Al Wilson to replace Butch Jones on the Jumbotron

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Multiple sources with direct connections to the school, including former football staffers, have shared with GN that the plan is to replace Jones’ image with that of former All-American linebacker Al Wilson, who was the captain of the 1998 title team.

“The plan is Al Wilson,” a source said. “That’s been the original plan (since Jones’ firing). Something could change, but the plan’s Al Wilson.”

John Brice

Reactions: 59 people
That guy, huh? I can dig it...👍❤️❤️
Show him some love volnation.❤️❤️😀

Reactions: 2 people
I love Al Wilson, but shouldn't it obviously be General Neyland.

Sorry just looked at the picture, I'm an idiot. I'm good with Al

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I hope he finally got a degree. Personally not an issue but SOMEONE will make a remark...or 1,000.

Reactions: 1 person
The moral of they story is to never put an unproven coach on the Jumbotron.

No doubt. You can replace unproven with “loser” if you want.....Lyle actually had a sub .500 record in year 2 when they replaced HOF Coach Phil Fulmer holding the national championship trophy with his ugly Sgt Carter looking mug. What in tarnation were he and Hart thinking when they did that? Just ridiculous.

Reactions: 3 people
No doubt. You can replace unproven with “loser” if you want.....Lyle actually had a sub .500 record in year 2 when they replaced HOF Coach Phil Fulmer holding the national championship trophy with his ugly Sgt Carter looking mug. What in tarnation were he and Hart thinking when they did that? Just ridiculous.

and for those who may not be familiar with the term tarnation, the attached link may provide a little perspective. thank you KB.

http://www.appalachianhistory.net/2017/05/what-in-tarnation.html

Reactions: 4 people
I miss the days people were afraid of our defenses. Don't get me wrong, we have had some great players like Eric Berry and Derek Barnett since Al who were plenty intimidating but it has been awhile since I have seen just an overpowering, smothering UT defense. Pruitt had some pretty awesome defenses at that red school so maybe we are due.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back