Tennessee hires special teams analyst from Alabama

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Announced earlier today per football scoop. (Been discussed in the coaches thread but posted here for visibility).

Tennessee:*Per source, Alabama special teams assistant analyst Carter Blount has accepted the special teams analyst position with the Vols.

Reactions: 4 people
He was also the sole special teams coach at Georgia when Pruitt was there. That’s where they knew each other. Which is good because we’re breaking in a bunch of new special teams players.

Reactions: 2 people
Has the team ever had this many "analysts" in the past? Or is CJP taking a page out of Sabans book?

Analyst??? Will he be able to "teach"? Or will he just add his two cents worth? Someone tell me what his job description will really be.

Analyst??? Will he be able to "teach"? Or will he just add his two cents worth? Someone tell me what his job description will really be.

no contact with the players. will be reviewing tapes, doing cut ups, checking the stats etc. basically doing the grunt work so the real coaches can do the real coaching.

Trading coaches with bammer! Hope we win that war! A bama fan told me Sunday that if Tennessee gets good, it’ll be “Built by Bama “ I told him we’d take it, we’re THAT desperate!

Reactions: 2 people
Trading coaches with bammer! Hope we win that war! A bama fan told me Sunday that if Tennessee gets good, it’ll be “Built by Bama “ I told him we’d take it, we’re THAT desperate!

I would have told him to EABOD.

Reactions: 1 person
He was also the sole special teams coach at Georgia when Pruitt was there. That’s where they knew each other. Which is good because we’re breaking in a bunch of new special teams players.

Which is great because Kelly wont stay all that long. He will leave for a DC spot. So then its next man up. Without skipping a beat.

Has the team ever had this many "analysts" in the past? Or is CJP taking a page out of Sabans book?

Yes, we have. Had 8 analysts under Lyle. Doug Mathews has discussed JP saying he’s good with having approximately 8 analysts as well, that he thinks Alabama actually had too many analysts when he was there.

Yes, we have. Had 8 analysts under Lyle. Doug Mathews has discussed JP saying he’s good with having approximately 8 analysts as well, that he thinks Alabama actually had too many analysts when he was there.

I wonder what particular analysis was unnecessary?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back