Pruitt:"I will go to dadgum China for him if he's a player"

UT Hill Man

I ♥ Big Jugs
Reactions: 24 people
"You win with players, and it's not always the players ranked the highest...We're going to trust our evaluations and trust the connections and relationships we've cultivated over time as a staff."

It's hard not to chuckle while reading these articles. You could make a game using the quotes and try to guess which coach said them. The above quote could have easily come from Butch sometime over the past few seasons. Almost verbatim.

Reactions: 4 people
Unfortunately, the best players are in Dadburn, China, not Dadgum.
Don't even ask about Doggone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people
"You win with players, and it's not always the players ranked the highest...We're going to trust our evaluations and trust the connections and relationships we've cultivated over time as a staff."

It's hard not to chuckle while reading these articles. You could make a game using the quotes and try to guess which coach said them. The above quote could have easily come from Butch sometime over the past few seasons. Almost verbatim.

True but for some reason it's more reassuring coming from guys that coached for national championships, instead of Life championships.

Reactions: 18 people

Compare and apply their pedigrees....then see if you think one has more validity and carries more weight than the other.

Reactions: 5 people
True but for some reason it's more reassuring coming from guys that coached for national championships, instead of Life championships.

Pruitt hasn't won even one game as a head coach. Dooley was on Saban's staff, too. How did that work out?

Reactions: 14 people
Compare and apply their pedigrees....then see if you think one has more validity and carries more weight than the other.

Butch won four conference championships as a head coach. Pruitt has yet to win his first game.

Reactions: 7 people

It is crazy to see how excited people get over this stuff. Like every coach doesnt work hard and want to win. They all say the same stuff.

Reactions: 10 people
Pruitt hasn't won even one game as a head coach. Dooley was on Saban's staff, too. How did that work out?

Pruitt took highly rated recruits and had them playing as such. Jones took highly rated recruits and gave new meaning to "busts".

We both know Pruitt has never been a head coach and the results are yet to be seen. However, that hasn't stopped you from yapping about him. I can take the same knowledge and feel optimistic.

Reactions: 18 people
I liked that the record over the last decade against Alabama, Florida and Georgia was stated:

"... Pruitt, who takes over a Tennessee program that is a combined 4-26 over the last decade against Alabama, Florida and Georgia, with an average margin of defeat of 17.1 points in those 26 losses."

He has a better recruiting class than Frost at Nebraska. Is he a good enough coach to beat Frost's team?

I think the article is stale. Kiffin almost beat Bama with walk ons.

Pruitt needs to expect to do the same.

Coaches may have to recruit 365. I don't want to hear about it until the players we have pack up their lockers after next season.

Pruitt took highly rated recruits and had them playing as such. Jones took highly rated recruits and gave new meaning to "busts".

We both know Pruitt has never been a head coach and the results are yet to be seen. However, that hasn't stopped you from yapping about him. I can take the same knowledge and feel optimistic.

I hope you're right, but Pruitt has proven ZERO as a head coach to this point. ZERO. I will get excited when I see real results and not before. How many times do we have to go through this and we still get excited over hype and promises? Not me.

Reactions: 6 people
I liked that the record over the last decade against Alabama, Florida and Georgia was stated:

"... Pruitt, who takes over a Tennessee program that is a combined 4-26 over the last decade against Alabama, Florida and Georgia, with an average margin of defeat of 17.1 points in those 26 losses."

He has a better recruiting class than Frost at Nebraska. Is he a good enough coach to beat Frost's team?

I think the article is stale. Kiffin almost beat Bama with walk ons.

Pruitt needs to expect to do the same.

Coaches may have to recruit 365. I don't want to hear about it until the players we have pack up their lockers after next season.

Pruitt has a better recruiting class than many. But. And here is the big but. Look at who Pruitt has to follow and the state of our program.

Pruitt said he expects to win every game. I think most coaches do. But as poorly as this team has been coached, CJP has his work cut out for him.

I am oretty certain that if he doesnt win the East within 2 years, many will say he sucks and isnt our guy. Some in this fanbase still have this delusion that we are still the powerhouse of the 90's.

Reactions: 2 people
I hope you're right, but Pruitt has proven ZERO as a head coach to this point. ZERO. I will get excited when I see real results and not before. How many times do we have to go through this and we still get excited over hype and promises? Not me.

That's cool for both you and VFB.
However, most come here because they're fanatics for TN football. That usually comes with a dose of optimism because that's really the number 1 point of being a fan.

Oh and btw, while you are correct "Pruitt hasn't won a single game", he hasn't lost one either. Not enough college football in a year for me to waste time talking about how it 'might' suck.

Reactions: 13 people
Butch won four conference championships as a head coach. Pruitt has yet to win his first game.

Lol. You HAVE to be kidding me.

Lyle won 2 conference titles outright....in the MAC and Big East....again, lol. The other 2 “conference titles” you’re referring to were a 3-way tie in 2011 and 4-way tie in 2012.

Meanwhile, Pruitt owns 5 national championship rings as a defensive coordinator for 2 different programs. Are you honestly peddling the idea that Jones has a more impressive, more accomplished coaching pedigree than Pruitt? And I’d be willing to bet that Pruitt in 2018 as a first year head coach, improves a bit on Jones’ 2017 season, his 11th as a head coach.

Btw, you’re not one of those Butch lovers are you? Only a Butch lover could possibly fire back with that response.

Reactions: 9 people
Every new coaching staff gets puff pieces written about them as being different and bringing a new energy blah blah blah. We’ll see come game 1

Hack my man, let it be brother. We will be back to form in no time at all. You seem eerily worried Pruitt is botch and that is certainly not the case. Your reasons for skepticism are valid but he's coach #26 not #24.

Every new coaching staff gets puff pieces written about them as being different and bringing a new energy blah blah blah. We’ll see come game 1

Probably be a bit more fair to Pruitt to give him a full season for evaluation, not just one game Fade, wouldn’t you say? I prefer a little cautious optimism here (after 5 years of Butch Jones) as opposed to full on reflexive cynicism. Just sayin’.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back