What if the SEC looked like this?

Denton'sGhostGBO

I am sure it has been talked about before on here, but what if the SEC was North and South instead of East and WEST. UGA and South Carolina are interchangeable as they sit almost parallel on the map.

Attachments

• sec.PNG
    sec.PNG
    193.7 KB · Views: 225
Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, the main issue with this is that the North division would be terrible. Like, Georgia would have to be the team to go North between them and USC, but then they would have a ridiculously easy schedule, as well as having to pick between Auburn and Florida as their permanent cross-division opponent. One of those two yearly rivalries would go away.

Much more likely is that they eventually get rid of divisions and go with like four permanent opponents per team with the top two in the conference just playing in the SEC Championship at the end of the year. I think that might eventually actually happen.

I for one would like to see us add 2 more teams and have four 4 teams divisions with the division winners playing in the SEC playoff at the end of the year. I think having our own playoff would almost guarantee that the SEC winner would be in the College Football Playoff each year. The other conferences would follow suit and we would end the year with 20 teams in a playoff for the national title.

Reactions: 2 people
You put UGA down south and you could have a unique power football conference. The "north" would be crap, year in and out. Sorry, sad but true. Great basketball conference though traditionally (North).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I for one would like to see us add 2 more teams and have four 4 teams divisions with the division winners playing in the SEC playoff at the end of the year. I think having our own playoff would almost guarantee that the SEC winner would be in the College Football Playoff each year. The other conferences would follow suit and we would end the year with 20 teams in a playoff for the national title.

Interesting idea.

Reactions: 1 person

Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
LSU
Mississippi State
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

Reactions: 28 people

Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
LSU
Mississippi State
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

I would go a bit farther back and switch GaTech with Vandy. Vandy needs to be in the ACC.

Reactions: 3 people
So switch Florida and USCe for Arkansas and Ole miss?? I want to play Florida every year regardless. We will get back to whipping that a$$ every year.

While this would be a pretty cool idea unless the SEC gets screwed out of the CFB playoff (they won't) or other conferences expand to 16 teams first I highly doubt the SEC will even consider expanding to 16 teams.

I am sure it has been talked about before on here, but what if the SEC was North and South instead of East and WEST. UGA and South Carolina are interchangeable as they sit almost parallel on the map.

Yeah, that would never work. South would be way strong.

Here I will renew my call for an SEC schedule of at least 10 games plus two. Someone else ably noted that we could ditch divisions and figure some way to rotate the games. I would also be ok with eleven plus one. TN getting Bama almost every year is super as long as GA, FLA, and the rest get them most years as well.

I wish Virginia Tech and West Virginia would have entered the conference instead of A&M and Missouri.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back