Tennessee Football

Johnnyreb#VFL

Work like heck
Ok. Here it is. The time has come. Both the Vols and Titans completely clean house. New coaches in place. How does it turn out?

Which program/franchise is more likely to experience instant success this fall?

Which will have the more successful next 3-5 years?

Which is more likely to bust?

My fellow Tennesseans and you other folk, what say you?

**Success is loosely defined. Make of it what you will.**

Reactions: 1 person
Ok. Here it is. The time has come. Both the Vols and Titans completely clean house. New coaches in place. How does it turn out?

Which program/franchise is more likely to experience instant success this fall?

Which will have the more successful next 3-5 years?

Which is more likely to bust?

My fellow Tennesseans and you other folk, what say you?

**Success is loosely defined. Make of it what you will.**

Well that’s clear. The titans will definitely have more immediate success than the vols just because they have a pretty talented roster. But in 3-5 years, I see us being more successful. Vrabel is most definitely more likely a bust. Wasn’t thrilled by the hire but I’ll give him a shot. Pruitt has a better HC mentality imo.

Could careless about the Titans so I hope the vols have a natty within five years. To much garbage and turmoil over in Jerry's world for me to be so involved in the NFL and I completely sh** the bed in my fantasy football leagues this year. Not to mention Goodell is one of the biggest scumbags on earth.

Reactions: 5 people
Titans seem to have great GM in place. Hard for me to understand though why you fire a coach that got you to the playoffs for the first time in years. To say I am high on the Vols new coach and staff would be an understatement. I am hoping to see immediate improvement due to having people that have a plan and know how to develop players. Go damn Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
The obvious answer is the Vols for a couple of reasons.

1. Outside of New England, sustaining success and achieving success at the NFL level is harder than in college. There are no teams paid to take a whipping on the NFL schedule.

2. Deshaun Watson. The Jags. The AFC South is getting better quickly.

Last edited:

1. Outside of New England, sustaining success and achieving success at the NFL level is harder than in college. There are no teams paid to take a whipping on the NFL schedule.

2. Deshaun Watson. The Jags. The AFC is getting better quickly.
I have to say that even though I would root for the taliban if they were playing the gators, you are a good poster, better than some so-called Vol fans. Makes me not hate the reptiles as much"still a lot". Lol

Vols! Never have cared for the Titans and with Vrable there (BUY A VOWEL!) I don’t like them at all. I remember his nasty words toward UT before the Citrus Bowl in 1996. He’s a punk

I hope the vols will be way more successful than the titans. I love the vols and can not stand the titans. I'm sure I'm in the minority of tennesseans that don't root for the titans, but I watched football and had a favorite pro team(dolphins)way before the titans were around.

The question is contingent upon a false dichotomy fallacy, namely the false dilemma and premise that one will achieve "instant success" before the other and that either will achieve "instant success."

Sir, I respectfully submit to you that the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Titans can draft players and they can BUY players in free agency so that's a huge plus for the Titans.

Titans also already have a great QB in place and our Vols are still trying to get a good QB so the Titans are ahead there too.

Vols also have to go beg HS kids to come play in Tennessee so you never know how that's going to work out but with the NFL draft new kids go where they're drafted.

Many reasons the Titans should see greater success faster.

VFL...GBO!!!

The question is contingent upon a false dichotomy fallacy, namely the false dilemma and premise that one will achieve "instant success" before the other and that either will achieve "instant success."

Sir, I respectfully submit to you that the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

That’s why we are hypothesizing.

Wish I could be a Titans fan as I've always believed in pulling for home team, but I'm just not. I've been a Raiders fan since I was 6 years old, back when we didn't have a pro team. So far the Titans just haven't endeared themselves to me for whatever reason, even back when they were winning. I never liked the nickname, never liked the logo, never liked the colors, ugh those colors! Getting rid of that damn sissy baby blue would go a long way for me to be honest.

Plus to me the Titans don't have an identity. They're just sort of generic. They're like the "Wonder Bread" of the NFL to me.

Last edited:
Well that’s clear. The titans will definitely have more immediate success than the vols just because they have a pretty talented roster. But in 3-5 years, I see us being more successful. Vrabel is most definitely more likely a bust. Wasn’t thrilled by the hire but I’ll give him a shot. Pruitt has a better HC mentality imo.

As I posted in another thread, the Vols have quite a bit of talent on the roster. It'll be up to CJP to develop it.

Wish I could be a Titans fan as I've always believed in pulling for home team, but I'm just not. I've been a Raiders fan since I was 6 years old, back when we didn't have a pro team. So far the Titans just haven't endeared themselves to me for whatever reason, even back when they were winning. I never liked the nickname, never liked the logo, never liked the colors, ugh those colors! Getting rid of that damn sissy baby blue would go a long way for me to be honest.

Plus to me the Titans don't have an identity. They're just sort of generic. They're like the "Wonder Bread" of the NFL to me.

To be honest, I was a Colts fan for the longest and Broncos when Peyton went there. But Peyton was the sole reason for it honestly. Once he retired, it seemed like the right move to jump to the Titans even though they weren’t winning at the time because I live just outside of Nashville. NFL as a whole almost lost me but I like supporting my home team now. That and I like rooting against the Pats.

If the Titans going winless for the rest of their existence gained the Vols even one more victory then I'd be for it

Vols! Never have cared for the Titans and with Vrable there (BUY A VOWEL!) I don’t like them at all. I remember his nasty words toward UT before the Citrus Bowl in 1996. He’s a punk

now now, just because you guys are the new cellar dweller in the AFC South, no need for the hostility :)

As I posted in another thread, the Vols have quite a bit of talent on the roster. It'll be up to CJP to develop it.

meh. the talent thing is overrated imo. people say 'back to back top 7 classes' and think problem solved.

you look at the interior of the o line, that's a problem, i don't care what they start rankings say.

you go back and re rank those top classes, with just the players that are left from those classes, that are on the roster today, and they're not close to top 7 classes.

so i'll say there's talent in spots, and there's holes in others.

so whatever rating system you want to use, the 'talent' that's left is mostly either unproven, had injury problems or a lot of it has just plain gone away...transfer, retirement, graduate or to the NFL.

all that said, i think the roster in general is in better shape than it was when CBJ took over. but not as good of shape as it could have been had we fired CBJ after the Vandy loss in 2016. but whatever, that ship sailed....

as you said....development, buy in, depth, overall chemistry with the staff and roster....all way more important to the 2018 season than any talent rating you want to put next to this roster when compared to anyone we compete with.:thumbsup:

Only 1 Tennessee team, The Vols!! nashville titans it should be.

I think you mean Nashville Oilers. They're still the damned Oilers, they will never lose the stench of that no matter how many times they shower. Nothing can prevent them from being the Oilers.

2. Deshaun Watson. The Jags. The AFC South is getting better quickly.

The Titans will have to play a second team conference schedule, which will much tougher than the weakest schedule in NFL they played this year.

VN Store

Back