If Kyle Phillips will truly

Nocleats

I really believe if Kyle will truly dedicate himself to the weight room and busting his butt to learn this new defensive scheme, he can move into an early round draft choice. He has the fastest 1st step of any D Lineman on the team. If he gets his strength way up and puts on 10-15 he is prototypical NFL DT in a 3-4

Reactions: 4 people
I really believe if Kyle will truly dedicate himself to the weight room and busting his butt to learn this new defensive scheme, he can move into an early round draft choice. He has the fastest 1st step of any D Lineman on the team. If he gets his strength way up and puts on 10-15 he is prototypical NFL DT in a 3-4

Uh, what? Doesn't Phillips come in around 265? If he puts on 15 he'd still be a really small nose tackle.

Reactions: 3 people
Malik Jackson was moved over from DE at times to DT I believe he was bout the same size..

Uh, what? Doesn't Phillips come in around 265? If he puts on 15 he'd still be a really small nose tackle.

Not going to be playing NT. Do you even DE in a 3-4, dude? And he was running 275 last season. 15 puts him at ideal weight.

Reactions: 6 people

He really does not have has mass to his frame to play DT especially in the low body

Reactions: 1 person
IÂ’m just hoping Tuttle is the same disruptive guy with an insanely quick first step that we saw as a sophomore. If heÂ’s 100% this year, he will make a massive impact

Reactions: 4 people

Do what? Love Kyle, but heÂ’s got a ton of work to do just to get into the late round draft choice discussion

Last edited:
Yes. Hand is a 3-4 DE at 288. How would Phillips fair as a 3-4 DT at 280?

Phillips needs to be at DE. You need a bigger guy to plug the middle and fight off a double team block. You put Kyle at the end and let him contain and force runners inside. If he can stay healthy, that was what he is built for.

So if i understand you correctly, if Kyle dedicates himself to becoming a good player, he will become a good player?

Groundbreaking stuff.

Not going to be playing NT. Do you even DE in a 3-4, dude? And he was running 275 last season. 15 puts him at ideal weight.

The outside 2 down linemen in the 3-4 are usually referred to as DEs. I guess some call them DTs, but where I came from they were DEs.

To come out of spring and fall practice.
Phillips improvement would certainly be one that would be a great help to Team #......(oh, please forgive me, I almost reverted to a Butchism....:dance:).

To come out of spring and fall practice.
Phillips improvement would certainly be one that would be a great help to Team #......(oh, please forgive me, I almost reverted to a Butchism....:dance:).

I thought knowing the team number was pretty cool

Reactions: 2 people
The outside 2 down linemen in the 3-4 are usually referred to as DEs. I guess some call them DTs, but where I came from they were DEs.

I was actually going to try to explain this as my 2nd post ever so thank you for doing it. They are still DEnds. 3-4 DEnds have to be bigger and more versatile to stop the run and pass rush.

I thought knowing the team number was pretty cool

So did most everyone till we started losing . Everyone wants to distance themselves from "the failure" now like he has the plague.

C'mon. The guy got in over his head. He did many good things here. Even Saban used "resiliency" more than once in his post natty presser. :-D

Reactions: 2 people
I think you meant to say he'd be a good DE in the 3-4, since there isn't a DT in the 3-4 but a NT and two DEs.

If the so, the comments that followed are pretty much irrelevant.

There are about 25 players on this team that if they stay healthy, if they hit the weight room, and if they "get it," could..........

Depending on responsibilities, some teams label the 3 as NT, DT, and DE. The "DT" is much more like a 3-4 end, or a 4-3 DT, than a nose.

VN Store

Back