Tennessee brimming with Talent

secking

It’s amazing how different Nashville is from just ten years ago (traffic rush hour is pitiful btw). But that carries over to football in a big way.

State of Tennessee has 19 4-stars in the class of ‘19. That is by far the most in history, 11 last year and 9 the year before. That would place Tn in top 15 states regarding talent. If I was a betting man, UT pulls 12/13 of the 19 this year. Great year to start getting Tn boys staying home. Only going to increase.

Already 11 next year and 90% of the class has not even been evaluated.

Reactions: 13 people
So-called pundits (erm, haters) who talk about the disadvantages of the Tennessee job will now have to change the narrative regarding in-state talent. This trend has been building for some time now. This trend had started when Butch got here.

Reactions: 1 person
Are these Guys born and raised Vol fans? Or are they transplants with ties to other programs?

There is a lot that goes into where an athlete goes to college.

Reactions: 5 people
With the explosion growth happening in and around Nashville I expect this trend will continue for years to come. So much decrease and down growth in the Memphis area that I think you’ll see a HUGE emphasis in recruiting continue to be in the middle Tennessee area. This can only be positive for the Vols any way you slice it....

Reactions: 2 people
So-called pundits (erm, haters) who talk about the disadvantages of the Tennessee job will now have to change the narrative regarding in-state talent. This trend has been building for some time now. This trend had started when Butch got here.

It would be more accurate to say that the swell in TN talent started soon after the devastation of Katrina, and the mass emigration to Tennessee by businesses especially the auto industry.

Are these Guys born and raised Vol fans? Or are they transplants with ties to other programs?

There is a lot that goes into where an athlete goes to college.

majority are transplants. Have never seen UT relevant.

Reactions: 4 people
It would be more accurate to say that the swell in TN talent started soon after the devastation of Katrina, and the mass emigration to Tennessee by businesses especially the auto industry.

It wasn't just Katrina that sent southern Atlantic and Gulf Coast residents fleeing inland. 2005 saw the largest outbreak of killer hurricanes on record.

List of storms in the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season - Wikipedia

..."The 2005 season was the most active season on record, shattering records on repeated occasions. A record 28 tropical and subtropical storms formed, of which a record fifteen became hurricanes. Of these, seven strengthened into major hurricanes, a record-tying five became category 4 hurricanes, a record four of which reached Category 5 strength, the highest categorization for North Atlantic tropical cyclones. Among these Category 5 storms was Hurricane Wilma, the most intense hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic."...

You are also correct in that Tennessee went after the auto industry, but there's going to be lot's of other factors driving the growth.

It’s amazing how different Nashville is from just ten years ago (traffic rush hour is pitiful btw). But that carries over to football in a big way.

State of Tennessee has 19 4-stars in the class of ‘19. That is by far the most in history, 11 last year and 9 the year before. That would place Tn in top 15 states regarding talent. If I was a betting man, UT pulls 12/13 of the 19 this year. Great year to start getting Tn boys staying home. Only going to increase.

There are nowhere near 15 states that put out 19 4 stars in a year. Maybe Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, California and Ohio.

Nashville is also the best place to live if you add it all up... not even close anywhere in the rest of the state

Reactions: 4 people
according to some experts it's the most talent ever assembled in the state...next couple years is supposed to be more of the same...maybe it's here to stay...:)

GBO!

Nashville is also the best place to live if you add it all up... not even close anywhere in the rest of the state

Used to be. Is now only if you don't mind cra-cra-crazy traffic on roads not up to the traffic volume. Daughter lives just outside the 440 bypass beside Vanderbilt. Wife is visiting there right now. They plan what to do based on traffic, so they're heading south to Franklin to get away from downtown for a little shopping and a movie.

Used to be. Is now only if you don't mind cra-cra-crazy traffic on roads not up to the traffic volume. Daughter lives just outside the 440 bypass beside Vanderbilt. Wife is visiting there right now. They plan what to do based on traffic, so they're heading south to Franklin to get away from downtown for a little shopping and a movie.

Of course it is going to be busy in the Vandy/downtown area. They have the NCAA Tournament going on and people on Broadway from all over the place. That is what makes it fun.

Reactions: 2 people
Walking around Nashville, I hardly ever see kids wearing UT attire. Lots of people my age (48), but not the next generation of Vols fans. Bandwagon generation and too many non-native Tennesseans. Send these new "Tennesseans" toward Jackson and Memphis.......they will leave the state in a hurry! Im from Jackson, I can say it!

My point is when you add up everything.. Entertainment, Restaurants, Employment Opportunities, Airport, Healthcare, Household income, Nashville beats the rest of TN

Reactions: 3 people

Guess that would fall into category of “its so crowded nobody goes there anymore “. I don’t know. I just don’t mind the traffic 1/2 as much in Nashville as being stuck in traffic in Memphis..

Yes and i feel better now that Pruitt and Fulmer are in charge. Tennessee football will be back sooner than later. Pruitt is going after the same players Alabame, Georgia, Ohio St is going after. I don't think Butch ever did that. Glad to see Pruitt going after those guys.

Reactions: 3 people

More like top 5. Only Florida, Texas, Georgia, and California produce more talent than the state of Tennessee now.

We've passed the likes of Louisiana, Ohio, and Alabama already.

VN Store

Back