Mayock: Third round is 'best case' draft for Vols' Kelly

Grudenator

"The Kelly kid's interesting," NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said Monday during a conference call, "because if you put the Florida tape on, you go, 'Wow.' That was a good football game. You see contact balance, a burst and acceleration.

"His last three games, I don't know if it was him, his offensive line or a combination, but they just looked different. You hate to knock a kid when the whole team is struggling like it was at the end of the season, but they looked different at the end of the year, so I chose to kind of just take the Florida tape and say, 'OK, at his best, who is he?'

"And at his best, I thought he was a mid-round player. Best case (is) third round, but I don't really think that's happening."
Interesting but true. What is yalls opinion? I’ll say 5th round.

Reactions: 2 people
5 seems a thoughtful guess. I said 6-7 weeks ago, but running backs get used and abused so rapidly that you may be closer than I was. Now if he destroys the combine and aces the interviews, maybe he gets closer to Mayock's best case.

John Kelly? I think Trump fires him in....Oh wrong forum.

I'm going to say 4th round to Carolina. He'd be a nice compliment to McCaffrey as a much better, more consistent between the tackles option.

Whatever team gets him will be glad and all the ones that passed on him will wish they didn't.

Go be a millionaire!

Reactions: 3 people
Hope he surprises at the combine, especially with his 40 time. He deserves to be drafted no later than the 3rd-4th round. Somebody is gonna get a really good nfl running back.

I loved watching JK play but as the season played out, he wore down. Could have been poor line play or he just didnt have the burst he had at beginning of season. Another season on Rocky Top would have definitely helped his draft stock. I wish JK the best though. He will be missed.

Mike Mayock might be right about where Kelly is drafted. But he's dead wrong about the player.

John Kelly will be a STAR in the NFL.

Teams will regret passing on him like they did last year with Alvin.

John Kelly = Priest Holmes 2.0

Reactions: 1 person
I see him more similar to Kareem Hunt. He keeps a good pad level and is very quick and runs very hard.

Mike Mayock might be right about where Kelly is drafted. But he's dead wrong about the player.

ok, i'll bite. what did he say negative about the player? looks like he said he was good based on the florida tape, and was ok writing off the end of the season performance. was there something more, or is it more D4H tripe?

Reactions: 4 people
ok, i'll bite. what did he say negative about the player? looks like he said he was good based on the florida tape, and was ok writing off the end of the season performance. was there something more, or is it more D4H tripe?

Come on, man. You have been around 8 years, and have to ask? Anytime he posts, it's tripe. If tripe increased endowment, Anita Hill would have said "D4H".

2 questions...

1. When you post things like this, do you just scroll through espn charts and find a famous player with similar height and weight?

2. Are you and Butchna related?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back