the BOT?

Sadly no. It's very likely an attempt to ensure B. Haslam gets the President of University job.

Reactions: 2 people
If true, Currie was reaping at Tennessee what he sowed at KState. We know Currie has maturity issues during his first stint at UT on Hamilton’s staff....he was evidently a petulant prick. He goes off to KState and evidently took that same attitude with him...and we saw it ultimately manifest itself again during his second go-round at Tennessee. He may be a smart, bright business guy, but he ain’t got the necessary people skills to be a top notch D1 AD....and hopefully he’ll never get another opportunity.

I wouldn't be too upset if GA or AL decided to pick up Currie as AD. :)

Boy! You want the powers that be to smack their own faces with egg? Deniability counts👍.

There is no deniability on their part. They hired her and in turn she hires the most incompetent AD in Vol history. We should have a house cleaning.

VN Store

Back