The Freaking ESPN Computer Hates Us

Nothing we can really say about that right now. We suck. We just have to wait until Pruitt shows the country differently.

Reactions: 17 people
Where does it say our wins?

I ran the numbers and It was closer to 6 wins

I don't blame ESPN's algorithms for having a lack of faith in Tennessee considering how dismal last year's season was.

Once we start winning at a high level again, none of these preseason polls will matter at all.

Reactions: 6 people
No proven quarterback, a weak offensive line (last year), our best offensive weapon gone, depleted secondary, and brand new coaches all across the board. I don't need an algorithm to tell me next year could be tough. I could be wrong and I hope I am, but I think it's going to be tough.

Reactions: 8 people
Dad used to tell me: "You can't win today's games on yesterdays home runs". I wouldn't expect anything different until we win a few. Exactly what an 0-8 SEC season last year leads too.

This time last year, people were predicting a loss to Alabama and maybe Georgia. Easy win over Georgia Tech. SEC east within our grasp.

Weird how a team can give up. No way were we worse than some of the teams we lost too. It's been beat to death, but Butch lost any influence over this team maybe even before the GA game.

So Jeremy - whip these boys into a winning team and prove ESPN wrong. I am optimistic.

Reactions: 8 people
Reactions: 1 person
The FPI had us at 22 last year preseason...its a joke that doesn't take coaching into consideration.

Reactions: 3 people
4-8 is still my prediction with a lean towards three. Last year I was exactly right and the preceeding three years I underestimated by exactly one game, so I've been pretty close. But that was under Butch, who I analyzed with great precision. No clue about the new guy.

Reactions: 3 people
4-8 is still my prediction with a lean towards three. Last year I was exactly right and the preceeding three years I underestimated by exactly one game, so I've been pretty close. But that was under Butch, who I analyzed with great precision. No clue about the new guy.

No way this team will do worse than last year. They have real coaches and optimism now. That was the worst team in TN history.

OG, let's hope you will need to recalibrate your pessi-meter before mid-season.

It also said we should have been undeafted like 2 seasons ago

I hope we continue to get dogged in the media.Maybe CJP will use this to our advantage and put a chip on the shoulder of these players to motivate them to prove everyone wrong.

VN Store

Back