Manning may be coming to MNF or TNF

I think I read somewhere that Manning reached out to John Madden when he retired and was told to go the Elway route to being a GM.

We'll see what Peyton decides, I guess.

He needs to hit the comedy circuit with Ron White or James Gregory

Yeah, getting into comedy with the current climate would be great for his brand. :)

He should be in the booth. I don't care how good of a GM he would be, there is no way he's better at anything right now than breaking down a football game.

Also, Madden is wealthy beyond his wildest dreams because of the video game, and there is no way he gets asked to put his name on that if he's a GM.

Manning wants to aim higher and be an owner, not a GM. I think he can make more money (and get closer to becoming an owner) doing other things with his time. He can fetch a pretty penny as a GM, but then he will have no time for anything else.

Am I the only one who doesn’t give 2 flying ****$ what this man does? After this Schiano fiasco

So, somebody who has done more for the university than you could ever possibly imagine doing yourself is written off because you think he made a bad endorsement?

Reactions: 12 people
Am I the only one who doesn’t give 2 flying ****$ what this man does? After this Schiano fiasco

Peyton, crazy like a fox. Knew it was the only way to get Fulmer to AD and the greatest coach ever as HC. Master of the pre snap read and smokescreen.

Reactions: 2 people

Wouldn’t go that far, love and appreciate Peyton for who he is and what he’s done as a player and person. One of my all-time favorites. However, given that he endorsed Currie over Fulmer for AD and Schiano at all, the bloom is off the rose just a bit for me.

Reactions: 6 people
Wouldn’t go that far, love and appreciate Peyton for who he is and what he’s done as a player and person. One of my all-time favorites. However, given that he endorsed Currie over Fulmer for AD and Schiano at all, the bloom is off the rose just a bit for me.

Well put and I agree to a T Kb.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If I'm Peyton, I'd rather not have the MNF or TNF gig. Surely he doesn't want to spend his retirement commenting on terrible football.

Is there any evidence that he endorsed Currie over Fulmer? Seems hard to believe.

I couldn't care less who he supports for AD, coach, whatever. He's my favorite Vol ever, favorite professional athlete ever.

So, somebody who has done more for the university than you could ever possibly imagine doing yourself is written off because you think he made a bad endorsement?

The Peyton worship is ridiculous. He played ball here, not cure cancer.

Reactions: 4 people
No, but he has raised a boatload of cash for local hospital that does cure cancer.

He is a legend man quit hating. Peyton Manning transcended the NFL and changed the qb position forever. No one will ever be able to duplicate.

**sorry nc I quoted the wrong person**

VN Store

Back