Vols Memorabilia/"I will give my all.." sign

Oskie

Does anybody know of a place where I can get a replica of the Vols locker room sign, "I will give my all for Tennessee today? So far google has not proven up to the task. I wouldn't mind having it for a car decal either. Figure it would be something a little different.

Does anybody know of a place where I can get a replica of the Vols locker room sign, "I will give my all for Tennessee today? So far google has not proven up to the task. I wouldn't mind having it for a car decal either. Figure it would be something a little different.

I got that new book with all the replica tickets, 1985 UT 16 Bama 14 replica bumper sticker, etc. There's one of those signs in that book. I guess it would help if I could tell you the name of the book, but I can't find it right now. Somebody will come along shortly to let you know. As far as a bumper sticker, I'm sure you can find one as well.

Found the book. It's called The University of Tennessee Football Vault, The Story of the Tennessee Volunteers, 1891-2006, by Tom Mattingly.

You can make it into a bumper sticker.

Attachments

• TennesseeVols1.jpg
    TennesseeVols1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 210
"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a Volunteer" would be good too.

I got that new book with all the replica tickets, 1985 UT 16 Bama 14 replica bumper sticker, etc. There's one of those signs in that book. I guess it would help if I could tell you the name of the book, but I can't find it right now. Somebody will come along shortly to let you know. As far as a bumper sticker, I'm sure you can find one as well.

That book is one of the best gifts I've ever received

Reactions: 2 people
I have been looking for one of those signs to go above the door going out of my UT room for about a year now. Hopefully someone will know of a place to get one.

I have been looking for one of those signs to go above the door going out of my UT room for about a year now. Hopefully someone will know of a place to get one.

Ditto here. I was contemplating a trip to the nearby sign shop down here if all else fails.

OK, OK. . . .Here's my technique.

I designed the sign on MS Publisher. The font is actually Times New Roman, bold and italicised, adjusted in size and spacing to match the "real deal." Without dimensions of the sign in Neyland, I estimated using pictures that included football players' hands in close proximity. Background color is Pantone Orange 151.

I then had the text box sign printed on gloss sign material at Kinkos and mounted on foam core. Here's where it gets a little tricky: I hand trimmed the sides and top using an Exacto blade, which sounds harder than it really was. You can scetch the shape using a felt-tipped pen, then trim just inside, making use of a straight-edged ruler or T-square for the long pass at the top.

I mounted it with little circular "eye" tabs and tiny nails, resting the bottom on my door frame for stability. Finally, two parts ice, one part Jack Daniels for the introductory smack on the way downstairs, and prepare for some "oooohing" and "aaahing" when your friends first witness your creation.

Here's the finished product, as well as the one at Neyland. If you like it, I might be convinced to shoot you my Publisher file. . . .

Attachments

• Locker Room Sign Small.JPG
    Locker Room Sign Small.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 263
  • Locker Exit.gif
    Locker Exit.gif
    48.1 KB · Views: 207
Reactions: 5 people
Kiddiedoc that sign looks exact! good job! any help making one would be appreciated

That's some really nice work -- nice enough to where I think I may have to try your project out myself. My house NEEDS that sign up, at least during football season. So you A) had Kinko's print out your Publisher file, B) sketched the sides and top of the sign in with a felt-tip pen, and then C) cut it out with an Exacto knife? If so, you did a great job matching up the sides of the sign with the original.

It would be lovely if you could post your Publisher file in this thread, since you did such a nice job with it...

OK, OK. . . .Here's my technique.

I designed the sign on MS Publisher. The font is actually Times New Roman, bold and italicised, adjusted in size and spacing to match the "real deal." Without dimensions of the sign in Neyland, I estimated using pictures that included football players' hands in close proximity. Background color is Pantone Orange 151.

I then had the text box sign printed on gloss sign material at Kinkos and mounted on foam core. Here's where it gets a little tricky: I hand trimmed the sides and top using an Exacto blade, which sounds harder than it really was. You can scetch the shape using a felt-tipped pen, then trim just inside, making use of a straight-edged ruler or T-square for the long pass at the top.

I mounted it with little circular "eye" tabs and tiny nails, resting the bottom on my door frame for stability. Finally, two parts ice, one part Jack Daniels for the introductory smack on the way downstairs, and prepare for some "oooohing" and "aaahing" when your friends first witness your creation.

Here's the finished product, as well as the one at Neyland. If you like it, I might be convinced to shoot you my Publisher file. . . .

HOLY MOLY!!! You da man, doc. BTW, my newborn is the most precious thing in the world.

OK, guys, here you go. Just don't forget to give me props when somebody compliments your work (and you WILL get compliments if you do it right), and hit me back at a tailgate this fall!

I've included the Pub file and a second that has my template (very helpful for trimming, when it comes time). Kinkos can print it on a glossy sign material and mount it for you -- it will come as a rectangle. Make sure you check the color. "Pantone 151" should be in the vocabulary of every Vol fan. All that's left for you is to trim the sides and top (as described), hang, and enjoy. The trimming is a little cumbersome, but you'll get the hang of it. I found that getting the superficial layer just right wasn't too tough. You'll then want to carve out the foamcore a little bit so there are no rough edges. Don't be scared; I did it all in about an hour.

I do not know of any copyright on the sign, there's none printed on the one in the picture, so I'd say it's fair game.

Enjoy, and GO VOLS!

Attachments

• Locker Room Sign.zip
    46.8 KB · Views: 768
Oh, J, congrats again on the baby! Let me know if you need anything.

Holy cow, that's seriously the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

5 years from now, when I open my sports bar in Knoxville, that sign is going up.

Thanks for sharing your method! This will be a nice little project sometime in the next few weeks -- will post a picture when I get it finished!

(The final step will be determining its Wife Acceptance Factor -- permanent installation, or gameday only? Probably depends on where I want to put it.)

VN Store

Back