2504 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Page 24. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 03-13-2018, 08:44 PM   #346
Glocker_Alum_2005

Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per
Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per
With Chryst not here till Sunday, JG will get every opportunity to win the job. With his tweets, sounds like he's ready to compete. That said you have to think Pruitt and Helton gave Chryst a good indicator he has the advantage.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-13-2018, 10:37 PM   #347
chatt-townVOL
First of his name

Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per
Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan102455 View Post
So a boom is having a QB that lost the starting job at another school on commit to Tennessee?

Depending how things go we may be down to 2 QB's by the time the season starts with 2 transferring.

And if history is any indication the three that leave Tennessee will look like world beaters at their new schools and you all that are booming will be complaining like you were are Peterman, Ferguson and others around Pruitt not giving them a chance.

My gut at this point tells me that 2018 is going to be as bad, maybe worse than 2017 and 2019 will probably not be any better.
This guy right now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CD19495E-6920-487B-BE43-6F58E1CCF49E.jpg (25.8 KB, 3 views)
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-14-2018, 08:36 AM   #348
UT-Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan102455 View Post
So a boom is having a QB that lost the starting job at another school on commit to Tennessee?

Depending how things go we may be down to 2 QB's by the time the season starts with 2 transferring.

And if history is any indication the three that leave Tennessee will look like world beaters at their new schools and you all that are booming will be complaining like you were are Peterman, Ferguson and others around Pruitt not giving them a chance.

My gut at this point tells me that 2018 is going to be as bad, maybe worse than 2017 and 2019 will probably not be any better.

Unlike some folks (^^), our new HFC and new qb signee look at it this way:

“Become one of the rare people who don’t know how to quit.”

Coach Pruitt likes him.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-14-2018, 10:36 AM   #349
k-town_king

Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocker_Alum_2005 View Post
With Chryst not here till Sunday, JG will get every opportunity to win the job. With his tweets, sounds like he's ready to compete. That said you have to think Pruitt and Helton gave Chryst a good indicator he has the advantage.
Pruitt said he made sure to make it clear to Chryst and any other GT that starting is not guaranteed or that they would even be a favorite. It scared a few guys off. Pruitt really likes JG and he is here for the spring.

The only thing Pruitt told Chryst is he would have a chance to compete when he gets here. It's going to be tough to overtake JG though.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #350
BeecherVol
Ridge Runner

Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per
Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-town_king View Post
Pruitt said he made sure to make it clear to Chryst and any other GT that starting is not guaranteed or that they would even be a favorite. It scared a few guys off. Pruitt really likes JG and he is here for the spring.

The only thing Pruitt told Chryst is he would have a chance to compete when he gets here. It's going to be tough to overtake JG though.
It be silly for Pruitt to tell either they have a leg up. New system for the guy returning, new system for the transfer. Neither have yet to be in a practice with this staff.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #351
KBVol

Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per
Pruitt promised Chryst only the opportunity to compete for the starting job (as he should), and Chryst is surely coming here with the idea and intention of winning the job (as he should). But everyone I’ve heard from on this seems to think the move was more about getting in a competent qb fit who can back up JG, whom they presume will be the starter. We’ll see.

I think it’s a win-win situation for JP and the team. Chryst’s presence will either 1. Make JG a much better player via the competition or 2. Will provide us with a better starting QB than we had before he got on campus. At a minimum, it strengthens the position by providing much better depth than McBride could offer. We’ll see what happens.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-14-2018, 02:19 PM   #352
johnrlansford

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBVol View Post
Pruitt promised Chryst only the opportunity to compete for the starting job (as he should), and Chryst is surely coming here with the idea and intention of winning the job (as he should). But everyone I’ve heard from on this seems to think the move was more about getting in a competent qb fit who can back up JG, whom they presume will be the starter. We’ll see.

I think it’s a win-win situation for JP and the team. Chryst’s presence will either 1. Make JG a much better player via the competition or 2. Will provide us with a better starting QB than we had before he got on campus. At a minimum, it strengthens the position by providing much better depth than McBride could offer. We’ll see what happens.
Well Said.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #353
JohnnyBall
Ball, oskie, cover, block

Quote:

Yeah JG took not playing in Atlanta so well..must have been the competitive fire making him pout.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2018, 01:53 PM   #354
VOLINVONORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatt-townVOL View Post
This guy right now
Take some of that pink liquid and a long nap. Everything will be better in your gut in 6 months.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #355
KBVol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBall View Post
Yeah JG took not playing in Atlanta so well..must have been the competitive fire making him pout.
Who said he did? We all know he didn’t, after being lied to by his head coach.....that was the issue for JG, not the competition with QD. He was told he would play, he didn’t play, he handled it poorly. It was very bad form on his part.....that game, that night.

From that point on however, he looked like good teammate and ultimately, a good leader once he became the starter.

If we see a similar response from JG this year if he loses the starting QB battle with Chryst, which I don’t think we will, I’ll be one of the first to criticize him, this I can tell you.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #356
butchna

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBall View Post
That was my thought. I don’t want a guy who’s happy that he’s not playing.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2018, 02:48 PM   #357
butchna

Quote:
Who said he did? We all know he didn’t, after being lied to by his head coach.....that was the issue for JG, not the competition with QD. He was told he would play, he didn’t play, he handled it poorly. It was very bad form on his part.....that game, that night.

From that point on however, he looked like good teammate and ultimately, a good leader once he became the starter.

If we see a similar response from JG this year if he loses the starting QB battle with Chryst, which I don’t think we will, I’ll be one of the first to criticize him, this I can tell you.
“Lying” thing is way overdone on this one imo. With all his failings, winning a game over assurances to his backup QB that “we’ll get you into the game” doesn’t register. I don’t fault JG for wanting to play but there was a bigger goal that took precedence.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #358
BloomuVol

Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchna View Post
“Lying” thing is way overdone on this one imo. With all his failings, winning a game over assurances to his backup QB that “we’ll get you into the game” doesn’t register. I don’t fault JG for wanting to play but there was a bigger goal that took precedence.
I wouldn't say it's that overblown if the coaches decided they would play both, especially when you take into account that dormady stunk it up for three quarters before getting a spurt of things connecting, most people would think that if the game plan is to split time for qbs and one of them has failed for an entire half, it should likely be time to go to your plan and put in the other qb. I can only imagine that a coach that tells you he believes in you going against what many would consider common sense is a little frustrating. That's not to excuse the pouty looks on the sideline, but I can understand how it came about.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2018, 04:36 PM   #359
butchna

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomuVol View Post
I wouldn't say it's that overblown if the coaches decided they would play both, especially when you take into account that dormady stunk it up for three quarters before getting a spurt of things connecting, most people would think that if the game plan is to split time for qbs and one of them has failed for an entire half, it should likely be time to go to your plan and put in the other qb. I can only imagine that a coach that tells you he believes in you going against what many would consider common sense is a little frustrating. That's not to excuse the pouty looks on the sideline, but I can understand how it came about.
Pretty certain that Saban didn’t fulfill everything he ever “promised” when a game’s outcome was in question. And by “Saban”, I mean EVERY COACH ever. Be fun to listen to Blake Barnett expound on the subject.

In JG’s case, I honestly believe that he was a series away from being inserted but after we scored, there was a game to win. Football.

Last edited by butchna; 03-20-2018 at 04:39 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP