Fulmer comments on Gillespie departure

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Reactions: 7 people
Not appropriate language when kicking a coach to the curb... Phil should be more diplomatic.

Reactions: 5 people
Coach RG will either have a job soon or he'll sit on his $$$$$ and take a year off to relax and see what his best options are for next year.

He's too good a coach/recruiter to be unemployed long if he wants to get back to work soon.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 3 people
It is strange to hear Fulmer talk like that. If Fulmer had applied that same "big boy business" attitude to his underperforming assistant coaches during his tenure (instead of his coaching staff stability mantra), he might still be coaching.

Reactions: 25 people
It’s a f ing RB coach ... biggest drama queens in the nation on here. Please tell me what huge recruits he has landed and how he gotten us back to the top. Wait a minute we just had the worst team in our entire HISTORY

Reactions: 17 people
It is strange to hear Fulmer talk like that. If Fulmer had applied that same "big boy business" attitude to his underperforming assistant coaches during his tenure (instead of his coaching staff stability mantra), he might still be coaching.

And I think he'd tell you you're right. He said Bobby Bowden told him when he was young that staff stability was the key to jus success.

Taking this advice to an extreme combined with some of the lowest available salaries for assistants from the AD was his downfall.

Reactions: 8 people
And I think he'd tell you you're right. He said Bobby Bowden told him when he was young that staff stability was the key to jus success.

Taking this advice to an extreme combined with some of the lowest available salaries for assistants from the AD was his downfall.

Great post MV, but you know there is no room for logic on VolNation.

There could be a ton of factors in place. Perhaps CRG wasn’t meshing well with the other coaches, maybe losing out on few recruits on NSD was the reason, or maybe CRG did not agree with the new coaching philosophy.

It is possible that CJP wanted another offensive mind on staff or maybe CRG was retained through NSD on a trial basis.

It is possible that CRG wanted a raise and an extension but CJP refused until after the season. I wouldn’t be surprised if CRG got offered a position elsewhere and Tried to use it as leverage so CJP said to take it.

There are so many possibilities. The story will eventually come out.

Reactions: 3 people

Aren't we supposed to learn from our mistakes? I think that's what is going to make Fulmer such a great asset. He's been humbled by the big boy business himself.

Reactions: 2 people
RG will be fine. He will be in high demand and he will still be paid if he chooses to take a break.

So I thought he brought him back to the team. If im Robert I would be pissed. Im pretty sure he could have went anywhere else and got a job but he chose to come back to only get let go.

Reactions: 1 person
Weinke is/should be a huge upgrade at least from a recruiting stand point.

Glad he is on board. Gillespie will land on his feet. He is a good coach. The timing sucks for him though his options are more limited now.

That being said, pretty hypocritical hearing that "big boy" comment come from Fulmer. The man spent the last 10 years chirping in the media about getting fired.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back