Tennessee settles with John Currie for $2.5m

Good. Glad his family can move on from what I assume is a very difficult situation. I'm sure his daughters have been having a tough time at school.

Reactions: 3 people
We sure are paying a lot of money for folks not to work. I wish I could hit on one of those gigs. Seriously, glad he is gone and hope he never darkens the door of UT again. Should near have been hired in the first place.

Reactions: 10 people
How might I get a job wherein after a few months it is obvious that I am not very capable at it, so I am suspended WITH PAY pending my $ 2 million parting gift?

Reactions: 10 people
Saves UT almost $2 million. Good deal for them.

He had to settle. Otherwise, UT just keeps him in suspension limbo, and he falls off the radar screen in the AD community.

Glad it’s a done deal.

Reactions: 3 people
Currie was in over his head from day 1. When your AD is promoting Tennis everyday you know you are in trouble.

That was the sport in season. :dunno: Knew he was firing Serrano...those Tweets would have been epic. :huh:

Hopefully Haslam and Peyton split the $2.2 so it doesn’t come out of the AD budget. They gave him to us, they should pay him.

How’d Peyton “give him to us”? By not bisching about it? Expensive opinions up in here.

Reactions: 1 person
How’d Peyton “give him to us”? By not bisching about it? Expensive opinions up in here.

He was on the search committee, threw in with Haslam....only other dude on the committee carrying any weight was Charlie Anderson, was cut out of the final decision.

I said it about half tongue in cheek....and about half not. Certainly don’t expect Peyton to contribute, but Haslam should absolutely stroke the check.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
He was on the search committee, threw in with Haslam....only other dude on the committee carrying any weight was Charlie Anderson, was cut out of the final decision.

I said it about half tongue in cheek....and about half not. Certainly don’t expect Peyton to contribute, but Haslam should absolutely stroke the check.

We’re the worst kind of hens with these rumors and what we do with them. I do agree with the Haslam part but Peyton doesn’t have an agenda. He’s closer to Fulmer than anyone on the committee.

Reactions: 2 people
Did we ever settlement with Schiano? I remember hearing the whole Jones firing coupled with Schiano-gate and Currie dismissal was going to cost $20M. Anybody got a estimate now?

VN Store

Back