[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpbBx3kPaF8[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y-psjPd2r8[/youtube]

VQ Highlights: Vol Practice 3-22 from Brent Hubbs on Vimeo

[twitterv]976930211966185472[/twitterv]
[twitterv]976932435257692160[/twitterv]
[twitterv]976934575111856128[/twitterv]
[twitterv]976941600646533120[/twitterv]

NOTES

-Jennings dressed out today. Did work on the side with the rest of his teammates.

-Tyler Byrd worked with the safeties today. Josh Palmer worked with the outside receivers today. Emerson looks good and Crosby has absolutely transformed his body. (Simonton)

The David Johnson Hour. Tennessee’s new receivers coach is a pleasure to watch coach. He’s persistent, passionate but also positive with his guys. He’s been all over Marquez Callaway the last two days, working to bring the best out of Tennessee’s top playmaker from 2017.

The QBs (especially Jarrett Guarantano) were much sharper. Guarantano pushed the ball nicely on a couple deep shots and showed smooth accuracy on some middle seams routes against Cover-3 looks. Very few balls hit the ground, with Jordan Murphy having one of the only drops. Several of the WRs flipped spots today, too, with Brandon Johnson moving inside while Josh Palmer flipped out wide to the Z.

Tracy Rocker really gets after his guys teaching, too. Two guys physically who stood out today were Eric Crosby, who has definitely changed his body, and Greg Emerson.

Chris Rumph was very vocal and hands-on with his OLBs today during a drill on reads. He made Darrell Taylor, Jordan Allen and a few others re-do the drill after messing up the first time.

Was difficult to see much of the DBs today, but notably, Tyler Byrd was working with Charles Kelly and the safeties. Also, Cheyenne Labruzza was participating early in practice and was also with the safeties.
j. simonton

On the offensive line, Jerome Carvin absolutely looks the part. He’ll need to get a little bit quicker, but I think he is coming in at an excellent size. Carvin worked alongside Ollie Lane in one drill specifically. Lane will need to put on some weight this offseason, but looks a bit quicker.

Also on Guarantano — he looks like a different quarterback. You can tell he’s been in the weight room quite a bit over the past couple of months. He’s certainly much bigger and looks the part much more than he did last year as a redshirt freshman.

Once again, Jeremy Pruitt was nowhere to be found. I actually didn’t see him the entire time media was allowed on the field. He was working with the defensive backs in the far corner of the practice facility.
w. boling

(Guarantano) He was very sharp during the routes-on-air periods early in Thursday's practice. He dropped in a pair of beautiful deep balls to Marquez Callaway and Brandon Johnson, who worked in the slot on Thursday after working outside on Tuesday

Quart'e Sapp joined the rest of the inside linebackers, along with Daniel Bituli, Will Ignont, Shanon Reid and Solon Page III, on Thursday and looked fine going through all of the early-practice individual drills.

Devante Brooks continues to work at left guard alongside Drew Richmond at tackle, while Ryan Johnson is getting extensive work at center with Riley Locklear at right guard and Marcus Tatum at right tackle.

Tennessee's two true freshmen, Ollie Lane and Jerome Carvin, are working at right guard and right tackle, respectively.

Rising sophomore Shawn Shamburger, rising juniors Marquill Osborne and Baylen Buchanan and rising sophomore Terrell Bailey were among the other players who received plenty of repetitions during early cornerback drills.

Fils-aime showed inconsistent hands in individual drills, and he clearly still has plenty to learn at his new position. But his skill set didn’t look out of place in the secondary.
p. brown

PHOTOS

DY15DXJVQAA47gJ.jpg:large

DY7G77qXkAErLLy.jpg:large

DY7JISwW4AAk99Y.jpg:large

DY7LZM5W0AEcjHa.jpg:large

DY7NKsnVQAArZPd.jpg:large

DY7ORH9X0AA_SCB.jpg:large

DY7OQ_PWkAA0CfX.jpg:large

DY7ORH2WAAYlcCp.jpg:large

Last edited:
Reactions: 49 people
I think Greg Emerson is a player to watch. I have a feeling he's going to get in the 2-deep rotation early.

Reactions: 5 people
something about these practices seems harder..

we re about to see some grown men play

I wasn't going to say anything because I'm no judge, but the guys look like they're taking their reps seriously. It aint no disco club scene. They look like they're engaged and ready to be called. I've only watched these recent clips and those from CBJ's practices. This looks like something much more serious. But, I might be biassed.

Thanks a lot, Fingers!

Reactions: 7 people
No matter what part of the field he’s on, you hear Coach YAC bleed into the video. :lol:

The players know Pruitt won’t cater and put up with there crap attitudes like Butch did , and some are worried because butch played based on favorites and Pruitt won’t do that

Reactions: 3 people
The players know Pruitt won’t cater and put up with there crap attitudes like Butch did , and some are worried because butch played based on favorites and Pruitt won’t do that

I bet CJP will play his favorites.

His favorite players will be the ones that give him his best chance of keeping this job, the players that give us the best chance at winning. Those are my favorite players too.

Nothing wrong with having favorites.

Reactions: 8 people
With Kirkland but usually if you have a Tuesday class as a certain time it falls on Thursday at the same time as well. If he misses Saturday then I’ll be concerned.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back