Fred White

VOLINVONORE

I heard that Fred White was leaving Knoxville. Does anyone know where he is going and what he will be doing?

who is Fred White anyway?

One of the White Brothers??

:thud:

Aside from Eric Berry (who is in a class by himself in every category), Fred White is probably the best Safety we've had in run support (his coverage skills weren't the best which kept him from an NFL career). An integral part of our '98 Championship team.

"Whenever I had a hole, #2 (White) was always there to meet me." - Shaun Alexander, Alabama RB, following Tennessee's 21-7 win over the Tide in 1999.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Jamal Lewis say the hardest he's ever been hit was by Fred in practice, scrimmage?

who is Fred White anyway?

One of the White Brothers??

picture.php

Reactions: 2 people
yes I DON'T KNOW THE NAME.. sorry just did not know and I watch every game for the last 50 years.. But FW did not ring a bell... sorry

OOOOOO

YOU meant Fred White
Fred White: 1997 Vols were 'nothing but family'

Nothing unusual about that. I remember names of people on the early Doug Dickey teams far better than most Majors or Fulmer teams. That's just a fact of life; one day you are a student at UT and all things UT stick - a few years later and you are working, taking care of family matters, and football may be important but so many other things are more so. Then there are the lost years - overseas in the Army and no real links back to UT football.

So the rest of you remember Dewey Warren, Austin Denny, Steve Delong, Jack Kiner, Richmond Flowers, Bob Johnson, David Leake, Curt Watson etc off the top of your head; because I can promise Fred White didn't ring a bell with me either.

Reactions: 4 people
Nothing unusual about that. I remember names of people on the early Doug Dickey teams far better than most Majors or Fulmer teams. That's just a fact of life; one day you are a student at UT and all things UT stick - a few years later and you are working, taking care of family matters, and football may be important but so many other things are more so. Then there are the lost years - overseas in the Army and no real links back to UT football.

So the rest of you remember Dewey Warren, Austin Denny, Steve Delong, Jack Kiner, Richmond Flowers, Bob Johnson, David Leake, Curt Watson etc off the top of your head; because I can promise Fred White didn't ring a bell with me either.

Jack Kiner?

VN Store

Back