10 Vols that could turnaround under Pruitt

I hope our offensive line and rb's can pick up a linebacker blitz under Pruitt...Also, I hope our quarterbacks have a safety valve when the receivers are covered...Curling up and taking a sack didn't work very well last year...

Reactions: 2 people
Hmm, wondering why JG was left off of the list. I think that due to the already known fact that there has been a great decline in developing players the past couple of years, you would hope that he would also find his footing (no pun intended). I mean, look what Kiffin did for JC. Just a thought. Wishing improvement for all of our Vols, and a decent season!

Hmm, wondering why JG was left off of the list. I think that due to the already known fact that there has been a great decline in developing players the past couple of years, you would hope that he would also find his footing (no pun intended). I mean, look what Kiffin did for JC. Just a thought. Wishing improvement for all of our Vols, and a decent season!

I think its because he doesn't need a turnaround. Just to continue to improve like he was doing all year. I don't think people here give him the respect non fans do.

Last four games he was over 67% passing and over 9 ypa. Facing all bowl or SEC teams.

Reactions: 1 person
Wouldn't get your hopes up.

I think guys that will benefit from the change:

Bituli
Phillips
Taylor
Austin Smith
Byrd

Those are 5 players who were recruited by every school in the SEC.

South Carolina won 9 games last year.

We are more talented than them.

As a fanbase we are bit misguided in our expectations of this team next year...given the talent that is actually there. And rightfully so! Because we played awful football. But the talent is in place...

And it IS there.

We should be the most improved team in the conference this year.

Reactions: 3 people
That's blasphemy,they called Tyler Byrd a wide receiver........

They obviously don't read VolNation or they'd know he's flipping to DB this year. They shoulda classified him as a athlete... Duh.

J/k my sarcasm is high today

Because they probably realize there is no hope there..

I think bottom line is we do have some talent on this team. It just never materialized or was developed. If Pruitt's approach is very disciplined and demanding of the fine details, we should see improvement.

Reactions: 1 person
That's blasphemy,they called Tyler Byrd a wide receiver........

They obviously don't read VolNation or they'd know he's flipping to DB this year. They shoulda classified him as a athlete... Duh.

J/k my sarcasm is high today

They then proceeded to refer to DB as his natural position and that he would thrive there.

No sarcasm.

Last edited:
I think bottom line is we do have some talent on this team. It just never materialized or was developed. If Pruitt's approach is very disciplined and demanding of the fine details, we should see improvement.

I'm not sure these players want to play as a team yet. I'm curious to see how many of them are willing to put the effort into becoming Pruitt journeymen. I'd love to be amazed and come out of the gate like 4-0 finishing in a decent bowl game.

Hopefully this will add a few minutes to your lives that you will never get back.

1. Dillon Bates
2. Quay Picou
3. Drew Richmond
4. Alexis Johnson
5. Marquill Osborne
6. Micah Abernathy
7. Tyler Byrd
8. Marcus Tatum
9. Chance Hall
10. Darrin Kirkland Jr.

Reactions: 4 people
Hopefully this will add a few minutes to your lives that you will never get back.

1. Dillon Bates
2. Quay Picou
3. Drew Richmond
4. Alexis Johnson
5. Marquill Osborne
6. Micah Abernathy
7. Tyler Byrd
8. Marcus Tatum
9. Chance Hall
10. Darrin Kirkland Jr.

Sweet!! This has to be worth some VN E-Creds.

Bates played his best games as a true freshman before Thigpen ruined him and he got hurt in Georgia game.

It would be nice to see the consensus 4* blossom as a Senior! Especially since he is a legacy player.

1. Dillon Bates
2. Quay Picou
3. Drew Richmond
4. Alexis Johnson
5. Marquill Osborne
6. Micah Abernathy
7. Tyler Byrd
8. Marcus Tatum
9. Chance Hall
10. Darrin Kirkland Jr.

Thanks!

VN Store