College Fan's Guideline to Drafting WRs

jeblevins

From the EDSBS site, this is pretty funny:

"7. DRAFT A SKILL PLAYER AT TENNESSEE WHO DID NOT GET PLAYING TIME UNDER BUTCH JONES. Position doesn't really matter, actually. Talent was so mismanaged under Butch Jones that there's probably a defensive end who could line up and get 800 yards receiving and 8 TDs out of the slot this year."

:lolabove:

HOW TO DRAFT COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS: WIDE RECEIVERS - Every Day Should Be Saturday

Reactions: 4 people
From the EDSBS site, this is pretty funny:

"7. DRAFT A SKILL PLAYER AT TENNESSEE WHO DID NOT GET PLAYING TIME UNDER BUTCH JONES. Position doesn't really matter, actually. Talent was so mismanaged under Butch Jones that there's probably a defensive end who could line up and get 800 yards receiving and 8 TDs out of the slot this year."

:lolabove:

HOW TO DRAFT COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS: WIDE RECEIVERS - Every Day Should Be Saturday
:thud: Hummmm??? I wonder who we could’ve used in this position??:crazy::banghead2:

I'm glad Butch Jones is gone and Jeremy Pruitt is here, but the truth is, the Saints used Kamara exactly like Butch did. Saban ran him off. Talk about mismanagement.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm glad Butch Jones is gone and Jeremy Pruitt is here, but the truth is, the Saints used Kamara exactly like Butch did. Saban ran him off. Talk about mismanagement.

I agree. He had pretty identical stats at Tennessee, but he just got on a bigger stage with more eyes on him in the pros. If he was at Alabama doing what he did at UT, nobody would say anything about Saban under utilizing him.

The problem wasn’t how Kamara was used here, it was that he should’ve been starting and getting 25 touches a game and everyone knew it. That is the definition of mismanagement. Put your best talent on the field and you will probably win a lot more games. Pretty simple philosophy.

Reactions: 1 person

The funny thing is that we do actually have a DE who was a prolific WR in high school.

Hint: WGWTFA.

I don't think it was so much Saban running him off as it was AK being immature and buried on the depth chart. He hadn't been used to not being the man and needed a change of scenery. He should have been a day 1 starter here but at Ala he would have battled 4-5 NFL Caliber RB's every year for PT. Upside was he didn't get get overused and should give him a little extra shelf life at a position that doesn't set you up for a long NFL career.I just hate he doesn't have many positive things to say about his time here thanks to Butch.

VN Store

Back