JG Gained 18

Not sure what to think about this. On the plus side the extra weight will help him handle the enormous amount of sacks he is going to take this year. On the downside the extra weight might make him even slower than he was last year..

Actually..I'm not really seeing upside to this at all..

Reactions: 3 people
I’d prefer he gain four more Trey Smiths, so he doesn’t have to be a rambling, scrambling, man this year.

Reactions: 10 people
He looks bigger...kinda scary last year w/ how frail he looked. Think he has the tools...needs a surrounding cast, but I'm pulling for him.

Reactions: 3 people
Jarrett was so skinny last year that a gust of wind blew him off his feet in one game. Glad he is bulking up.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 7 people
Jarrett was so skinny last year that a gust of wind blew him off his feet in one game. Glad he is bulking up.

giphy.gif

He had a freaking injury for most of that half, that he got during a touchdown run, and you sad sacks want to criticize him for literally giving HIS ALL for Tennessee that day. Sad bunch of "fans" around these parts.

Reactions: 22 people
Not sure what to think about this. On the plus side the extra weight will help him handle the enormous amount of sacks he is going to take this year. On the downside the extra weight might make him even slower than he was last year..

Because no teenage athlete has added weight, strength and agility through hard work right. Any weight on a 20 year old is bad right?

Reactions: 7 people
He had a freaking injury for most of that half, that he got during a touchdown run, and you sad sacks want to criticize him for literally giving HIS ALL for Tennessee that day. Sad bunch of "fans" around these parts.

Guess the whole sarcasm thing eludes you?:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Reactions: 13 people
I don't fault or judge JG over a single down he played last year. There was too much turmoil. From fans and the coaching staff. It broke the team. A QB needs to think of being sacked as a surprise and not an expectation. Unfortunately, in the games JG played, expectation was all that remained.
Tennessee football on the beat: QB Jarrett Guarantano in win-win situation

There is little factual about this link, mostly just Griffeth's opinion. And he trained under Adams. :dry:

Reactions: 1 person

He was a stick out there last season. If anything this will give him a bigger arse to cushion the blows of being knocked down repetitively.

More muscle will give him even greater throwing distance and allow him to break more tackles and hold onto the ball better when being tackled/sacked.

He can embrace pocket passer. Cause he ain't dual at all.

Reactions: 2 people
Guess the whole sarcasm thing eludes you?:crazy::crazy::crazy:

That post had no sarcasm what so ever, he claimed jg was so frail that wind could blow him down and used a video of an obviously injured jg falling in pain to finish the half of football he played with a busted ankle. He wasn't being sarcastic, he was trying to be funny while coming off like a jackadd.

If a QB naturally has a low center of gravity it'll help him on the scrapes/bumps/swipes in the pocket but the only thing that helps him in taking solid hits and keep on truckin is muscle mass weight gain, I think. I've always believed in practice if you never are allowed contact on your QB when he does get hit he's more likely to be hurt or lose the ball. I see nothing wrong with grabbin their jersey and slingin em around or even shoving them hard.

Reactions: 2 people
If a QB naturally has a low center of gravity it'll help him on the scrapes/bumps/swipes in the pocket but the only thing that helps him in taking solid hits and keep on truckin is muscle mass weight gain, I think. I've always believed in practice if you never are allowed contact on your QB when he does get hit he's more likely to be hurt or lose the ball. I see nothing wrong with grabbin their jersey and slingin em around or even shoving them hard.

Until your starter blows out an acl being spun around. There is a reason they do what they do.

Until our OL drastically improves, the weight he puts on wont matter. JG has all the talent. He will finally get some good coaching. If the OL and WRs get their ish together as well, then look out.

Just because a majority is a majority doesn't necessarily make them right, but I see your point.

I agree with your sentiment trust me, I am a big proponent of having nuanced and flexible stances over the status quo, but sometimes there are valid reasons that usurp the will to win, like the health and future well being of young men that have entrusted you with their livelihood.

VN Store

Back