Pruitt, Man of few words

God I love this guy. Sounds like we could be best friends. Even though Shenandoah is my favorite country band of all time.

Reactions: 2 people
A man of ONE WORD:

picture.php

Reactions: 19 people
With the exception of his love of country music, I LOVED all of his answers!

Q: Night owl or early riser?
A: Both

All was good until he said Alabama. I know, I know...talking about the band, but wish he hated Bama so much that he threw up when he said it.

The look on his face just before the interview started was priceless.

"Why am I doing this when I could be making obscene phone calls to Dan Mullen?"

Reactions: 3 people
I bet all of you loved Dooley cause he dressed sharp and was smart, others loved Sal cause he was a hard nosed coach, the same groups loved Botch because he yelled over the megaphone like a tough guy.

Bunch of pansys in here lol

Let's let the guy coach before we gush that he likes cornbread and talks with a southern drawl. He is, well..... southern after all

Reactions: 9 people
But did he have to say his favorite band is Alabama? Lol

I think he tried to make up for it by saying his favorite vacation spot was Gatlinburg. You could just see Gulf Shores about to spill out before he managed to catch himself.

Reactions: 6 people
He seems all about business and doesnÂ’t care much for frivolity....heÂ’s probably thinking this interview is taking up time I could be studying film.....

Reactions: 4 people
I bet all of you loved Dooley cause he dressed sharp and was smart, others loved Sal cause he was a hard nosed coach, the same groups loved Botch because he yelled over the megaphone like a tough guy.

Bunch of pansys in here lol

Let's let the guy coach before we gush that he likes cornbread and talks with a southern drawl. He is, well..... southern after all

I remember Dooley winning his presser and fans liking him because he was from the south and son of a coaching legend. But not so much with Sal or Butch. Took a long time to warm up to Butch and even then he was hard to listen to or take serious. I bought into Butch in his first bowl game and the hype heading into year 3. But that faded pretty fast and by midway through year 4 the ability to tolerate his clichés and uncanny ability to get himself and TN made fun of had gotten stale. It was obvious by then he was all talk and no substance. Hell I bought into Kiffin more than I ever did Dooley or Butch. Mainly because of the staff he brought in and their elite recruiting reputation. Plus his Dad, who was one of the best defensive coach's in the NFL. He just struggled with spread offense's, because he had never seen them before. Difference with JP is his reputation and respect he's earned everywhere he's been.Neither Dooley nor Butch had that reputation and still don't. Dooley hung his hat on Coaching with Saban, being very intelligent and benefit of the doubt based on who his father is. Butch was the guy who followed Brian Kelly's coattails and who was fixing to take the Colo job but turned it down and sold his soul to get Hart to hire him. I remember when he was announced as HC, I was pissed because I didn't even know who the guy was. Pruitt has accomplished more and earned respect more as a Coordinator than Dooley or Butch had as HC's. I'm definitely excited about CJP and his reputation. Think a lot of the unhappy fans are more because he's a Bammer. Looking at his full coaching body of work, there is very little to not be excited about. JMO

Reactions: 5 people
I think he tried to make up for it by saying his favorite vacation spot was Gatlinburg. You could just see Gulf Shores about to spill out before he managed to catch himself.

Yea I honestly don't believe he cares what anyone thinks about what he says. I was born and raised in Maryville but the Beach is my favor vacation spot followed by the mountains. Just depends on the time of year it is.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he knows spouting cliches and slogans is not as important as WINNING, something he has a lot of experience doing actually. He has been around sab/tan and knows that WIN and everything you do is seen as pearls of wisdom from a demigod, LOSE and nothing you say will matter at all.

I think he knows spouting cliches and slogans is not as important as WINNING, something he has a lot of experience doing actually. He has been around sab/tan and knows that WIN and everything you do is seen as pearls of wisdom from a demigod, LOSE and nothing you say will matter at all.

This!! I love that he doesn't have to be heard and just goes about his business.

Reactions: 5 people
Glad we have a coach that speaks southern, didn't like that yankee accent from the git go!

Agreed! If I never hear Individuals, resilient or Resiliency used 100+ times in a post game presser or any other time again it will be too soon. It's more than ok to say guys, players, young men or any number of other things besides referring to your players as individuals.

Cornbread goes with dang near everything except Ice cream and spaghetti.

It's my favorite too.

VN Store

Back