So looks like we won’t get grad help on oline.

Vfl2407

Every time I hear a mention that we might be looking at this or that grad transfer, I say please let it be an olineman.

But since that hasn’t happened and we’ve already started spring practice, maybe CJP thinks we can roll with what we have. Maybe that means that both Smith and Hall are expected to be able to go in August?

Reactions: 2 people
Every time I hear a mention that we might be looking at this or that grad transfer, I say please let it be an olineman.

But since that hasn’t happened and we’ve already started spring practice, maybe CJP thinks we can roll with what we have. Maybe that means that both Smith and Hall are expected to be able to go in August?
Or, maybe it means we still have fall camp to add graduate transfers, and until they sign financial aid paperwork the coaches can't comment about them.

Reactions: 7 people
Or, maybe it means we still have fall camp to add graduate transfers, and until they sign financial aid paperwork the coaches can't comment about them.

I like your answer better than my assumption.
I think we really need it.

The other grad transfers aren't coming until the summer....

I'd venture to say we are still looking at options...

Reactions: 1 person
Also, CJP said it best when he said don't worry about the ones we don't get, worry about the guys we do get.

A lot of lineman that have graduate transfer option are currently possibly competing at their respective schools. Once spring is over and fall rolls in a lot of players will find out their standing with their respective teams in terms of playing time. That's when some more transfers will happen.

The other grad transfers aren't coming until the summer....

I'd venture to say we are still looking at options...

I still think some DTs might switch over yet. One I thought might jump left the program however. But there are two others who saw little to no playing time last year, and now there will be one less needed in the 3-4. Bain and Crosby are the two I would seriously consider.

I still think some DTs might switch over yet. One I thought might jump left the program however. But there are two others who saw little to no playing time last year, and now there will be one less needed in the 3-4. Bain and Crosby are the two I would seriously consider.

Bain would certainly fix our depth woes, as he could play all five spots at the same time.

We don t have a lot of DT's either

We don t have a lot of DT's either

Maybe not, but I doubt Pruitt runs any 4-3 sets. We have enough LB depth to run the 3-4. So under the circumstances, why wait to install the 3-4?

Bain is a senior. What if he switches over, plays well, and either gets drafted or a shot in FA? All jokes aside, this could be the opportunity for the guy who came here via Tusculum to make it to the league. And if Gooden and Tuttle can handle the nose tackle job, it makes sense to bring over Crosby too.

If the O line grad transfer options are, as suggested, not coming, they might find another DT late. All I am saying is there are some creative options.

VN Store

Back