I'm a UGA Pruitt believer

UGADawg4Life

When he was here, I loved the guy. No nonsense, hard worker, lunch pail type guy. He's going to need some time to get his feet under him, and time to recruit guys that fit into his system.

The only thing that some didn't like about Pruitt, which I did like, was that he went against the grain. He and Richt didn't see eye-to-eye, particularly Richt's and Pruitt's final season at UGA. Inside scoop is that they nearly came to blows at Richt's house one night.

I had hoped that Kirby would retain Pruitt but, for some reason, that didn't happen. I think he's the right guy if Vol fans are patient. And Fulmer needs to stay out of his way and only answer questions asked.

Reactions: 28 people
When he was here, I loved the guy. No nonsense, hard worker, lunch pail type guy. He's going to need some time to get his feet under him, and time to recruit guys that fit into his system.

The only thing that some didn't like about Pruitt, which I did like, was that he went against the grain. He and Richt didn't see eye-to-eye, particularly Richt's and Pruitt's final season at UGA. Inside scoop is that they nearly came to blows at Richt's house one night.

I had hoped that Kirby would retain Pruitt but, for some reason, that didn't happen. I think he's the right guy if Vol fans are patient. And Fulmer needs to stay out of his way and only answer questions asked.

:banghead2:

Attachments

• 3E836AF0-EA7A-4CCD-AB10-A41CEE012CB0.gif
    3E836AF0-EA7A-4CCD-AB10-A41CEE012CB0.gif
    243.7 KB · Views: 1,648
Reactions: 4 people
Inside scoop is that they nearly came to blows at Richt's house one night.

I think Pruitt needs to win more than Richt does.

That is why I think everyone's timelines are too long.

The guy can't stand losing. So he is compelled to fix things, in a hurry.

Reactions: 1 person
I see Pruitt and Smart battling it out for supremacy in the SEC in a few short years. The Saban era is nearing its end.

Reactions: 11 people

I hope you’re right.

Reactions: 2 people
I expect him to be a good enough coach to figure out a way to win every game. I expect him to coach our players to execute the game plans enough to win, despite all the mistakes youngsters will make.

Any coach that needs time to get "his guys" in to run "his system", is bush league. The hard part is getting the players to go all in and put in the work it takes to win games.

Being on point 24/7 for 4-5 years just to get a shot at the NFL millions is a challenge for any coach.

Reactions: 8 people
I hope you're right, though, even if Pruitt is a great HC, think we're now near the end of the "Weak East" era in SEC. Georgia has been a sleeping superpower for awhile and you all finally lived up to the billing under Kirby last year. Dan Mullen is a great coach, too, and Florida is not going to be down for much longer. Meanwhile, South Carolina continues to be pretty competitive in the league.

Then, of course, our cross-divisional rival is Bama, so we're pretty much in a situation where we're probably going to have a bare minimum of 3-4 really tough games every season. If Pruitt can succeed given all that, then he'll certainly be worth every penny.

There’s only one way to find out. Let’s hope it works out

thanks Dawg...well, we'll see how it goes...early in the "process" though...time waits for no one...:)

GO VOLS...OWN THE GEORGIA BULLDOGS...:)

Paraphrasing here, but, when asked "Have you identified who the leaders are on the team?", Pruitt responds, "We are. The coaches are the leaders.". Bam!!! I hated how the previous coach seemed delegate away his authority. Almost like he was afraid to assert himself. Players can lead by example, but not in authority.

Reactions: 11 people
Not a Vol fan

Lets compare the start both got off too, first recruiting classes both stayed with their team and coached through the playoffs, UGA and Kirby finished 9, UT and Pruitt finished 20.

Lets compare their hires for their staff, Kirby hires a DC with multiple successful years in the NFL as a DC, Pruitt hires a buddy from his HS days who spent 1 year as a DC at South Alabama,

For OC, Kirby hired a guy with multiple years of OC experience running different type offense, Pruitt hires a passing game coordinator who didn't call plays

RB coach which is a recruiting mercenary job, Kirby hires number 1 recruiter in the country, Pruitt hires a buddy who use to coach at IMG and no one there knows.

OL coach Kirby hires one of the best if not the best in the country, Pruitt hires his college roommate.

WR, Kirby hires a former OC at a P5 school, Pruitt hires a guy 2 years removed from the HS sideline.

TE, Kirby hires a coach with multiple years as a P5 coordinator, Pruitt hires another buddy from the support staff at Bama

DL coach, Kirby hired a young agressive DL coach who preaches technique, Pruitt hired a DL coach Kirby fired for being lazy recruiter and coach.

The CB coach at UT seems to have the best resume of any coach Pruitt hired and the only personal connection he had with him was coaching with his college roommate.

The S hire was the most puzzling, FSU's defense has been a sieve since Pruitt left.

UT's staff scares no one in the SEC and Pruitt will end up making headlines at some booster's meeting when too many booster's wives and alcohol are present at the same time.

Lets compare the start both got off too, first recruiting classes both stayed with their team and coached through the playoffs, UGA and Kirby finished 9, UT and Pruitt finished 20.

Lets compare their hires for their staff, Kirby hires a DC with multiple successful years in the NFL as a DC, Pruitt hires a buddy from his HS days who spent 1 year as a DC at South Alabama,

For OC, Kirby hired a guy with multiple years of OC experience running different type offense, Pruitt hires a passing game coordinator who didn't call plays

RB coach which is a recruiting mercenary job, Kirby hires number 1 recruiter in the country, Pruitt hires a buddy who use to coach at IMG and no one there knows.

OL coach Kirby hires one of the best if not the best in the country, Pruitt hires his college roommate.

WR, Kirby hires a former OC at a P5 school, Pruitt hires a guy 2 years removed from the HS sideline.

TE, Kirby hires a coach with multiple years as a P5 coordinator, Pruitt hires another buddy from the support staff at Bama

DL coach, Kirby hired a young agressive DL coach who preaches technique, Pruitt hired a DL coach Kirby fired for being lazy recruiter and coach.

The CB coach at UT seems to have the best resume of any coach Pruitt hired and the only personal connection he had with him was coaching with his college roommate.

The S hire was the most puzzling, FSU's defense has been a sieve since Pruitt left.

UT's staff scares no one in the SEC and Pruitt will end up making headlines at some booster's meeting when too many booster's wives and alcohol are present at the same time.
Other than this they are very similar.:eek:lol:

Thank you for your encouragement. I don’t like Kirby, but he’s taken UGA to a championship level team in 1 year. The only other coach that I know has done this is Saban.

As for Pruitt “going against the grain,” this is Your interpretation of hearsay/gossip. Same for Pruitt and Smart almost getting into a fight. It’s 3rd hand gossip. Kirby has proven he’s a top level head coach and recruiter. Pruitt has proven he’s a top level defensive coordinator. Time will tell how this plays out.

Oh, and from what I’ve heard, none of the coaches or support staff like Kirby. He’s a micro-managing, loose cannon. (Don’t worry, not many coaches like Saban either...)

Reactions: 1 person

Not telling the whole story there dip *hit

Reactions: 7 people
Thank you for your encouragement. I don’t like Kirby, but he’s taken UGA to a championship level team in 1 year. The only other coach that I know has done this is Saban.

Kirby also had a great base of talent to start with. Regardless of what Richt didn't do at UGA, he always had a deep talent pool to work with.

That's going to end up being a huge difference between the two. Pruitt will have to rebuild that talent pool while Kirby inherited a reasonably stocked cabinet.

Reactions: 5 people

Good grief.. Based on your inaccurate spin, I’m guessing your diligence and accuracy at work are horrific...

Reactions: 5 people
Kirby also had a great base of talent to start with. Regardless of what Richt didn't do at UGA, he always had a deep talent pool to work with.

That's going to end up being a huge difference between the two. Pruitt will have to rebuild that talent pool while Kirby inherited a reasonably stocked cabinet.

Yep 👍🏼

VN Store

Back