I can’t believe how many people on here are bashing Pruitt for the recruiting class

EaglesVols91

I mean come on! He was hired very late in the recruiting process, we had early signing for the first time this year and the whole Schiano fiasco gave Tennessee a very bad look everywhere else in the country besides Knoxville. I don’t care that we have a new coach....we just came off an incredibly bad 4-8 season. You have to be ****ting yourself if you think we had any chance of getting a top 15 class this year. I have a gut feeling about Pruitt, just like I did with Doug Pederson when he was hired with my Eagles and Rick Barnes for our basketball program. I feel more confident in this hire than I have in anyone else we’ve hired since Fulmer. I seriously wonder what the intelligence level is for some of the posters on this forum.

Reactions: 27 people
I mean come on! He was hired very late in the recruiting process, we had early signing for the first time this year and the whole Schiano fiasco gave Tennessee a very bad look everywhere else in the country besides Knoxville. I don’t care that we have a new coach....we just came off an incredibly bad 4-8 season. You have to be ****ting yourself if you think we had any chance of getting a top 15 class this year. I have a gut feeling about Pruitt, just like I did with Doug Pederson when he was hired with my Eagles and Rick Barnes for our basketball program. I feel more confident in this hire than I have in anyone else we’ve hired since Fulmer. I seriously wonder what the intelligence level is for some of the posters on this forum.

You have to understand how crazy some Vol fans are. We have the worst season in modern school history, Jimmy Haslam making a joke out of our coaching hiring process, a staff with a HC in Butch Jones that truly ran us into the gutter and some thought he was going to walk in here and kill it on reputation alone. Its beyond laughable.

Also, I would be willing to be that if the 2019 class isnt in the top 5, some will be calling him overrarted and its time to find someone else. Its like some think we are this powerhouse program that has been dominating at a high level and we should expect nothing short of utter greateness. Those same people have obviously been sleeping for the past decade.

Getting a top 20 recruiting class after what has transpired at Tennessee since Butch was fired is nothing short of a miracle. I am happy with this class. Sure I wish we would have gotten guys like Campbell, Copeland, Walker and ITS. But when you go winless in the SEC, you dont get guys of that caliber. Bashing Pruitt for this NSD shows nothing but idiocy imo.

Reactions: 18 people

There are haters here.

Would not, could not call them part of the fan base.

Maybe local journalists using pseudonyms...

Toxic to the team's success...

This site might be performing a cesspool function?

Useful function, but it should be labeled as such so folks/recruits don't get confused.

Reactions: 3 people

He opened himself up for it. If he had come in and worked full time and ended up with this class, it would be primarily marked up as an uphill battle due to the dumpster fire of the last season. Going off and coaching in bama’s NC run leaves that as a possible reason - gotta own it.

Reactions: 10 people
We got fired up with the surprise during the early signing period. Got our hopes up because we want to win NOW. That is all.

Not impressed with it myself. It's great he was able to get in some living rooms that Butch couldn't but at the end of the day Tennessee didn't finish strong. The whole he had two months is an excuse. CJP has been building relationships with recruits everywhere he has been. I was hoping those relationships would lead to some kids following him but they didn't.
I am in wait and see mode and hope he can coach with the best. No way I can get excited with 8th in the SEC, even if it's a top 20 class.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
There are haters here.

Would not, could not call them part of the fan base.

Maybe local journalists using pseudonyms...

Toxic to the team's success...

This site might be performing a cesspool function?

Useful function, but it should be labeled as such so folks/recruits don't get confused.

How does a fans opinion become toxic to the teams success?

Reactions: 4 people
He opened himself up for it. If he had come in and worked full time and ended up with this class, it would be primarily marked up as an uphill battle due to the dumpster fire of the last season. Going off and coaching in bama’s NC run leaves that as a possible reason - gotta own it.

I don't agree with this being the reason Tennessee didn't finish strong. His Alabama coaching happened during the dead period. Any recruiting he did at this time would have been a violation.

Reactions: 5 people
You've been on here since 2010 and you're shocked about anything posted on volnation?? This website is a sports fanatic satire where few intellectual insights are few and far in between. But I love it. 😀

Reactions: 2 people
You've been on here since 2010 and you're shocked about anything posted on volnation?? This website is a sports fanatic satire where few intellectual insights are few and far in between. But I love it. 😀
It’s sad and the “fans” who give us a bad name play a part in why we’ve been so damn terrible for so long

Reactions: 2 people

These are posters who link John Adams articles, and agree with him. If Tennessee stops allowing access to the program by such journalistic nitwits, the intelligence of the fanbase just might start to recover.

It's Adams people. Even if he says something right, him saying it is still wrong.

Reactions: 5 people
How does a fans opinion become toxic to the teams success?

Recruits decide who they want to play for.

A bunch of high school kids made one of the most important decisions of their lives, and people on volition are complaining about who they are.

If vol fans live in a cesspool of hate, why would you go to school here.

Maybe the moderators should open a thread titled: "Cesspool of Malcontents" and move posts there.

If they don't, the university should force a name change.

It’s sad and the “fans” who give us a bad name play a part in why we’ve been so damn terrible for so long

There's always "bad" fans man. I wouldn't put to much into them being bad fans just erratic and misinformed. I just feel lucky that I'm apart of fan base that cares and loves there vols so much. I live in Memphis where local fans are tiger/titans fans when winning and bama/Patriots fans when losing. I'll be a vol for life if we don't win a game a year!

Reactions: 1 person

Here is what is still flying over your head; All that time he was with Bama after he was hired? It was a dead period. He couldn't call recruits, visit recruits or anything else per the NCAA rules. It ain't a possible reason. If anything, it gave players a chance to see him on TV when they couldn't be contacted by anyone.

No matter how respected he was by recruits as Jeremy Pruitt the Alabama DC, he was mostly starting from scratch as Jeremy Pruitt the Tennessee head coach. It takes time to develop relationships with players and families. Even if he had not been coaching Alabama, the only thing he might have done faster is get his staff hired and introduced. But even that would not have salvaged this class, especially after the Schiano mess.

Reactions: 9 people
Here is what is still flying over your head; All that time he was with Bama after he was hired? It was a dead period. He couldn't call recruits, visit recruits or anything else per the NCAA rules. It ain't a possible reason. If anything, it gave players a chance to see him on TV when they couldn't be contacted by anyone.

No matter how respected he was by recruits as Jeremy Pruitt the Alabama DC, he was mostly starting from scratch as Jeremy Pruitt the Tennessee head coach. It takes time to develop relationships with players and families. Even if he had not been coaching Alabama, the only thing he might have done faster is get his staff hired and introduced. But even that would not have salvaged this class, especially after the Schiano mess.
Dilly Dilly

Aint nobody got time for them facts 😎

Not impressed with it myself. It's great he was able to get in some living rooms that Butch couldn't but at the end of the day he Tennessee didn't finish strong. The whole he had two months is an excuse. CJP has been building relationships with recruits everywhere he has been. I was hoping those relationships would lead to some kids following him but they didn't.
I am in wait and see mode and hope he can coach with the best. No way I can get excited with 8th in the SEC, even if it's a top 20 class.

CJP said it himself that he didn't go trying to flip guys that he had been recruiting to the gumps to us. How could he all of a sudden tell a recruit and their family that from one day to the next they should flip just because of who was signing his checks?

We will never know whether a few extra hours of phone time might have been enough to close the deal on a few of the guys we whiffed on. Pruitt opened himself up to that sort of Monday morning quarterbacking with the choice to stay on staff at Bama. It was a bad choice on his part and it was bad choice by Fulmer to allow it.

CJP said it himself that he didn't go trying to flip guys that he had been recruiting to the gumps to us. How could he all of a sudden tell a recruit and their family that from one day to the next they should flip just because of who was signing his checks?
Isn't that what we hired him to do?

We will never know whether a few extra hours of phone time might have been enough to close the deal on a few of the guys we whiffed on. Pruitt opened himself up to that sort of Monday morning quarterbacking with the choice to stay on staff at Bama. It was a bad choice on his part and it was bad choice by Fulmer to allow it.

I was wrong about you, I thought you were a more mature, educated person that actually knew something about college footVol recruiting and it's obvious now that you don't.

Let me try to help you since it's already been stated several times and you didn't understand it...DEAD PERIOD!

Pruitt did NOT leave Tennessee to go help alaBubba WIN the NC until AFTER the NCAA official DEAD PERIOD started.

The DEAD PERIOD means no coaches can contact recruits during that time so Pruitt did NOT miss anything at all on recruiting while finishing his job at Bama, NOTHING!

Pruitt said he did NOT try to recruit the kids that he had recruited for alaBubba, he started recruiting different kids and left his Bama recruits alone.

That was the RIGHT thing to do, Pruitt is a man of Honor and Integrity, NOT a lowlife scumbag like laMe kiffScum.

Remember, laMe ran off in the middle of the night, he DID call our Tennessee recruits and tried to get the to switch to USC and some of them followed him, he also told the kids NOT to enroll at UT, trying to STEAL recruits that Tennessee had invested lots of time and $$$ to recruit.

That should be a NCAA recruiting violation and I don't understand why it isn't.

If Pruitt wasn't a man of Honor and tried doing that to alaBummer then nick saTan would raise hell and ALL the news press would have crucified Pruitt and Tennessee and NOT 1 serious recruit would speak to anyone from Tennessee again.

Thank God that nobody at Tennessee listens to you my friend because in a couple of years we wouldn't have a footVol Team.

Educate yourself before making a idiot of yourself and trying to destroy what program we still have left.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 12 people

VN Store

Back