Since Pruitt can obviously remove off the field positions....

UpstateVol613

How about Bob Kesling? The coaches show is utterly unwatchable. Has Bob ever asked a hardball question? There is no real information that comes from that show. We could get beat say 41 - 0 and the dialogue would go something like this. Bob “Well things didn't go like you were hoping for coach” Butch “We have to show better leadership”

Reactions: 5 people
How about Bob Kesling? The coaches show is utterly unwatchable. Has Bob ever asked a hardball question? There is no real information that comes from that show. We could get beat say 41 - 0 and the dialogue would go something like this. Bob “Well things didn't go like you were hoping for coach” Butch “We have to show better leadership”

Why would a coach fire Bob for failing to ask him hardball questions, especially on the coach’s own show? Doesn’t make much sense.

Reactions: 32 people

Easy solution.....Don't watch. :thud:

Reactions: 17 people

So you want him to fire Kesling for doing the coaches show exactly the way it's meant to be done? :eek:k:

The coach's show is supposed to be softball and not a deep dive. It's about putting the best face forward on a program or a game even if things are shiznit show. You may gain some insights here and there, like Johnny Majors enthusiasm when a defense makes a big stop and he excitedly exclaims "cover 'em up in orange!!!" but a deep dive is not what this show is about no matter the college, coach, or host involved is my experience.

Reactions: 2 people
Try looking in the mirror and asking yourself some hardball questions, and be honest in the answers. If this is a show about you, and you produce and director the set and questions, you going to put yourself in the best light or the worst?..........in front of millions of fans.

Come on, wake up and smell the coffee, UT Fans are experiencing some serious hangover from Dooly, Kiffen and Jones......lets all be a little sensitive to the situation, no one like where UT Football has been, let't support CJP like we have everyone in the past and give them the space they need to be successful. If CJP is not holding up a SEC Trophy in 3-4 years.........then let's move on to the next guy.

Reactions: 2 people
Why would a coach fire Bob for failing to ask him hardball questions, especially on the coach’s own show? Doesn’t make much sense.

I should have phrased my question better. That is one of the reasons I would like to see him go. Also don’t really like his play by play either.

I would think Pruitt would want to see him go because he doesn’t resonate with young recruits.

I think one of the biggest problems TN has is an image problem. As evidenced by Quay Walker on signing day and the narrative the media portrayed over the Schiano fiasco. It is popular to kick and pick on TN.

That being said is this the image you want to sell?
bob kesling - Google Search

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldn't mind it if they just ran the old Johnny Majors Shows. Those were the best and the content is just as relevant but much more entertaining.

The coaches' shows are really worthless in this day and age where every game is on TV and the highlights are shown 24X7.

You're getting ready to see just how hard Butch worked behind the scenes to control the narrative. Had he spent half of that energy on the things that truly mattered there's a small chance he may still be here. The guy was a self proclaimed rock star and nothing more.

Reactions: 4 people
I should have phrased my question better. That is one of the reasons I would like to see him go. Also don’t really like his play by play either.

I would think Pruitt would want to see him go because he doesn’t resonate with young recruits.

I think one of the biggest problems TN has is an image problem. As evidenced by Quay Walker on signing day and the narrative the media portrayed over the Schiano fiasco. It is popular to kick and pick on TN.

That being said is this the image you want to sell?
bob kesling - Google Search

Do you really think recruits would choose not to come to UT because of Bob Kesling? I have never heard of a recruit turning down a school because of radio commentary. That being said, I do not think Bon Kesling is a good play-by-play man.

A Butch Jones' team going 0-8 in SEC -- makes it kind of tough on the moderator. What "real information" do you need, anyway, more than 0-8?

But Butch had 5 years opp, and is now out.

Let's see how Coach Pruitt runs things.

That QW tossed the hat across the gym floor -- get over it, and win on the field.

I like Bob.

Reactions: 4 people
You're getting ready to see just how hard Butch worked behind the scenes to control the narrative. Had he spent half of that energy on the things that truly mattered there's a small chance he may still be here. The guy was a self proclaimed rock star and nothing more.

Nailed it!

Huh. Self-proclaimed rock star. And I didn't think I had ANYthing in common with Butch.

Do you really think recruits would choose not to come to UT because of Bob Kesling? I have never heard of a recruit turning down a school because of radio commentary. That being said, I do not think Bon Kesling is a good play-by-play man.

Agreed. But I think it plays a part in the image of your program. Personally I would like us to be the “Oregon of the South” I liked the Smokey Grey uniforms and those kind of things play to recruits. It’s a fact!! Oregon is a barren wasteland when it comes to talent so they had to recruit nationally and convince kids to go away to school far from home. Another example would be Clemson which has developed into an image. We are NEVER going to have local talent to pull from like Georgia so we have to find way to even up the playing field.

But then you get these old farts on here who start screaming “tradition, tradition, tradition” News flash kids today don’t care about that. Also most of them were barely alive the last time TN was relevant and their tradition mattered.

Last edited:

Really? What are we getting ready to see that's going to prove all that, specifically? I want to mark my calendar so I don't miss it.

Really? What are we getting ready to see that's going to prove all that, specifically? I want to mark my calendar so I don't miss it.

In press conferences with Pruitt, pay attention to Monday press conferences after games. There won't be a list of approved questions

A head coach working to can the radio play-by-play guy would be next level Butch Jones s***. I cannot imagine that Pruitt cares about such things. If he does, he's not long for this line of work.

Agreed. But I think it plays a part in the image of your program. Personally I would like us to be the “Oregon of the South” I liked the Smokey Grey uniforms and those kind of things play to recruits. It’s a fact!! Oregon is a barren wasteland when it comes to talent so they had to recruit nationally and convince kids to go away to school far from home. Another example would be Clemson which has developed into an image. We are NEVER going to have local talent to pull from like Georgia so we have to find way to even up the playing field.

But then you get these old farts on here who start screaming “tradition, tradition, tradition” News flash kids today don’t care about that. Also most of them where barely alive the last time TN was relevant and their tradition mattered.

Yeah just ask Bama.... or maybe not....

I’m sure I’ll get burned for this but I believe in stating the truth...CBJ had a couple of “good” seasons and injuries did effect that some but a few history revisionist want to use CBJ and the horrible 2017 season to vent their anger and declare him the second coming of Adolph Hilter. Hopefully CJP will get a little sanity from the fan base but I HIGHLY doubt it.......BY THE WAY COACH PRUITT IS NOT GOING TO FIRE BOB😏😏

I'd like to fire Kesling cuz he's a bore to listen to and can barely pronounce his own last name not because he's actually doing his job.

VN Store

Back