Alabama practice vs Tennessee practices on day one

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
Alabama's first practice of spring 2018 (3-20-18) - YouTube
So, I went and looked on what Alabama did their first day, compared to our first day of practice. The similarities are all there. No music, same moves, and basically using the same equipment almost. This staff knows what it takes for practice. These players will be proud of this staff when they make it through them. I see an Alabama, Georgia, and Clemson type team by fall. Add some USC type of offense in there, and this team may go a little further than some are expecting. Our receivers may be a lot quicker on catching the football than what we have seen. Our quarterbacks may be quicker on their feet, throwing the ball, and able to scoot running it faster by fall. Our defense may be able to tackle harder, be faster to the ball, and be quicker to get that quarterback by fall. By September 1st, we might just be in awe by the 1st game. :clapping::rock:

Reactions: 15 people
And just think, by day 3, 4, and 5 your body, feet, and stamina becomes stronger. They’ll start getting use to these practices and getting stronger, quicker, and faster. It doesn’t take long to get the training to become better.

Reactions: 1 person
The offense still concerns me. You are right about the defensive side feeling more like Alabama.

Saban was able to bring in (what was at that time) great offensive minds.

That will be the biggest question coming in

So, I went and looked on what Alabama did their first day, compared to our first day of practice. The similarities are all there. No music, same moves, and basically using the same equipment almost. This staff knows what it takes for practice. These players will be proud of this staff when they make it through them. I see an Alabama, Georgia, and Clemson type team by fall. Add some USC type of offense in there, and this team may go a little further than some are expecting. Our receivers may be a lot quicker on catching the football than what we have seen. Our quarterbacks may be quicker on their feet, throwing the ball, and able to scoot running it faster by fall. Our defense may be able to tackle harder, be faster to the ball, and be quicker to get that quarterback by fall. By September 1st, we might just be in awe by the 1st game. :clapping::rock:

Oh come on man :post-4-1090547912: That is insane..We just came off the worst season in UT history but all of a sudden we are gonna be world beaters by fall?...Get real..if we can win 6 games this season it will be a success.

Reactions: 29 people
Can we just skip the formalities of April-August and just jump straight to the "We're gonna win the East" and "10 Wins is a Real Possibility"? No need to go through these growing pains.

Reactions: 3 people

The players are what sets bama apart. Not practice or whatever. Jones could've coached them to a natty. Look at the recruiting classes year after year

The players are what sets bama apart. Not practice or whatever. Jones could've coached them to a natty. Look at the recruiting classes year after year

Being in shape, and having better practices, will help. How much they help is the question.

Being in shape, and having better practices, will help. How much they help is the question.

Plus hopefully a better mentality. Teams take on the attitude of the head coach. I firmly believe that. Mental toughness is a huge aspect of this team that I want to see a difference in between this year and last year.

Reactions: 2 people
Wonder if some of the current players will fade away during spring practice and fall camp? I suspect some attrition due to the program being a *tad* harder.

Oh great. Another post about hoping to be just like Alabubba.

Oh great. Another post about hoping to be just like Alabubba.

So you wouldn't trade seasons with Bama last year? Stop being childish and step up to the fact that to beat them you have to be as good or better than they are. What we have been doing for years isn't working.

Reactions: 3 people

:eek:lol:

ohboy.gif

Reactions: 4 people

I don’t think Jones could coach any group of players to any championship.

VN Store

Back