Team picture

VFL13

Sorry mods if this isn't thread worthy. But does anyone have the team pictures of the back in the day vols vs last year? I remember seeing it last year and wanted to show it to a friend. Hope Pruitt and Fitzgerald can get our guys looking like little, Wilson, and haynesworth

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry mods if this isn't thread worthy. But does anyone have the team pictures of the back in the day vols vs last year? I remember seeing it last year and wanted to show it to a friend. Hope Pruitt and Fitzgerald can get our guys looking like little, Wilson, and haynesworth

First they have to recruit Little, Wilson, and Haynesworth type players.

there is this little rectangular box at the top of the thread with a button "Search" beside it. I propose you using that. It could help a lot. :good!:

Reactions: 2 people
I think the pics were doctored anyway weren't they?

That was the Butch apologists excuse. The '98 players were oiled up, but even then, it was a night a day difference. When Butch was bragging that 20 players could now power clean 315, it was apparent we were in trouble that season.

Reactions: 6 people
there is this little rectangular box at the top of the thread with a button "Search" beside it. I propose you using that. It could help a lot. :good!:

Or you could help someone out that had already searched here and the internet with no luck. Or just be a d-bsg, that's cool too

Reactions: 34 people

Lol missed the comma after “Little”, thinking Wilson wasn’t small at all!

We'll, this has always been my fav ... :eek:lol:
PJ-AW681_SP_FEA_G_20100830175816.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Also...as much as no one wants to hear it...all those teams back then, late 90's were juicing. All teams. if you go back and look at any of those teams, FLA, NEB, MICH, FSU, etc...all juicing. the testing was no where near where it is now.

Also...as much as no one wants to hear it...all those teams back then, late 90's were juicing. All teams. if you go back and look at any of those teams, FLA, NEB, MICH, FSU, etc...all juicing. the testing was no where near where it is now.[/
Thanks, Dr. Oz. :ermm:

Last edited:
Pruitt has been talking about how small we are. He blamed that for all our injuries the last few years. We were completely out of shape the last few years.

Pruitt has been talking about how small we are. He blamed that for all our injuries the last few years. We were completely out of shape the last few years.

He also mentioned tackling and blocking to the ground. Mentioned going to "thud" practice.

I felt good about our conditioning last year. The strength part was hard for me to judge due to scheme. Injury aspect was another epic fail.

Practice better, play better.

celery3.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
He also mentioned tackling and blocking to the ground. Mentioned going to "thud" practice.

I felt good about our conditioning last year. The strength part was hard for me to judge due to scheme. Injury aspect was another epic fail.

Practice better, play better.

You felt good about our conditioning last year? Before or after you saw the season play out? Seems like we quickly started fading in most games after the opener vs about everybody we played.

I think Rock was probably a good hire and was likely doing a good to adequate job, but we were so woeful at baseline that one year just wasn’t enough to see results. I’m excited about what Ferguson’s gonna do here given his reputation. Just gonna take a little time.

Last edited:
You felt good about our conditioning last year? Before or after you saw the season play out? Seems like we quickly started fading in most games after the opener vs about everybody we played.

I think Rock was probably a good hire and was likely doing a good to adequate job, but we were so woeful at baseline that one year just wasn’t enough to see results. I’m excited about what Ferguson’s gonna do here given his reputation. Just gonna take a little time.

Our defense had a few injuries combining that with the amount of time the D was on the field and you get 0-8.

To make a blanket statement they were out of shape seems over the top.

7 months is enough time to get conditioning to SEC level.

I think Rock was an old school power lift guy, but didn't put too much into aerobics, so we faded in a lot down the stretch in many of our losses

Not saying they were Juicing, but if you turned out the light they all Glowed in the Dark!! :blink::blink:

*Pic is of the 97 SEC Championship team.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-14-20-20-29-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-14-20-20-29-1.png
    780.3 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back