Orange & White game format

TNTechVol

Morning Thunder
Went to Butch's first O&W game. The format was ridiculous and boring and screaming of "yankee carpet bagger influence." I have a feeling JP won't have any of that nonsense.

Reactions: 4 people
From what I have read on here, if they play a game it will be 7 on 7. If they can gather enough lineman.

Can't get any worse. That was a 3 ring circus with the ringmaster also portraying the clown. That was so dumb and moronic....embarrassing.:thud:

Reactions: 3 people
I actually liked the few competitions like the QB one they had.. when they put a cardboard cut out of Jennings in the end zone that was awesome.

Just give me a traditional game with traditional scoring. Trying to figure out the point scoring was harder than any college math class I took.

Reactions: 4 people
This is from David Cobb at the TimesFreePress:

The offensive line's health could be among the key factors in how the coaching staff decides the format of the annual spring game, which is set for April 21. Pruitt would like to play a standard football game with two full teams. That won't happen without at least 10 healthy offensive linemen, walk-ons included, available to fill out the rosters.

It sincerely sounds like we may not have enough healthy offensive lineman to have a traditional game.

The old format was just stupid. I did like the QB drills though. Looking forward to a little more substance and a little less orchestrated horse 💩.

This is from David Cobb at the TimesFreePress:

It sincerely sounds like we may not have enough healthy offensive lineman to have a traditional game.

When pride is instilled back into this program where the last thing any player wants is to appear on an injury list, or miss a practice or a game...that's when we'll see a solid 5 o linemen playing like a unit with 3-4 back ups wantin in. I tell ya it isn't a popular thing to say or hear now but what this team needs is hard work and sweat, and plenty of it.

Reactions: 2 people
I have seen the 7 on 7 idea tossed around. It would make for a lot of offense which is always a crowd pleaser and may boost our qb's confidence.

Let me see 1's vs 2's and vice versa.

TD's = 6 points

Kick after TD = 1 point

Run or pass after TD = 2

Field Goal = 3

Safety = 2

That's the format and scoring that I want to see.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back