Why is everyone sleeping on Baylen Buchanan?

Dobbs 4 Heisman

I have not heard his name mentioned at all as a possibility for starting at cornerback next season. Everyone seems to have forgotten about him. I know he was hurt last year and barely played, but he looked good as a true freshmen in 2016. Remember he was the first freshmen in 2016 to lose his black stripe. And he saw more playing time as a freshmen than Nigel Warrior.

Baylen Buchanan reminds me of Eric Davis (former NFL CB in the 1990s). I think he's the best cornerback on our roster and a future NFL player. Along with Nigel Warrior, I think he has a chance to lead a unit that could be much improved next season.

Don't sleep on Baylen Buchanan. He's a lock to start at one of those corner spots this fall.

Reactions: 10 people
Covers like Deion Sanders...hits like Ronnie Lott..... Imho

I know you're trying to troll but he is a very talented player. He's a spitting image of Eric Davis who had a very long and successful career in the NFL.

I think Baylen will be our #1 CB next year and get drafted in the first 3 rounds of the 2020 NFL Draft.

Reactions: 8 people
Quality post. I’ve been saying this for 12 years now. It was apparent in Pop Warner that he’s a future star and that’s why I have him rated as my number 1 DB on my 2020 NFL Draft board (prediction thread coming soon). I’ve graded him almost as high as you graded Alvin Kamara last season, I think the only thing that will hold him back at the next level is that he doesn’t have the face of a superstar. Regardless, I don’t think it’d be a stretch for him to have an 8-12 year NFL career with 4 pro bowls and a super bowl ring. Well—provided the team that drafts him doesn’t exercise their white privilege and start a white guy over him, that is.

Reactions: 55 people
I know you're trying to troll but he is a very talented player. He's a spitting image of Eric Davis who had a very long and successful career in the NFL.

I think Baylen will be our #1 CB next year and get drafted in the first 3 rounds of the 2020 NFL Draft.

Kiss of Death from D4H. :unsure:

Reactions: 13 people
ok, D4H, we hear ya...we'll see this season and I hope you're right...if he can go and show I can only assume the staff will see it and he'll get his chance...:thumbsup:

GBO!

I hope you're right

Reactions: 1 person
Quality post. I’ve been saying this for 12 years now. It was apparent in Pop Warner that he’s a future star and that’s why I have him rated as my number 1 DB on my 2020 NFL Draft board (prediction thread coming soon). I’ve graded him almost as high as you graded Alvin Kamara last season, I think the only thing that will hold him back at the next level is that he doesn’t have the face of a superstar. Regardless, I don’t think it’d be a stretch for him to have an 8-12 year NFL career with 4 pro bowls and a super bowl ring. Well—provided the team that drafts him doesn’t exercise their white privilege and start a white guy over him, that is.

My man!

Reactions: 3 people
Kiss of Death from D4H. :unsure:

ok, D4H, we hear ya...we'll see this season and I hope you're right...if he can go and show I can only assume the staff will see it and he'll get his chance...:thumbsup:

GBO!

I said the same thing last year about Daniel Bituli and he proved to be our best linebacker (even with our idiotic former coach barely letting him play).

I'm always right about the talent on our team. ALWAYS.

Reactions: 4 people
I said the same thing last year about Daniel Bituli and he proved to be our best linebacker (even with our idiotic former coach barely letting him play).

I don't know about all that but I know that hit Bituli put on the GT QB was a slobberknocker that saved the game.

Reactions: 2 people

Just look at him. Look at those features on him. His body just drips with potential.

Attachments

• 7825472.jpg
    7825472.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 1510baylenbuchanan5422297031_t755_h0c6a5c690d0aa7110918be673c2fd1327267f88b.jpg
    1510baylenbuchanan5422297031_t755_h0c6a5c690d0aa7110918be673c2fd1327267f88b.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 671954790.jpg
    671954790.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 11

This is quite possibly the post of the year. Maybe the millennium.

While we're talking about the secondary, I found the perfect comp for Nigel Warrior.

Nigel Warrior = Carnell Lake

In 5 years people will be amazed that we had a secondary with 3 future NFL Pro Bowlers in 2016 (Cam Sutton, Baylen Buchanan, and Nigel Warrior). And yet Butch Jones was unable to win more than 9 games.

Cam Sutton and Nigel Warrior will be All-Pro players as well.

Perfection

Reactions: 5 people
Dishing on a current player simply because he was mentioned by a regular poster is not cool.

Posters are fair game, but I would think our players should be considered out of bounds unless they have behaved in a way to deserve it.

Reactions: 6 people

You can't help but respect such a bold and confident prediction. If it comes true, please make sure to remind all of us and pat yourself on the back while gratuitously bragging about it. Make sure we all know just how awesome you are. Because frankly, we all have busy lives and more important things occupying our attention -- and we probably won't even remember your post by then!

But don't say anything if you turn out to be wrong. That way it will look like you're some kind of a genius.

Reactions: 8 people
While we're talking about the secondary, I found the perfect comp for Nigel Warrior.

Nigel Warrior = Carnell Lake

In 5 years people will be amazed that we had a secondary with 3 future NFL Pro Bowlers in 2016 (Cam Sutton, Baylen Buchanan, and Nigel Warrior). And yet Butch Jones was unable to win more than 9 games.

Cam Sutton and Nigel Warrior will be All-Pro players as well.

Can't believe I forgot about Rashaan Gaulden. He's gonna be a great NFL player as well. He'll be a stud nickel corner in the NFL for 8-10 years.

Cam Sutton
Baylen Buchanan
Rashaan Gaulden
Nigel Warrior

In about 5 years that'll be considered an elite secondary in the NFL.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. *Catches breath*. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back