Madre London, Mich State RB grad transfer, coming to UT

Question: is there now a trend towards bigger RBs or is this a Pruitt / Saban specific thing? I always thought the trend was towards smaller, more muscular RBs (e.g. John Kelly types), so guess I'm asking whether we're bucking the trend or if this is the new trend.

Reactions: 5 people
Question: is there now a trend towards bigger RBs or is this a Pruitt / Saban specific thing? I always thought the trend was towards smaller, more muscular RBs (e.g. John Kelly types), so guess I'm asking whether we're bucking the trend or if this is the new trend.

I think general theory is larger power backs (never hurts to have speed), flourish better in pro set, where guys like Kelly and Kamara (who'd wildly succeed in any offense if you play him) are more suited for RPO spread type offense.

Reactions: 2 people

New coach new system new preferences.

Reactions: 4 people

Pruitt/Saban specific thing imo. He wants bigger backs running behind a bigger OL.....and generally bigger team overall. He’s made mention of it a few times now.

Reactions: 3 people
Now we know why Fils-Aime moved to db. We knew weeks ago that London was coming so we changed the depth chart

Reactions: 1 person
Well everybody knows that until D4H says he's awesome, or the best RB he's ever seen, we won't know if it's a good thing he's transferring to UT....

Reactions: 6 people
Well everybody knows that until D4H says he's awesome, or the best RB he's ever seen, we won't know if it's a good thing he's transferring to UT....

And how good looking is he? That's where the real talent is.

Reactions: 2 people
This is good stuff. I don't know a ton about London, but his stats at Michigan were pretty respectable. He and Chandler could make a good committee, with Banks learning from a veteran with a similar build and skill-set.

Good balance and vision. Decent lateral quickness for a guy his size.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYN7CHVEXes[/youtube]

Last edited:

Smaller, more agile RBs are supposed to be able to avoid DL and DB that are not blocked in Botch's secret offense scheme. Larger and powerful RBs will run over them if the OL blocking continues to fail to develop. I suspect the AD will not be happy if it doesn't improve.

VN Store

Back